Titanoboa taming

aia

I was trying to tame a Titanoboa with fertilized eggs. Took me a while to get enough eggs for the feat and I failed. I have not tried taming one again since.

The most likely problem I encountered is that I had it in a pen and it got aggroed by me or the wall itself. If it is aggroed, it will not work. I have seen a few videos on this subject and seems that for taming a Titanoboa the best practice is to do it in open area where it is, to which point I am only going back to it once I have several fertilized giga eggs. No point trying sooner with such a hassle.

Cheers! 

14 hours ago, Martellus said:

I was trying to tame a Titanoboa with fertilized eggs. Took me a while to get enough eggs for the feat and I failed. I have not tried taming one again since.

The most likely problem I encountered is that I had it in a pen and it got aggroed by me or the wall itself. If it is aggroed, it will not work. I have seen a few videos on this subject and seems that for taming a Titanoboa the best practice is to do it in open area where it is, to which point I am only going back to it once I have several fertilized giga eggs. No point trying sooner with such a hassle.

Cheers! 

Does it only eat fertilized giga eggs? Not any other fertilized eggs? ? omyy.. but yes im not really in a fuzz to tame one its just that one of my ally encountered the same when he tried to tame one, we are on Helena server pve/ medium

5 hours ago, aia said:

Does it only eat fertilized giga eggs? Not any other fertilized eggs? ? omyy.. but yes im not really in a fuzz to tame one its just that one of my ally encountered the same when he tried to tame one, we are on Helena server pve/ medium

Not, they take other eggs as well, but they all must be fertilized eggs. I only mentioned the giga eggs because its their equivalent of a "kibble", so it goes faster. ;) 

6 hours ago, aia said:

Got a sneaky suspicion here. Is this on Ark Mobile ? What is a 'Helena server pve/medium' ? 

Titanoboa will not eat any nearby fertilized egg if there is something that it will aggro on or if its not hungry enough to take a bite on, especially if its a herbivore that is a literal territorial kind (Unlike Basilisk, which will prioritize eating fertile rock drake eggs over attacking if its hungry enough while unburrowed).

Any fertilized egg will do, just like what someone here mentioned, Giga Eggs are nearly an instant tame kind of deal as "kibble".

Riding on a creature that Titanoboa will ignore will make this rather safe, like Karkinos, Wyvern, Paracer and Chalico or any giant creature that it won't bother on you. Just make sure you drop it from your inventory and not the creature you are riding on.

Archived