community What's needed to start a community?

TeemoAD

So I've been trying for a week to get a community running in time for the expansion (Extinction) , expected to launch 6th November (supposed to, anyway). So far, not a whole lot of interested people. So I'm asking you, what are you looking for when in search for a community? An established one, or a smaller one trying to get off the ground. Discord is up, I am putting the cash down for a server, all you need to have is a will to play on a PVPVE server with 3x rates and some mods.

What am I doing wrong

Guest chancho33015
50 minutes ago, TeemoAD said:

So I've been trying for a week to get a community running in time for the expansion (Extinction) , expected to launch 6th November (supposed to, anyway). So far, not a whole lot of interested people. So I'm asking you, what are you looking for when in search for a community? An established one, or a smaller one trying to get off the ground. Discord is up, I am putting the cash down for a server, all you need to have is a will to play on a PVPVE server with 3x rates and some mods.

What am I doing wrong

First, you need a youtube channel to promote how cool that community will be!

Second, you need to as an admin twitch stream and talk about the community you want to have.

Third, you need to advertise... probably create a website, blog, facebook, or something of that kind.

Forth, you need to have at least you personal friends playing them to show that there is already some population.

And last but not least, be fair, never cheat on your maps, and learn how to deal with people in server and off server! 

4 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

First, you need a youtube channel to promote how cool that community will be!

Second, you need to as an admin twitch stream and talk about the community you want to have.

Third, you need to advertise... probably create a website, blog, facebook, or something of that kind.

Forth, you need to have at least you personal friends playing them to show that there is already some population.

And last but not least, be fair, never cheat on your maps, and learn how to deal with people in server and off server! 

You just said all server admins cheat on another post, make your mind up.

5 hours ago, TeemoAD said:

What am I doing wrong

You’re not doing anything wrong as such. I’ve started re advertising recently and it’s been incredibly slow for me. I mainly post on here and reddit but there doesn’t seem to be as much people frequenting Ark sites in general lately.

6 hours ago, TeemoAD said:

What am I doing wrong

1. An already established group of players. So yes invite your friends. But NEVER have any sort of donation reward system.

2. Have a cluster of maps. Some PvP some PvE and the ability to transfer between them.

3. Have some mods but not too many. No mods is fine as well. I prefer no mods but that is just me.

4. Have 2x-4x never anything more than that. Other wise game feels just blah.

5. Give some indication that admin abuse will never be tolerated and you can commit to in the next few years your server will not be shut down. 

If I could find a server like this. I would play it.

Guest chancho33015
53 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

You just said all server admins cheat on another post, make your mind up.

Everyone has the choice to be who they want to be... you can either make a great community and be a good admin or you can be like the rest. That decision is up to you!

You can be the first to be great XD

Have patience.  Enjoy the game more than your ambitions for the game.  If you get your vision done great but if not don't sour.  Don't sacrifice your fun for fickle people.  Also, everyone is looking for something different from the game.  You are probably looking for socialites to command. 

Myself, I need a bigger challenge than what a modded server gives.  And I'm an introvert with social anxiety disorder, a limited attention span, and antisocial tendencies.  I don't want to get cuddly snuggly up with other players.  Private server / un-official server just screams to me control freaks who want to boss me around and find out where I live irl.  Sorry, hard truth.  I just want to be left alone, esp in real life, on my pve multiplayer using all you lovely peoples as lively game props.

But I wish you the best of luck.  Note that gameplay will prob pick up in summer when students out.  Less it's an adult crowd your aiming for.

Ok I need to call out your bullpoop here. I'm an archaeologist suffering from anxiety and am medicated for it and don't feel the need to blame communities of dreaming about controling people. And why tf would I try to know where you live irl?! It's not about controling people, it's about all having the same passion and getting together during the evening on discord and having fun. Lastly, how is a PVE server challenging?! I will stay on private servers where players can be dangerous and wild dinos deal more damage. If you add extinction core on top of it, you will get the hardest challenge ark has to offer.

Archived