Community Crunch 152: Extinction Chronicles V Next Week & Developer Diary!

Jen

1 hour ago, Rickus17 said:

You need to make examples of cheater tribes!  Any decent evidence at all should be automatic wipe!  I have a ridiculous amount of evidence of a tribe meshing is and zero has been done other than replacing 10 crappy tames!  The tribe is openly admitting to the mesh in global because they know you won’t do anything!  Cmon we’ve spend a lot of money on this so enforce your rules and have quick/swift/harsh penalties and maybe it’ll slow it down!   Also just get rid of climbing picks and nerf the grapples guys cmon!!

Think of what you just said from the developer view. think of how many people use the picks. think of the massive amounts of backlash that getting rid of picks will cause. getting rid of picks will only hurt the community. I agree with the harsh penalties and all but getting rid of picks isn't the solution. i'd rather just make it so that you can't build while using picks

17 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

yep, most pvp players don't use this forum. reddit and salt discord have much more action. can tell that by the many "what tek dino next?" meshing is pathetic in this game. only benefit that's come out of it is this classical hit:

Oh that was just great. LMAO. And it accurately depicts our predicament

Hi been playing since 2015. Wow great times I've had playing Ark. Thanks for doing your best to keep the experience alive for us Ark fans.

Here is my idea for a temporary fix. If I host my own server I can disable climbing pics. Why not have official servers with no climbing pics clustered without abberation.

I’m sorry, but being a player that has been here since the launch playing on official servers, the approach to fix meshing has been lazy and almost comical with the patch attempts created. The introduction of climbing picks was the start of arks official pvp downfall. They are a cool object, but essentially are reusable grapples with durability. Pretty sad you haven’t had the balls to admit that you can’t fix your own game and just remove them completely. Just one of the few major errors in this game that should have been looked into more diligently before the game was released to the public. Don’t even get me started on server stability, and the fact that “join lag” is damn near as bad as ddos. 

Which brings me to the last topic. Ddos. Cmon. You haven’t found a way to keep any average joe with access to YouTube from ddosing a server? Kind of a joke in the “security” of the game if you ask me. Looks like a real waste of $60, not including dlcs which are required to get to end game content. 

Clean it up Wildcard. You’re losing the most important and competitive players due to your laziness and inability to resolve game issues effectively. Dev wipes are more of a slap on the wrist, and only encourages people to cheat more when you take the actual hard work and countless hours away rather than fix the game. 

The funny part about all of this, is that this won’t get read by anyone in Wildcard who isn’t programmed to respond with, “We’re sorry, we are aren’t able to fix these issues at this time”  prove me wrong wildcard. Give me a logical, well reasoned response to any of the things and issues I pointed out.

Sincerely,

Ark Ps4 PVP official servers. 

Edited by Bchoate31

6 hours ago, destructicon54 said:

Think of what you just said from the developer view. think of how many people use the picks. think of the massive amounts of backlash that getting rid of picks will cause. getting rid of picks will only hurt the community. I agree with the harsh penalties and all but getting rid of picks isn't the solution. i'd rather just make it so that you can't build while using picks

99% of climbing pick use is an attempt at meshing. Building while climbing has nothing to do with any issue of meshing. There would be literally 0 backlash from the PvP community with the removal of picks. The only people upset would be the people meshing, and maybe some pve players. But that’s irrelevant. The picks have 0 functionality with both picks and grapples in your hot bar. It’s a good attempt at a new utility item with poor execution, simple as that. 

22 hours ago, y0himba said:

Or you could simply NOT undermesh, and ban those who do, wiping everything they have.

lol great solution. Don’t do it. Bad dog. 

Everyone thinks that a dev wipe stops people. But in reality it just encourages them to cheat more. Once you take everything away from them, they have nothing to lose. Go ahead and ban them. They can use an alternate account. And climbing picks. Can be made at any primitive level of tribe. Wouldn’t take long after a dev wipe before they’re back under your base.  

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, flamron said:

Maybe I read last year’s notes then?  I saw it in a tweet by Jen. Will see if I can find it again. 

Seems current???

https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=42225

So it does! I hadn't looked at the Extra Life page yet. Well rip tame cap, assuming it includes breeding too.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bchoate31 said:

99% of climbing pick use is an attempt at meshing. Building while climbing has nothing to do with any issue of meshing. There would be literally 0 backlash from the PvP community with the removal of picks. The only people upset would be the people meshing, and maybe some pve players. But that’s irrelevant. The picks have 0 functionality with both picks and grapples in your hot bar. It’s a good attempt at a new utility item with poor execution, simple as that. 

99% of pick use is CLIMBING, you know, the thing they are meant for? If 99% was used for meshing almost the entire PVP community would be made of cheaters, but it isn't. Many people use  the picks for NORMAL purposes, including me. its that 1% that use them for meshing that actually messes stuff up. Removing climbing picks would upset the 99% that use them for NORMAL purposes. so i don't even want to HEAR you saying no one would get mad.

Is there a reason why you can't just remove the land below the mesh so there is no where for people to build?  Or turn off building like you do in some of the caves and boss arena? 

People will try and mess you and if you have up a defense to protect you from getting meshed they will file are report on you and get you dev wiped.   If you can't fix meshing then at least let us protect our own bases.

On 10/9/2018 at 11:27 AM, Wizmattc said:

I’ve never understood the kill field for undermeshing. It never kills people who are trying to do it and just ends up hurting the community. Wouldn’t it make more sense for the field to upload the Dino/character or teleport it to an appropriate level. I understand those could be strenuous but the kill system just doesn’t work.

the kill field is not right under the ground it is like 400-500ft below the ground the sky Kill Field is 100ft from the Sky Barrier sides of the map are like 100ft as well which if you touch it it "Auto Destroy"s you're Character and Dino (If On one) and you permanently lose your stuff in your inventory the only map that does not seem to have a Kill Field is Aberration if you fall through the floor you will keep falling forever and there's nothing you can do about it unless your an admin of course where you can get you're self out by using fly mode or ghost mode.

Edited by AcexHellhound21
didn't specify sky and side kill field distances

On 10/9/2018 at 2:39 AM, Gravex said:

It’s gonna be a tek trike , they are using dinos that have tek skins already , the only ones left are the gigs,quetz,trike,Moss,  and most likely will be the trike since it seems like they are setting up a new kibble tree for extinction . 

I wish you could upvote a comment in here. I am totally on your page