Shoulder Mounts

ScreamingViolet

Do you guys carry a tame with you on your shoulder? What’s your favourite companion?

Despite playing the game for months I still haven’t tamed myself a little companion to carry around on my shoulder, so I’m just wondering what everyone else does. Should I be taming one? If so what species? And are there any tips or tricks to getting the most out of a shoulder mount?

another thing I’ve not really used is shields. Do you guys use shields? Do they offer enough protection to warrant how heavy and cumbersome they appear to be. 

It doesn’t matter to me what platform or game mode you play, but I play solo or ark mobile.

GBut can he do anything about the throngs of Dimorphs attacking me after one of them got between me and a Bronto I’m taking down and accidentally took a minor hit lol.

i really hate when that happens, I can barely see them half the time. Only realising I’ve hit one when I’ve got all of its relatives beating me up.

Do you get hit by a mob of them if you’re trying to tame one? 

The friends are the reason I don’t like taming things like dire wolves and allosauruses 

2 hours ago, ScreamingViolet said:

GBut can he do anything about the throngs of Dimorphs attacking me after one of them got between me and a Bronto I’m taking down and accidentally took a minor hit lol.

i really hate when that happens, I can barely see them half the time. Only realising I’ve hit one when I’ve got all of its relatives beating me up.

Do you get hit by a mob of them if you’re trying to tame one? 

The friends are the reason I don’t like taming things like dire wolves and allosauruses 

use argys or a quetz to carry pack dinos to a taming trap,pen 

i use a monkeys as shoulder mount 

the great thing about these little suckers is that you can put helmets on their head

i use a mining helmet on them to light the path while farming or scouting at night 

they throw poop on raged dinos to slow them down allowing you to run away 

they also scream when you get near a dangerous wild dinos 

also unlocking doors of otherplayers bases if you managed to put them inside the player base 

works as a back pack too if you have some heavy items on you like extra ammo or whatever they can reduce the weight  , great tame overall. 

Shoulder mounts? Hmmm.

As soon as the devs add this dino I'm going to tame one and carry it on my shoulder.

Everywhere! :)

Come to think of it, they could just add the weapon itself! Oh yeah!

Or. Hey! What if they add the weapon, I tame a monkey, he carries the mingun, and sits on my shoulder!?!?!? The mere sight would send Gigas running in terror!

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Archived