exploits Is exploiting game errors ok? And what should WC do?

Guest chancho33015

Guest chancho33015

On all games there are two common things that always happen. Some people cheat and some people play the game as it was intended. But should those who cheat or use exploits be punished? 

Well, i am going to play the devils advocate because I feel that some games do a mediocre job at fixing things and allow those problems to become bigger and bigger over time. To the point that EVERYONE USES THEM.

I remember finding out on legacy pve servers that if you leave dinos on water floating the babies ate less. I mean, EVERYONE USED THAT to their advantage. Took about a year before they fixed that. However, by doing that players were able to sleep...and not hand feed dinos for hours and hours...AND HOURS. Which to this point is still a ridiculous long process of sitting in front of your computer doing nothing but pressing T...while watching netflix or youtube.... until you have carpal tunnel. 

Since WC didn't fixed what they didnt know the Ark Community developed a secrecy when they found out those glitches or exploits and we kept it to ourselves to minimized the extensive grind official servers make players do. 

We (by we i mean most people in big tribes either on PVE or PVP Legacy) usually experimented with everything in order to find out a way to be able to sleep more and we found many things that to this day we still use. To this day some of those exploits are still used which WC has no idea they exist. 

They have tried to create a system in which they pay players to tell those exploits by paying them but clearly those players telling those exploits are mostly from private servers or payed hosted servers...which have only found maybe 1/2 of all the glitches official players know bout. 

Only reason we [official playes] have found those glitches or errors, or exploits is because the need to survive the grind. Desperation in the mother of ingenuity! 

Most of these exploits are not hacking on the actual game but finding errors within the map or a process which allow players to have somethings easier. I mean the dupping is one of those things that is still happening  in ark by players finding out new ways(mostly done by either Chinese or Russian on official) since they play the most but that information is then shared eventually with their entire community. 

But is not like 1% of players are clean on this mess...99% of players have used it at least one time. Yet, those are the same players that report other players...so there is an element of hypocrisy that no one talks about.

On PVP these exploits are more evident and impact the game far more than PVE!

Right now the climbing pick or the fact that people can build on the Aberration surface are not fix for PVP is crazy....but is banning those tribe fair?

I mean, if you had a child and you left the stove on and he burned his hand is it the child's fault or the parents fault? I think the answer is obvious.

Banning is not going to stop those players from playing ark on official servers. We all know that 50% of players have multiple accounts in order to cheat the game...which ark gladly allows since on person is paying multiple times for the same game with different steam accounts. 

So what is the best solution?

Well, ark has to start investing into fixing those exploits. They should probably hire a team to only focus on glitches, error, or map exploits to fix them. The longer they take the more exploits players will find. And if we are honest, anything that gives an edge on pvp or extra hours to sleep on pve are not going to be shared by the ark official community.

Banning is not a solution! Specially if they know part of the problem is that Ark developers don't care that people have multiple steam accounts in which a single player uses at the same time to cut time or allowed them to be more efficient in gathering and other things because Ark is being bought twice per player. So is not like they will tell people to stop buying ark! lol

The reality is that Ark developers have 2 options: 

1. Ban cheaters and nothing changes.

2. Fix the issues and stop from letting them turn bigger over time. 

Well, my dear Ark Developers you guys have a long ride ahead of you. This new DLC might make you or brake you. Will it still have the same exploits on PVP? Will the map have glitches to exploit that are obvious and easy? Will lingering problems still be part of the equation? I truly hope that is not the case!

My best wishes to all Ark Staff...you guys have a long way to go but i have hope that you guys will ultimately do the right thing! 

5 hours ago, stevealicious said:

Ehmm....

Would love to see you cite your source(s) for this information

Seriously you got triggered by that part?

OP:
I'm sorry you wasted this much time to write this topic. It will have no effect. The devs are the same from day 1. Countless users suggested many, many solutions for different problems, but the devs ignored them. The bug reports forum is full of threads, those are ignored as well, since most of the issues are still in the game - any many of them wouldn't take much time to fix.

Guest chancho33015
Ehmm....
Would love to see you cite your source(s) for this information
I am speaking from experience. 9k hours on this game. I think I have seen it all. But there are players who to this day find ways to make it easier. Weather they exploit errors or glitches in maps.
But i will not mention the errors people keep exploiting. That wasn't the idea.
The idea is educating those new players who are buying the game and maybe those who haven't realize what is happening in official pve and pvp.

Guest chancho33015

OP:
I'm sorry you wasted this much time to write this topic. It will have no effect. The devs are the same from day 1. Countless users suggested many, many solutions for different problems, but the devs ignored them. The bug reports forum is full of threads, those are ignored as well, since most of the issues are still in the game - any many of them wouldn't take much time to fix.
Hey, educating is never a waste of time. But informing new players is always good. That way they know the culture of the Ark Community and Ark developers.
:)

9 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

I mean the dupping is one of those things that is still happening  in ark by players finding out new ways(mostly done by either Chinese or Russian on official) since they play the most

12 minutes ago, ToXiN said:

There's this rampant underlying racism towards the Chinese and Russians in this community that I do indeed find to be bothersome. I think maybe there's a few bad players from every race but what happens is people take that and assume because they met one Chinese sausage that all are sausages. It's just disgusting and I've never seen it so bad in a community like I do in ark's. I'm not new, over 3k hours, so Ive had my fair share of bad experiences with players in game but never would I assume those idiots represented their entire race as an example of behavior.

10 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

I mean, if you had a child and you left the stove on and he burned his hand is it the child's fault or the parents fault? I think the answer is obvious.

Also, this was a really good analogy to make your point. Well put.

12 minutes ago, stevealicious said:

There's this rampant underlying racism towards the Chinese and Russians in this community that I do indeed find to be bothersome. I think maybe there's a few bad players from every race but what happens is people take that and assume because they met one Chinese sausage that all are sausages. It's just disgusting and I've never seen it so bad in a community like I do in ark's. I'm not new, over 3k hours, so Ive had my fair share of bad experiences with players in game but never would I assume those idiots represented their entire race as an example of behavior.

I have no experience with Chinese or Russian players in this game. However heard from many players Chinese tribes mesh-wiped them, using aimbots and such stuff on official servers. On youtube there are way enough videos to back up  those statements. So it's not racism, those are statistics, profiling.

Never really met Russian players in ARK, but in other games, they  are just pure cancer. That's my expereience with them.

If you have never seen such a bad community as ARK's, then you must be new to the internet and games! :D

Also, it's never the race; it's the culture.

10 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

I don't like this. We are not children. By calling us a vhildren, this can easily backfire, we - the palyers - will be referred as children whenver something comes up.
I know what you mean tho. I just don't like the reference.

Guest chancho33015

I am not going to lie and say there is no racism against the Chinese and Russians. But it doesn't help that a lot of them do certain things in both official pvp and pve.

They know most people only see squares when they write... and they take advantage of certain things due to that since most people can't communicate with them.

Blocking spawns.
Amazingly huge bases.
Blocking water pathways.
leaving Dinos around maps on wondering.

I mean the list goes on...

I am not saying they are ALL like that. However, a lot of them do that. I play on all maps (339,56,389,266,) and just those suffer from those. And that was me after moving away from other maps because they were owned by them do to pillar problems, multiple bases in the same map, or simply the maps had all their water paths block. So it isn't a lie when I say that those two groups do those kind of things.

It's gotten to the point that as soon as a [][][][] starts talking on open chat people get worried.

But I agree with you. That has caused some racism and stereotype on ark.
I have Chinese friends just to communicate with the [][][] and even with that...they never answer or they just say, "report me". Which sux. Cause I have tried to communicate but they ignore me. Or anyone who has something yo say to them.

Is it fair that people are generalizing? No.
But it isn't fair either that they get away with a lot if things that they know they shouldn't do either.

13 minutes ago, ToXiN said:

have no experience with Chinese or Russian players in this game. However heard from many players Chinese tribes mesh-wiped them, using aimbots and such stuff on official servers. On youtube there are way enough videos to back up  those statements. So it's not racism, those are statistics, profiling.

Citing YouTube doesn't qualify this as statistics. That's the equivalence of saying we have data that says Australia (random country as example) is hacking the world governments because some people on Reddit (open forum) said so.

Google the term racial profiling this is a perfect example of what your doing here.

13 minutes ago, stevealicious said:

Citing YouTube doesn't qualify this as statistics. That's the equivalence of saying we have data that says Australia (random country as example) is hacking the world governments because some people on Reddit (open forum) said so.

Google the term racial profiling this is a perfect example of what your doing here.

It's your word vs hundreds of youtube videos. The choice is obvious.

Also, I don't want to twist this thread into a PC SJW bs argument, I just had to take notice of your triggered comment. :D

25 minutes ago, stevealicious said:

I cant believe what he said about those russian and chinese.

"They play the most"

Omg how can you say such a thing, you racist!

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, ToXiN said:

many of them wouldn't take much time to fix.

This is not that easy. In the programming world there is a thing called regression testing. Something that is or seems easy to fix, might breaks entire unrelated mechanics so even the most basic fixes needs to be carefully implemented and tested. Same when you are actively adding content to the core of your project, this will breaks a lot of things that you will spend more time re-fixing than making it "works" then polishing afterword. I'm confident that once Extinction is released and for the most part stable, they will continue their bug fix passes. The fact they are collecting bug reports in a most efficient way for them by categorizing them, etc. via the new form should be encouraging for what is coming, no?

20 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

This is not that easy. In the programming world there is a thing called regression testing. Something that is or seems easy to fix, might breaks entire unrelated mechanics so even the most basic fixes needs to be carefully implemented and tested. Same when you are actively adding content to the core of your project, this will breaks a lot of things that you will spend more time re-fixing than making it "works" then polishing afterword. I'm confident that once Extinction is released and for the most part stable, they will continue their bug fix passes. The fact they are collecting bug reports in a most efficient way for them by categorizing them, etc. via the new form should be encouraging for what is coming, no?

So, almost after a whole year of the release of Aberration, they could not fix the terrible mesh issues, or the most recent uproar of the "surface bans"? The devs delayed the release date of Aberration at least two times to fix the bugs and glitches. That did not work out, Aberration was the most broken DLC (so far) at release - and still is.

I've opened a topic about "red gem" bug on Jul 6. It's still not fixed. And it's a really easy and obvious fix. Would the fix break anything? I'm not a programmer, but even I know, the answer is: no.

Watching the bug forums is the opposite of "encouraging", since the same bug reports are popping up every other day, suggesting nothing is done. And that's the sad reality.
Extinction is coming, so they are focused on that. After the release they will focus on the gamebreaking bugs in Extinction. So the current bugs will keep existsing for at least a year, more? Hell, gamebreaking bugs (climbing pick) still exist in the game, and there should be no excuse for that.

They got way enough money to work their issues out.

Guest chancho33015
So, almost after a whole year of the release of Aberration, they could not fix the terrible mesh issues, or the most recent uproar of the "surface bans"? The devs delayed the release date of Aberration at least two times to fix the bugs and glitches. That did not work out, Aberration was the most broken DLC (so far) at release - and still is.
I've opened a topic about "red gem" bug on Jul 6. It's still not fixed. And it's a really easy and obvious fix. Would the fix break anything? I'm not a programmer, but even I know, the answer is: no.

Watching the bug forums is the opposite of "encouraging", since the same bug reports are popping up every other day, suggesting nothing is done. And that's the sad reality.
Extinction is coming, so they are focused on that. After the release they will focus on the gamebreaking bugs in Extinction. So the current bugs will keep existsing for at least a year, more? Hell, gamebreaking bugs (climbing pick) still exist in the game, and there should be no excuse for that.

They got way enough money to work their issues out.
I can't agree more.

11 hours ago, ToXiN said:

It's your word vs hundreds of youtube videos. The choice is obvious.

Also, I don't want to twist this thread into a PC SJW bs argument, I just had to take notice of your triggered comment. :D

Not really, because he hasn't asserted anything. You have. You are making the assertion that most of the exploiting is done by Chinese tribes on official. Your evidence for this statement is that there are hundreds of Youtube videos. The problem is that one doesn't support the other. Hundreds of Youtube videos don't amount to anything at all. There are hundreds of Youtube videos on ghost sightings, that doesn't prove ghosts are real. 

What your evidence shows is that hundreds of videos, from unverified sources, supposedly show that some Chinese players use exploits. What it DOESN'T do is correlate that data to the overall number of players or analyze the number of exploits performed by players with a Chinese IP vs. any other IP. Making it a useless piece of evidence in the discussion. You're not wrong because of PC SJW bs, you're wrong because your argument is dumb. 

Also, I question your understanding of the word triggered, since asking for a source for a ridiculous claim is pretty standard conversation. 

11 hours ago, ToXiN said:

If you're not a programmer then you don't actually know anything about the problem at all. Segments of code are incredibly dependent on what precedes and what follows. Not only does the code matter, but where the code is in the pattern matters. Changing a particular pattern of code means it might need to be placed somewhere else in a line of code, and that line of code might need to be placed in different segment, etc. 

It is not only possible for the fix to break another aspect of the game, it is almost a certainty. Because that is how code works. And that doesn't even account for human errors in the coding process. That's just reshuffling code scripts which itself can completely destroy a game. 

Guest chancho33015

Hey ladies stop fighting. They already said on the forum that they will take a long time to fix the undermeshing issues. Cause they don't know how to fix them properly. So there is no winner here.

At the end of the day... Ark will slowly just turn into one of those games we all love but then left.

It will be the story of ark.
Gorgeous game, fun, but not worth it.

It is what it is.
Enjoy it while the burn doesn't reach the bone lol

Now love each other and stop fighting lol

Archived