I would love ideas for Dinos that create resources like the snails

araptor1

There’s quite a lot of metal and obsidian available on the map. 

If you can tamean Argentavis and an Anky you can harvest quite a bit and fly it back to base. They both have buffs that allow them to carry extra of certain things, and the Anky collects way more metal and obsidian than you can using a pick.

basilo and  squid produce oil 

dung beetle produce oil and fertilizer 

archaeopteryx for sap 

the frog produce cementing paste when killing bugs ( could farm 10-17k per run in the swamp cave before the last update ) 

castoroides farm wood on wander 

doed farm stone on wander 

gigantopithecus farms fiber on wander 

moschops farms everything 

therizino can farm wood berries fiber thatch meat hide thatch black pearls chitin organic polymer rare mushrooms rare flower  

and all on wander 

On 10/8/2018 at 10:42 PM, ScreamingViolet said:

If you can tamean Argentavis and an Anky you can harvest quite a bit and fly it back to base. They both have buffs that allow them to carry extra of certain things, and the Anky collects way more metal and obsidian than you can using a pick.

I got an anky st herbivore island and the volcano. And 6 argys and a quetz tge pl r oi b is I'm still not getting much obsidian not as much as I need for poly to make some high level stuff and I got 2 snails. And I realy dont want to travel fro herbiv ore island to 4 different mountains for crystal obsidisn wnd metal. It's just a big hassle. I even stoped making guns and ammo and started using crossbows fro. My outpost crafting station. It's still not enough

On 10/9/2018 at 2:32 AM, UAEFalcon said:

basilo and  squid produce oil 

dung beetle produce oil and fertilizer 

archaeopteryx for sap 

the frog produce cementing paste when killing bugs ( could farm 10-17k per run in the swamp cave before the last update ) 

castoroides farm wood on wander 

doed farm stone on wander 

gigantopithecus farms fiber on wander 

moschops farms everything 

therizino can farm wood berries fiber thatch meat hide thatch black pearls chitin organic polymer rare mushrooms rare flower  

and all on wander 

I have all those but the castroides giga to pithicus squid and archyopteryx. I use thero fir most stuff my tree platform for sap and honey which I can make like 40 cakes a day. And I grow all my own berries and vegies. And I have 4 basilo.

49 minutes ago, araptor1 said:

I have all those but the castroides giga to pithicus squid and archyopteryx. I use thero fir most stuff my tree platform for sap and honey which I can make like 40 cakes a day. And I grow all my own berries and vegies. And I have 4 basilo.

for oil,metal,wood,stone,thatch we just use the beaver and anky with the argy 

1 player fly the argy and carry the other player on anky 

to use argy weight and speed and get advantage of weight reduction and farming rate 

for the crystal and pearls we have an ankylo in a underwater cave with a bed to fast travel 

for fiber we just leave the big foot on wandering with a collar for tracking and a 900+ armor helmet for protection 

same as the deod wandering on the volcano 

7 hours ago, araptor1 said:

I got an anky st herbivore island and the volcano. And 6 argys and a quetz tge pl r oi b is I'm still not getting much obsidian not as much as I need for poly to make some high level stuff and I got 2 snails. And I realy dont want to travel fro herbiv ore island to 4 different mountains for crystal obsidisn wnd metal. It's just a big hassle. I even stoped making guns and ammo and started using crossbows fro. My outpost crafting station. It's still not enough

I know this is not exactly what you were looking for in terms of suggestions when you originally posted, but there are a few different strategies you can use to make gathering those kinds of resources a lot easier.

i play solo so my habits may differ to those playing multiplayer. I have two major bases and one half built in redwoods, but I have at least 5 mini bases that consist of just one or two foundations, multiple forges for refining metal, a storage box and at some a smithy. They are all right in the middle of metal country with crystal outcrops. I fly there with my argy and then request my Anky(the argy can carry Anky if you’re in mp) and then go to town on the metal, collect it and whack it in the forges and move on to something else, or the next mini base. When I return iveusually got more metal than I can possibly use! 

Obsidian is slightly harder to get back to base, but not impossible. You could always add a fabricator and convert it to polymer “in the field” so to speak. This would reduce the weight from 2kg for the obsidian down to 1/2 kg for the polymer. (Kg or whatever the units of weight are in game)

Yes it can take a little while, but not too long. I usually go out once a week and get my forges pumping. I understand why this would be hard in pvp though.

i understand and what you are kinda asking for, an easy way to collect these resources via a dinosaur. With the collection rates using an ankylo so high I just can’t imagine brining in a creature who could out do that whilst set to wander. The collection rate would be pretty low I imagine in comparison.

15 hours ago, araptor1 said:

i only use hard polymer just in case there isnt enough slots in the fabricator 

other wise i use pelagronis to kill penguins to farm organic polymer then mix it with oil

in the industrial cooker to turn it to soap

it can be stacked up to 100 and it doesn't  spoil  

when i need the polymer it can be grinded in the industrial grinder 

as for the crystal i have built beds in underwater caves and ankylos in each one of them 

fast travel to each one farm crystal oil pearls then store it in a box and return to the base 

when ever i need it i use a basilo for transporting the resources out of the caves 

Imlv 77 though and the highest lv player is lv 87 we dont hsve a grinder and we r not anywere near the ice. I dont hsve a cooker ether I'm the 4th ir 5th highst lv player on the server. And a grinder still takes to much stuff to make. The only things I ever realy beed to leave my base for r obsidian crystsl metal and angler gel. I got 4 basilo and a beatle theres plenty of creatures around I can kill the snails make cp I grow more vegies I can use or even feed my creatures. Theres plenty of trees and rocks and animals that r atound my base on herb isand soo I realy only leave to tame something go in a cave help some1 or get angler gel obsidian crystsl wnd metal. 

On 10/8/2018 at 10:42 PM, ScreamingViolet said:

I know my tribe has 3 ankys 1 at the volcano 5 or 6 argys a quetz a doede a thero a beaver 4 basilo 2 snails a beatle and many more still cant get enough obsidian for poly abd I'm not making anything more than primitive lv stuff. Crystsl is a bit on an isue to as not even the highest lv player in the server can get enough even for a grinder. And metal is hard bc no place has a high enough concentration. My base is nowere near ive and 2 snails dont mske enough poly but 1 beatle makes 2 much fertilizer so what do I do. I go to the volcano the snow and 2 other mountains for crystal and obsidian and I'm always short 

On 10/11/2018 at 2:52 PM, ScreamingViolet said:

I know this is not exactly what you were looking for in terms of suggestions when you originally posted, but there are a few different strategies you can use to make gathering those kinds of resources a lot easier.

i play solo so my habits may differ to those playing multiplayer. I have two major bases and one half built in redwoods, but I have at least 5 mini bases that consist of just one or two foundations, multiple forges for refining metal, a storage box and at some a smithy. They are all right in the middle of metal country with crystal outcrops. I fly there with my argy and then request my Anky(the argy can carry Anky if you’re in mp) and then go to town on the metal, collect it and whack it in the forges and move on to something else, or the next mini base. When I return iveusually got more metal than I can possibly use! 

Obsidian is slightly harder to get back to base, but not impossible. You could always add a fabricator and convert it to polymer “in the field” so to speak. This would reduce the weight from 2kg for the obsidian down to 1/2 kg for the polymer. (Kg or whatever the units of weight are in game)

Yes it can take a little while, but not too long. I usually go out once a week and get my forges pumping. I understand why this would be hard in pvp though.

i understand and what you are kinda asking for, an easy way to collect these resources via a dinosaur. With the collection rates using an ankylo so high I just can’t imagine brining in a creature who could out do that whilst set to wander. The collection rate would be pretty low I imagine in comparison.

I'm on pve but thx

On 10/11/2018 at 11:15 PM, UAEFalcon said:

i only use hard polymer just in case there isnt enough slots in the fabricator 

other wise i use pelagronis to kill penguins to farm organic polymer then mix it with oil

in the industrial cooker to turn it to soap

it can be stacked up to 100 and it doesn't  spoil  

when i need the polymer it can be grinded in the industrial grinder 

as for the crystal i have built beds in underwater caves and ankylos in each one of them 

fast travel to each one farm crystal oil pearls then store it in a box and return to the base 

when ever i need it i use a basilo for transporting the resources out of the caves 

How many polymer got from 100 SAP?

I have the sap tree and got 20 sap for every one and if can got poly from grinding dude i don't tryed before xD

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2018 at 2:53 PM, ScreamingViolet said:

Maybe they could make anthropleuera (spelling?) use it’s acidic spit to collect obsidian and turn it into polymer when set to wander about. 

That would make it worth it.i just finished building a small.base at the blue oblisk. For obsidian. I fast travel there. Then mine the obsidian put it in a smithy and come back later for it. But it still does not help my transport problems. If they added a way to just send resources from 1  location to another that would be so much better dont u think

25 minutes ago, araptor1 said:

That would make it worth it.i just finished building a small.base at the blue oblisk. For obsidian. I fast travel there. Then mine the obsidian put it in a smithy and come back later for it. But it still does not help my transport problems. If they added a way to just send resources from 1  location to another that would be so much better dont u think

Ever heard of an argentavis?

24 minutes ago, araptor1 said:

Well there is such an item now. Its the delivery crate

Archived