How to Deal with Disruptive, Rude and Filthy-Mouthed Players on the Server

Rakkasan

Ok. I'm looking for some input here.

I've seen a bit of a string of bad players on our server lately. I'm referring to the kind of people who are very rude ( I mean very rude) to others, intentionally use filthy language (pushing past normal boundaries of "w. t. f." and the like) or make in-your-face sexual comments. Last night there was someone on global chat asking who wanted to lick a certain anatomical part.

Suffice to say I for one am not inclined to let this be. Global chat should be a place where all players can participate in  a healthy game environment, free from the kind of garbage I've been seeing of late. I've confronted some and have, thankfully, seen them calm down and straighten up, sometimes even apologizing. Others have dared me to report them. ( I have. They're gone.) Others, when confronted, have clammed up and maybe even left.

I am not Superman. I am not the Server Police. I do not like conflict and I most certainly do not like reporting people. But I am not about to let folks just run amok and act how they want, making others miserable.

Some might say, "Just disable global chat." That seems like surrender to me. "Well I guess the foul-mouthed children can have global. I'll just block it and hope people can find a way to contact me." No. Nope. Forget it. Ain't happening.

I don't know. Just trying to find a happy medium maybe? Maybe just venting. Maybe just wanting to see if others have this problem and how they deal with it.

Oh. And if you're advice is anything along the lines of, "Quit your whining," "What's wrong with cussing and sexual innuendo," etc., then please, save yourself time and, I promise, misery. Don't bother answering on this post. I'm opening this discussion up to adults. Yeah. I said that.

Thanks.

- Rakkasan

Screenshot_20181003-193256_ARK Survival Evolved names grayed out.jpg

1 minute ago, HavelockVetinari said:

I fully agree with you. Foul abusive language should never be tolerated.  

Could it just be he meant to say kick instead of lick? As in “who wants to kick some posterior?”  Or was this the first in a string of lewd comments? 

Definitely not about kicking anything. The word was not referring to one's posterior.

Archived