New ways to heal large carnivorous Dinos.

HellBoyRok95

Hey guys, would it be cool, after WC finish to work on the last DLC, the implement new kind of food that allow a faster healing for carnivores once you have a high amount of crafting skill? Because we know veg cake is the best to heal herbivores, but carnivores doesn't have their own healing food. I know, the deodon has its role for healing all dinos once in the boss arena, but its so expensif to feed it once it consume all its food. What do you think?

I feel like the healing rate is alright for carnivores. Yeah, it would be nice for a carnivore-variant veggie cake, but it isn't necessary for the reasons you've given. Also, you didn't mention saddles, which is another way to help the healing.

I'm assuming you're using rex since you mentioned bosses, and I can tell you that if you use 95+ armor saddles, you usually won't need healing most of the time (unless of course your rexs don't have much health). My rexs are from the 17k Health / 585 Melee line, and when I farm gamma/beta monkey, I can farm it back-to-back for at least 15-20 rounds. For a solo player, it seems that it's more than enough just because of the fact that it takes a bit of time to farm up all of the artifacts and materials. If you need more healing for this, even a daedon or two will be more than enough.

If you're referring to single player, I would weigh a lot more in your favor for a veggy cake for carnivores. Without cheating, and on official stats, it will still be difficult to mutate rexs and farm swamp/underwater caves for a decent rex saddle bp.

So my opinion is, if PVE/PVP - meh. If single player, I can see your argument a bit more.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, MikeLoeven said:

There was a rapid recovery mod that had a really nice system of increasing the health regen rate by a set increment for every 60 seconds the creature was out of combat with the regen rate resetting any time the creature takes damage

Remember that we are on about vanilla; i e no mods. 

Archived