Will we ever see the Dodorex/Dodowyvern again?

SaltyMonkey

The dodwyvern was awesome, it spawned three times close to or on our base. offline protection wasn't a thing, the fear was real. 

We only had to deal with the adds that came down to our pen and killed our Paracer.. The dodowyvern itself was busy hunting wild scorpions. 

And the decorations around the map, the fog, the pumpkins, the music, it was fun. Really hope we will have something to fear this time again... And not stray bats and snakes, that's just annoying. 

4 hours ago, Weiss said:

Awwww fear evolved with the dodowyvern was the best event ever, and I didn't get to see the dodorex at that time :((

Were you playing exclusively on Scorched Earth at the time? I had one hell of an admin duty clearing up the mess the Dodorex caused spawning in people’s bases (before ORP).

5 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Were you playing exclusively on Scorched Earth at the time? I had one hell of an admin duty clearing up the mess the Dodorex caused spawning in people’s bases (before ORP).

Yes, we started out on SE.

The adds killed a few of our dinos because we didn't have a closed pen (RIP grill Paracer). the dodowyvern itself got stuck on cliffs, our behe gate, or decided to hunt wildlife every time it soawned close, instead of attacking us fortunately. 

5 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I had one hell of an admin duty clearing up the mess the Dodorex caused spawning in people’s bases (before ORP).

The Fear was real before ORP. Fun times. It was a long week or two of logging on to expect the worst during the event. 

1 hour ago, GP said:

Shame. ?

I just want to go hunt the dodorex again :( or even the dodowyvern for the first time.

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

The Fear was real before ORP. Fun times. It was a long week or two of logging on to expect the worst during the event. 

I just want to go hunt the dodorex again :( or even the dodowyvern for the first time.

The fear was real when there was a combination of both the Dodorex and Thanksgiving Turkeys the following month ? 

We were using Fear Evolved and the Dodorexs/Zombie wyverns spawned as they should, but they are soooooo powerful. After working out the spawn rates for the dodorex our community ended up voting them out in replacement for a Halloween mod that has alot of really cool decorations.

Last night i built a Halloween alter and spiced up my base with some awesome decorations, even found one that will sing when someone goes past it (put those in a few places outside my gates).

The players are loving it. I did enjoy the dodorex, but the last ark update messed up almost everything else in fear evolved mod, but thankfully we found a really awesome replacement that has brought us alot of fun.

29 minutes ago, shadowkyuubi said:

I believe that the dodorex and dodowyvern might be minions in the boss fights on extinction 

27 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

I'd hate to see how powerful the actual boss is then. The DodoRex/Wyvern are still the hardest fights I've done in Ark.

It’s already been confirmed earlier on this thread that the Dodorex won’t be making an appearance in Extinction. There was never a mention of the Dodowyvern so it’s best to assume it shares the same fate.

To be honest I’m glad they went with that decision. New content should bring new enemies/bosses, but I’d still like to see a return of both in the future, be it an event or a more permanent spawn on a new (sponsored?) map.

Fear evolved on SE was the best event ever. I remember when it spawned, people where screaming in global chat ‘Find it!!’ And when we did, the entire server joined the battle as 1 team. There was like 20 wyverns in the air, some brought Argys since they did not have a wyvern yet. 

It was a real show to see ☺️

Miss that.

Archived