Explaination of Melee Damage Percentage increase

Shigoshi

So first, hi. Came here hoping for some answers regarding a specific thing in ARK due to some clever clogs on the wiki not exactly being crystal clear with their data and not remember presentation of information is pointless unless it means something. So thus I have been on a bit of a hunt to find what some numbers mean and if possible see if it may even be an error in some form.

I have recently decided to look into the indepth breeding side of ark and the stats all make sense until you get to melee damage because there is a massive issue with someone's dome because they decided to be one part sensible but then forgot halfway through. For this example I will be talking about scorpions because that is what I was looking into at the time and thus have some numbers for it.

So to state: My three scorpions all have 3 different growths of their melee damage stat (%) and that is perfectly normal you would say as the wiki stats that they should grow by 1.7% as all stats grow by a percentage of when the tame was tamed. Thus all 3 should have some variance to their growth by nature of being different levels and having different stats leveled while wild. The problem isn't that their growth is different from each other but actually completely different as a whole even in how much they grow. So I will present my three scorpions, named Najika, Jinaka and Kajina. These are scorpions I have grabbed purely for getting eggs and are not by any means meant to be a "min max perfect for breeding" scorpions. Another note is my non-dedicated host is currently set to what the single player settings would set the server to just without the box ticked because of spawn issues I have had (and are currently monitoring to ensure it was the cause. So far results are promising) and I have my server set to 5 for difficulty. Basically, Single Player settings with official server levels (because I ain't waiting hours for one dino to tame when it will only affect me and my friend who plays alongside me).

Kajina
002.5 = 1.48% increase to percentage

Jinaka
002.9 = 1.44% increase to percentage

Najika
002.1 = 1.09% increase to percentage

As we can see, the growth isn't what the wiki says thus I am now wondering what they number refers to if anything at all at this juncture. To note, the reason for Kajina having a third number is because I wanted to make sure the number that she increased by was the same (2.5). I am curious as to what the 1.7% refers to or if there may be a hidden factor in the equation that isn't clear to the player (myself) that others could explain. Or is this just typical ark: Deep as the ocean but built like Minos palace but on acid and one too many cups of Dodo kibble?

Archived