Dino Colors

Z0mbie

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Z0mbie said:

Does anyone else think they should just expand the dino color palette to include all colors and just make it permanent? I really enjoy looking for awesome color combos in dinos. I'm missing the last color extravaganza already and it's only been a couple of days since it ended.

My very favorite was the easter one! Soooo many shinies, I wouldn't mind that 24/7!

I am the opposite. Members on my cluster are so tired of the crazy colors they're now prizing normal-looking dinos above the crazy ones. I like having special events like the Easter and Christmas events which spawn custom colors, but we've had insane colors for almost a year now. It would be nice to simply have normal dinos again.

1 hour ago, Xenithar said:

I am the opposite. Members on my cluster are so tired of the crazy colors they're now prizing normal-looking dinos above the crazy ones. I like having special events like the Easter and Christmas events which spawn custom colors, but we've had insane colors for almost a year now. It would be nice to simply have normal dinos again.

Well maybe they could have a setting to disable the color variations for you folks.

On 11/10/2018 at 1:04 PM, Z0mbie said:

Does anyone else think they should just expand the dino color palette to include all colors and just make it permanent? I really enjoy looking for awesome color combos in dinos. I'm missing the last color extravaganza already and it's only been a couple of days since it ended.

Not particularly i find the cool color mutation makes for an awesome breeding mechanic

Its a difficult one this and me and my tribemate both argue for different sides. I love colour muts and the event dinos allow me to get a full range of colours. 

However he doesnt like them as they are not particularly 'lifelike'. 

I think there are possibly too many versions now and take away the specialty of these once rare dino colours. Everyone has them and you no longer go 'wow' when you see a mut green for the 1000th time.

My favourite has to be Blood red and pure black as a colour scheme though.

On 11/12/2018 at 12:01 PM, Xenithar said:

I believe you just said it perfectly. When we used to find a red, black, or white dino we really were in awe. Now it's like "Oh look, ANOTHER red dino which isn't an alpha" and we move on. In other words, that which used to be rare is now common and boring.

I only hunt and tame the perfect 150 dinos though. I seriously doubt you find a perfect dino all the time in exactly the color scheme you want. I'm always finding colored dinos but 999 times out of 1000 they are never perfect and even much more rare are the ones in a color scheme I like. The coolest colored dinos I find are almost always low number dinos.

Yeah I love the event colours but it does get a bit annoying when half you stable is green and the other half is red , but on my unofficial server its calmer now I still see some event dinos , like my 3 red female rexes and my lavender wolf but I also have lots of regular coloured dinos so breeding will be interesting 

My personal favourite is my all black wyvern or the lavender wolf 

I have recently taken on a bright red Rex in my bloodline for my boss Rexes. It goes well with my Albino and bright yellow ones too :P 

Over by Blue obby on my Center map, so many tribes keep their boss Rexes waiting right by it, but they are the boring dark greens and dark red/purples. Nice rexes but the colours are boring. 

I wanted some bright colours and now that I am workig on getting 20 of the bright coloured ones to replace my boring coloured ones.... every other bugger has also done the same.

Bright colours used to be rare but now every bugger has them. I think I will try for Albino with red scales if I can ever get it right - then mine will be different.

Meh, rare colours are no longer rare :(

I just wanted to point out that there are 5 color zones on most animals and literally millions of color combinations for each dino. They are typically not all just one color so it's not like everyone has the exact same rare dino colors out there. I guess I just don't see how anyone could get bored with that. Personally I've been in god mode and changed colors to what I thought would be the coolest combos but it is surprising how random color pattern combos that the game spits out while playing can find some simply stunning combos that you never thought of or saw because the color palette is so large.

Archived