Grinding/ Leveling on dinos

JuicyPineappl3

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Using explorer note buffs is one way... Crafting things whilst sitting on them with a lystrosaurus buff is another.

I'd be on your therizino, crafting things, killing things with a pack of raptors and a rex as backup, they aren't that weak.

Depends on the settings really. If your able to kill unclaimed baby dinos, you can hatch up some high level dinos and kill them with the dino you want to level up, high level rexs or the like would be good. For example I leveled up a jerboa by having it murder a baby giga on one of my previous servers. 

Therizino is kind of easy - a decent one is a serious killing machine - just kill alphas or deathworms (depending on the map), ankys - well I level my bred ones by killing rexes, but they have 8K health & 430 damage on hatch, so it's pretty easy. Obviously if you're solo/single player you can't use the grinder, so it's basically killing stuff or using them  - killing babies should work too depending on your settings.

- Stay logged in the game 24/7 (if on single player) to passively gain experience for both you and your dino.

- Kill alpha dinosaurs for decent chunks of experience. Loot an explorer note while on your dino to gain experience and grant both you and your dino a 2x experience buff for a period of time. If you kill alphas while under this buff, you will gain 2x more experience which is very good.

- If you can't kill alphas with your targeted dino, use another one to bloody the alpha. Then take your anky/theri to finish it off. Whatever gets the kill gets the experience.

- If you have the means, knock out/bloody up a titan and finish it up with your dinos. This is probably not effective as it's incredibly slow, but still possible.

- I'm not sure if this has been changed yet but you can make narcotics with mortar and pestle/chem bench while sitting on your dino, and the dino will get experience. If you couple this with other exp-giving crafts like using wood/stone in a grinder, the combined experience gained will make your dino level up really fast. My tribe mate would sit on a dino while i filled up the chem bench/grinder, and both he and the dino would get experience. *Use an explorer note on the dino so it gains 2x more.

- While slow, actually harvesting with your dino will give it experience. Anky = farm metal/obsidian/crystal. Theri = right click to get a bunch of fiber, then start smashing trees to get wood and thatch. While you deforest an area, transfer fiber/thatch/wood into your inventory and craft wood foundations/pillars/etc on the side. This will get you some experience as well as get you building materials all while you level up your theri.

- Look at a youtube video/wiki to see which dinos give the most experience, and keep an eye out for those specifically while you're out on your dino.

- Keep a lystro nearby and while you go about your errands, keep petting the lystro whenever available. Lystros give an experience boost to nearby tames.

- Feed your dino golden hespy eggs when you do any of the above. It gives an exp boost like an explorer note.

Archived