Devs need to change their ways...

Rickus17

13 hours ago, Jacira said:

This is just not true. They do care and they do take action. Did you think that perhaps the cheating and issues that people are having in this game are so common that they cannot just drop everything else to attend to your needs?

K31U8Ez.jpg

If the evidence was as concrete as you suggest then they'll get dealt with eventually.

The problem being that for every screenshot a bob has of stuff like this, there's literally dozens, if not hundreds of people with videos and concrete evidence of "CoC" violations that had nothing and no one doing anything about them.

Let me put it this way;

It's hard to logically explain that cheating has been adequately, or even majorly addressed, when the largest mega-tribes on Official are tribes that have had hundreds if not thousands of accounts banned in it, and been wiped dozens, if not hundreds of times. 

It's extremely easy to think nothing is being done when they're trying to handle the reports from the entire game network with a single unpaid intern who devotes 4 hours a day to enforcing the rules in a game where exploiting is so easy and simple it can be done with a wooden chair or sleeping bag, and basic knowledge of how UE4 works. 

These kinds of views will be prevalent among the playerbase as long as cheating is literally meta, and Wildcard takes no sufficient steps to actually dissuade it. 

2 minutes ago, iAmE said:

The problem being that for every screenshot a bob has of stuff like this, there's literally dozens, if not hundreds of people with videos and concrete evidence of "CoC" violations that had nothing and no one doing anything about them.

Let me put it this way;

It's hard to logically explain that cheating has been adequately, or even majorly addressed, when the largest mega-tribes on Official are tribes that have had hundreds if not thousands of accounts banned in it, and been wiped dozens, if not hundreds of times. 

It's extremely easy to think nothing is being done when they're trying to handle the reports from the entire game network with a single unpaid intern who devotes 4 hours a day to enforcing the rules in a game where exploiting is so easy and simple it can be done with a wooden chair or sleeping bag, and basic knowledge of how UE4 works. 

Basic knowledge of how an engine works is not something simple. Most gamers you will find don't have this information. The big cheating tribes are the minority here.

Also, my argument was purely to refute the OP's claims that Wild Card enforcement do nothing. Which is now void after posting that screenshot. I know there are injustices in the game, just like in real life. And perhaps it's true that their enforcement team is under staffed.

But call me an optimist if you wish, I feel things will get better. They have a official incident reporting system now as well as an official discord server to contact enforcement team directly if you're playing on conquest.

I believe they're trying to do the right thing, or as best as they can. And poop like this doesn't help anyone.

Just now, Jacira said:

Basic knowledge of how an engine works is not something simple. Most gamers you will find don't have this information. The big cheating tribes are the minority here

They used to be. Now they aren't.

Because allowing them to completely run amok, essentially unaddressed, has led them to be the majority. That is how cheaters usually work in any given environment. Particularly when you can literally just place a chair next to a wall, get on it, and end up inside the mesh. That isn't "Advanced engine knowledge". It's pretty basic. 

1 minute ago, Jacira said:

Also, my argument was purely to refute the OP's claims that Wild Card enforcement do nothing. Which is now void after posting that screenshot. I know there are injustices in the game, just like in real life. And perhaps it's true that their enforcement team is under staffed.

But the problem with what you're saying is that they're understaffed, have inadequate tools to do anything, and historically, have done so little that it is near indistinguishable from nothing. Sure, technically you're right, but as long as 99 of every 100 Cheating incidents go completely unaddressed, you are representing the exception. Not the rule. 

1 minute ago, Jacira said:

But call me an optimist if you wish, I feel things will get better. They have a official incident reporting system now as well as an official discord server to contact enforcement team directly if you're playing on conquest.

An official incident reporting system that can have tickets lasting months, if not literal years, if you don't play on their latest FotM servers.

Sure. Maybe life is "Nice" on Conquest servers, but why has it taken multiple years for them to provide a service this basic? Why do I get shafted for playing Official PvP and not wanting to jump servers every 3 months when they release their new fotm servers?

Don't get me wrong. I want to be optimistic. Two odd years ago, I was quite optimistic. In the interim I have been meshed. Dozens of times. Dealt with aimbotters on a weekly basis. Was here when streamers on Official Servers literally streamed themselves duping and laughing about how Wildcard won't do anything (They didn't actually do anything, that streamer still plays on the same account). I've even watched tribes who got meshed on a daily basis, put up mesh defenses (IE put up turret towers in the mesh), then get wiped by Wildcard for putting up turrets under their base, under the mesh. Not just once, or twice, but multiple times. 

I physically can't be optimistic anymore. I've spent years waiting for Wildcard to support the Official Server network adequately, and to date, they never have. They've never even appeared to have *tried* to sufficiently support the game.

It hurts to have a game have so much potential, like Ark, and watch it fail because Wildcard, for whatever reason, can't seem to manage their business out of a paper bag. Server performance is notoriously bad? Maybe stop hosting four servers off a single box. Every expansion/major content patch you release is plagued by game-ending or breaking bugs? Maybe hire some QA people. Your game is being ruined by cheaters? Maybe hire some support staff. Minimum wage positions could have fixed so much, yet here we are. Where the community has been literally frothing at the mouth for about three months over problems those same minimum wage positions could have fixed.

Frankly. I'm depressed about it. 

Archived