Best way to get drake eggs?

Toasterfly

On our server I have put about 5-6 Spinos that I didn’t want anymore in the trench. Another person has left 3 Reapers there also. So I grab an egg with my Drake fly down to our Dino’s and then kill off the hoard. I keep doing this until I get a few high level eggs. 

Walking Spinos down the path on follow is a pain. I would walk a few feet then stop to make sure none were stuck. I would also slow down on the turns so they don’t fly off the edge. 

Thanks for the tips. I got a 155 egg by using this plan.

Step 1: Bring spinos to drake trench.

Step 2: Steal an egg from one of the nests outside the main trench to aggro and kill the drakes, Make sure the trench is clear before you enter. I did this so I wouldn't have to abandon my spinos in the trench. 2 of my spinos jumped in anyways but they helped get the egg.

Step 3: Find a high level egg, since if you're following this plan the trench should be clear you shouldn't have to worry about drakes.

Step 4: Get back to your spinos and go home.

This was done with 4 spinos that were leveled up to have 20k health and dealt greatly varying amount of damage. The only problems I ran into was that they kept getting stuck and that 2 of them jumped into the trench. Otherwise the run went fine.

19 hours ago, Toasterfly said:

Thanks for the tips. I got a 155 egg by using this plan.

Step 1: Bring spinos to drake trench.

Step 2: Steal an egg from one of the nests outside the main trench to aggro and kill the drakes, Make sure the trench is clear before you enter. I did this so I wouldn't have to abandon my spinos in the trench. 2 of my spinos jumped in anyways but they helped get the egg.

Step 3: Find a high level egg, since if you're following this plan the trench should be clear you shouldn't have to worry about drakes.

Step 4: Get back to your spinos and go home.

This was done with 4 spinos that were leveled up to have 20k health and dealt greatly varying amount of damage. The only problems I ran into was that they kept getting stuck and that 2 of them jumped into the trench. Otherwise the run went fine.

You were quite lucky. Most of the time we went down, we thought we have killed all the drake, but another one just randomly pops out of nowhere even though they were clear of it.

I always went down (fell down the waterfall that leads from blue into purple zone) with a 100% imprinted high lvl spino. That was before the spino buff. To me it felt like the safest way, even after I got my first drake. I placed a large storage box by before mentioned waterfall in purple zone (there's no radioactivity). Went down with spino and grabbed 6 eggs, went up to box and put eggs in. Left spino there (also left a 2nd spino there in case things go wrong and I have to do a rescue mission, which I had to do a few times). Later I went to box with drake to get eggs to base.

Once when I dove down on a drake it got stuck in the big skeleton's spine. Took 15 mins to get it out. Another time when I dove down I disconnected and my drake fell through the map. From then on I used a spino. This raptoring map caused me a lot of frustration.

On 10/20/2018 at 7:31 AM, Vaculity said:

You were quite lucky. Most of the time we went down, we thought we have killed all the drake, but another one just randomly pops out of nowhere even though they were clear of it.

That's what happened to me. Fortunately I noticed it before I jumped down but when it came to me it caused two of my spinos to jump into the trench after it.

Archived