Community Crunch 152: Extinction Chronicles V Next Week & Developer Diary!

Jen

On 10/10/2018 at 2:11 AM, Bchoate31 said:

99% of climbing pick use is an attempt at meshing. Building while climbing has nothing to do with any issue of meshing. There would be literally 0 backlash from the PvP community with the removal of picks. The only people upset would be the people meshing, and maybe some pve players. But that’s irrelevant. The picks have 0 functionality with both picks and grapples in your hot bar. It’s a good attempt at a new utility item with poor execution, simple as that. 

So if you cut your hand, will you go and amputate your arm?

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, EnderKnight said:

It will likely be the tek giga seeing as how they only choose creatures with bionic costumes. Also for further proof all creatures that have a tek variant have been conformed to be on Extinction. furthermore, remember that one moment in the Extinction trailer with a giga... well it only makes sense

It is unlikely to be Giga, you're fooling yourself. It will likely be Trike or Quetz. I doubt it will even be Mosa.

5 hours ago, GP said:

It is unlikely to be Giga, you're fooling yourself. It will likely be Trike or Quetz. I doubt it will even be Mosa.

you could be right but if they follow the format that they have been using(carnivore,herbivore.carnivore) than  the trike is thrown out and the Quetz can be to since all tek creature were walking based. I like the idea of a tek Quetz but the patters don't support it. but only time will tell.

On 10/9/2018 at 6:11 PM, Bchoate31 said:

99% of climbing pick use is an attempt at meshing. Building while climbing has nothing to do with any issue of meshing. There would be literally 0 backlash from the PvP community with the removal of picks. The only people upset would be the people meshing, and maybe some pve players. But that’s irrelevant. The picks have 0 functionality with both picks and grapples in your hot bar. It’s a good attempt at a new utility item with poor execution, simple as that. 

Did you forget that grapples have a reload time? you can't exactly scale cliffs if you fall to your death before you reload. so yes, picks do have functionality even with grapples in your hotbar 

6 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

I doubt it would be the quetz either. they are just as rare as the giga. tek versions would be rarer then unicorns.

Like i said previously only creatures with bionic costumes have gotten a tek variant. The tek unicorn would be cool but utterly rare and hard than finding a tek giga/quetz. also that's a bit far fatched to say a unicorn more so than a giga or a quetz.

1 minute ago, EnderKnight said:

Like i said previously only creatures with bionic costumes have gotten a tek variant. The tek unicorn would be cool but utterly rare and hard than finding a tek giga/quetz. also that's a bit far fatched to say a unicorn more so than a giga or a quetz.

no i meant they would be as rare as a unicorn

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, SoullessVR said:

Should have a dino tek diferent from those that already exist on the console currently!! for example, the ptera or the ravager!!!!

They are bringing PC in line with Console tek dinos, so it makes sense the current tek dinos are ones that have skins on console already.

Honestly wildcard you are dumb. Inforce the rules get you GM's to know what's going on in the community. In Xbox you have gm being bought for 50 bucks and a sandwich. This game is turning into a joke because you won't inforce your raptoring rules. Don't need to fix meshing you need to fix the community and hold people accountable. Don't dev wipe people for protecting themselves because of your poopty game development. Dev wipe the known meshers in the community. This statement you made killed you game FYI. #newprisneeded

Edited by Justice4all

Wow, It looks like a along explanation but no solution.. So what is supposed to happen, why not let us put our own mesh defenses for now if you won't fix the problem, you won't roll back the servers for being mesh wiped, offering a pillbox as compensation for a 100 heavy turret base isn't very helpful. The only way to get rid of meshers is submitting a ticket and catching them but I've seen tickets being submitted with no answers for a while. Makes me all the more excited for BO4 xdddd

Edited by Slivka

4 hours ago, EnderKnight said:

you could be right but if they follow the format that they have been using(carnivore,herbivore.carnivore) than  the trike is thrown out and the Quetz can be to since all tek creature were walking based. I like the idea of a tek Quetz but the patters don't support it. but only time will tell.

Rex, stego, raptor, Parasaur, ? 

If it goes by your pattern trike won't be next, but a carnivore.

29 minutes ago, Justice4all said:

Honestly wildcard you are dumb. Inforce the rules get you GM's to know what's going on in the community. In Xbox you have gm being bought for 50 bucks and a sandwich. This game is turning into a joke because you won't inforce your raptoring rules. Don't need to fix meshing you need to fix the community and hold people accountable. Don't dev wipe people for protecting themselves because of your poopty game development. Dev wipe the known meshers in the community. This statement you made killed you game FYI. #newprisneeded

Asking for a friend. What kind of sandwich?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Justice4all said:

you call them dumb, but i don't see you designing the game. do you know how to fix it? cause if you do, enlighten me, how are you smarter than wildcard, how are you going to fix and run the game better than them?

Edited by destructicon54
  • Thanks 1

why don't you fix your game for a change. like if you don't have what it takes to make this game better then y'all need to sell out to someone that will. you can literally just be standing not moving around and dashboard.  fix the game.  y'all have the money to pay people for mod builds but can't even fix y'alls game.