Scorched Earth deserve Rework

HellBoyRok95

So, now that i played this map, it's a gorgeous sand land with a high start difficulty for survivors,but i think there's missing some gameplay value in Scorcherd Earth due to the application of the desert biome on Ragnarok. I thought it would be cool to make new EXCLUSIF dinos, Weapon and structure for the map value. Because everyone attempt to get their SE's stuff in Ragnarok now these days. Something to revitalise the content of this map would be a great thing to make it worth to play, because i would like to put enough time on it in pvp, but it empty once playing Ragnarok. 

I thought the creatures that WC could be inspired are these: -ammut -3 variant sphinx: Normal, Hiearco and Crio -serpopard -Uraeus( giant cobra) and Giant Scorpion.

If they are up to make content instead fixing their game has requested ,by the community, well they might do it, but i'm not sure about it if their game "Atlas" consume their time due the amount of Dev working on many project lucrative purpose.1cf9987568359ebf7632c85ac760377f.jpg27eef4e0ea2f2feb3fe6fbadf6c4ed36.jpg9d8c58bd257102e9db98eaa7c230288f.jpgbacdec898e6aef26a6de49ed89f96af7.jpg006c1b5739c4e800f78585aa0ee4955b.jpgf62564ad27191a5dcb66508ee64823ec.jpg9eee9d8cb95da78479be0e03b2c52c07.jpg

Of course there's too many people complaining about it since Ragnarok release. We paid this content to enjoy and put many hours on it, but its more like throwing out money to the window if Rag can have the same major content from SE and the players who doesn't have SE can have free creatures from SE, free SE Engrams, Free items from SE and Free deserts biomes. It feels insulting for year one/early players who paid the devs before the free dlc that killd this content in pvp...

And plus since its imcomplete, it shouldnt be may work on it, it should be will work on it
That's why WC should start to get new programmers to be able fixing stuff, make update and adding content (depending on what content in "game suggestion" the community want the most). I won't be suprise if the next DLC would be push back 1-2 month later and they just put half of the content once more. I want this game to be successful, because i think it is (not the perfect game) the best dinosaur game to date in my opinions. No one did ever put that taming mechanic before( ok I still want improvements). But combining Dinosaurs, fantasy and sci-fi is what i ever wanted in the gaming world. It's just so sad that it is mishandled for X reasons. If Dev's don't fix their product and never improve it for the next couple months for the community, well, i guess i'll hope for another studio to make a game similar to ark but better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, raro007 said:

isnt pphoenix exclusive to se? yes you can transfer it but its only found on se right?

The one and only dinos to SE, BUUUUUUTTTT NO one use it. It's not a Good pvp Dinos saddly and i think it doesn't decrease weight on ingot metal. Also, i remember that it doesn't have a great hitbox on fire gliding.

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2018 at 6:23 PM, HellBoyRok95 said:
On 10/17/2018 at 9:13 AM, Gdude45678 said:
And plus since its imcomplete, it shouldnt be may work on it, it should be will work on it

That's why WC should start to get new programmers to be able fixing stuff, make update and adding content (depending on what content in "game suggestion" the community want the most). I won't be suprise if the next DLC would be push back 1-2 month later and they just put half of the content once more. I want this game to be successful, because i think it is (not the perfect game) the best dinosaur game to date in my opinions. No one did ever put that taming mechanic before( ok I still want improvements). But combining Dinosaurs, fantasy and sci-fi is what i ever wanted in the gaming world. It's just so sad that it is mishandled for X reasons. If Dev's don't fix their product and never improve it for the next couple months for the community, well, i guess i'll hope for another studio to make a game similar to ark but better.

From one of their community crunches they said their "team is bigger than ever" yet nothing is really improving on bugs . There is also no scorched earth server on legacy as they took them all out already , they should have left at least one ☠️

On 1/4/2019 at 8:05 PM, Soldier905 said:

From one of their community crunches they said their "team is bigger than ever" yet nothing is really improving on bugs . There is also no scorched earth server on legacy as they took them all out already , they should have left at least one ☠️

Huh? What Platform are you on? I'm on PC and there are a few SE maps on legacy.

• 3 weeks later...

or just put the dinos that were exclusive to SE back on SE and off ragnarok. most of the dinos they transplanted became useless and underwhelming because they were designed to solve SE problems. thorny was cool because we didn't have beavers or mammoths. Morellatops was cool because lack of large herbivores and it packed water since water evaporated from even canteens  Moth was cool because there were no pteras...  Ragnarok was a clear attempt to drum up excitement for the game when it was waning a bit and it just doesn't fit.   Also why my cluster only has story maps.

This is kind of a popular and also reasonable topic, so I'm going to put my stance on it. Yes, Scorched Earth should be tweaked a bit. Yes, I would agree 100 percent, Ragnarok (at least to me feels weird, since everything's just jumbled up and bin cobbled together with that map and filed to fit, I kinda have a love hate relation with it.) 
The phoenix, while being exclusive to SE has soooo many drawbacks that makes it almost worthless to obtain.
Scorched Earth needing more actual EXCLUSIVE creatures, is a must.
A quadrupedal dragon similar to the one found in ATLAS would be a great touch and wouldn't hurt to add, since it's model is nice looking and the animations on it are pretty solid as well, just tweak the stats a bit to fit in better with ARK, but not be too good or worse, not be good enough. Oh, and speaking of models, Scorched Earth dinos should get some TLC, at the very least, just models and animations. Like the wyvern, it needs to look a bit better, though it's not like it's model right now is bad or anything. I guess you could say the same about the other creatures. I could mention others but that's just what came to the top of my head.
The TEK wyvern saddle is a must and needs to be added. In fact, wyverns should have a saddle in general, if not just for looks or provides minimal protection.
The guy saying Scorched Earth has had it's glory stripped away by Ragnarok is 100 percent correct.
One last thing I'll throw in is the world border (or the visqueen as some refer to it as) along the edge of the map shouldn't be so jagged and should be much more smooth. This would take a minimal amount of effort to implement and would prevent people from losing their stuff by flying too fast into the border (I learned this the hard way with a Managarmr.)
As for everything else, like ambient sounds, these are fine, and are currently very fitting, and shouldn't be changed because it would be an unnecessary and useless change, but the official soundtrack is somewhat lackluster and should probably be changed or have tracks added.
Oh, and if any of this, even small changes were to happen, it would help lighten up this aging DLC by soooooooooo much.

Archived