Just how dumb is wildcard?

JeanII

You have got to be kidding me that you banned one of the most popular youtubers of your game for having built in a spot on the surface of abb. GTjack3d has played something like 10k hours of this game and never once been a cheater and this is his reward for being great for your community and giving you god knows how much free advertising? 

This is got to be one of the single dumbest things you've done. and that's saying a lot for someone who's been around from the beginning because that list is long. 

This is not an area that was intended for building? well who's fault is that? Was there a sign or something there saying that? Are your players mind readers? 

When rag added that puzzle cave it was also not intended for building yet you didn't code it that way which is 100% YOUR FAULT. Yet when you did the same thing on rag you gave people warning to move and didn't ban anyone..why is this any different? 

Seriously i can't believe that you guys think selective enforcement of the rules is a smart thing to do. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More people need to express that they feel it was an abortion of a move to make.. i have signed the petition on HODs video, if you dont know HOD made a video showing how to mesh and also a made petition to help get it fixed. 

Its ludicrous that WC wiped them with no warning. The people built in rag cave got fair warning, people built on world border with cliff platforms got fair warning..  Like what retard was the brains behind the decision to wipe a popular youtubers base, who advertises and popularizes their game without even so much as a private message to him. Not only that but how hard was it for them to actually fix!? Seriously WC you are running your game into the ground, never fixing the issues that you just ignore and then shoot yourself in the foot by wiping people not even in the mesh but a place that is allowed to build...

Yeah what a joke this is. Wildcard are by far the worst devs from any game I have ever gotten into.

How are people supposed to know you are not allowed to build in certain locations? Your complete incompetence to fix meshing is forcing people to find spots like this that cant be meshed and instead they get dev wiped. 
Ab has been out for a long time now and this still wasn't fixed.
Why were they not given time to move?

12 minutes ago, Baklap said:

Just stupid.

These guys put in 1000's of hours into the game and then they get wiped for building in a spot, that isnt meanth to be build in, but all you have to do is climb up there and start building.

I know right. Here's your climbing picks and cliff platforms. Good luck guessing where you aren't supported to put them...

Yeah - how could they have known that building in the middle of a large no-perma-build area at an overlooked spot would be considered an exploit just cause it gave an advantage over other tribes.
Next they will start to wipe entire tribes just because they built under the mesh in some spots of their bases cause the game didn't prevent them from doing that also...

On one hand it's good that they are not showing preferential treatment to certain people when it comes to the rules.

On the other hand, if it wasn't stated or public knowledge that this was against the rules then wiping everyone without warning them first or giving other options to them (a warning date so that they may move etc) is probably the single dumbest move they've done regardless of who the victims are; famous YouTubers or not. 

8 hours ago, JeanII said:

When rag added that puzzle cave it was also not intended for building yet you didn't code it that way which is 100% YOUR FAULT. Yet when you did the same thing on rag you gave people warning to move and didn't ban anyone..why is this any different? 

Seriously i can't believe that you guys think selective enforcement of the rules is a smart thing to do. 

Image result for he's right you know meme

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Also, this thread will be deleted and warnings given out in 3....2....1....

1 hour ago, Campi said:

Yeah - how could they have known that building in the middle of a large no-perma-build area at an overlooked spot would be considered an exploit just cause it gave an advantage over other tribes.
Next they will start to wipe entire tribes just because they built under the mesh in some spots of their bases cause the game didn't prevent them from doing that also...

Problem being that the build zones weren't in the middle of a no-perma-build area at an overlooked spot.

Essentially how it worked was any area above about half way between the ground and the ceiling of the map didn't burn. There's no actual way to tell if that's intentional or not for a variety of reasons. There were hundreds. Thousands. Of buildable spots on the surface. Some on the actual ground. Some up above on rocks. The possibilities for platforms being quite unlimited.

As for how they would have known, you might want to ask Wildcard that. faj8m52xupp11.png

While I don't necessarily think that trash talking Wildcard on their Official Forums, a venue notorious for its censorship on any negative subject, is going to do much. May as well keep it super civil. Don't need to give anyone any extra reasons to do something unreasonable. 

It should be noted however, objectively, this was handled badly. 

1 minute ago, Demerus said:

christianmingle

?

To be honest, I just wanted to post that little gem showing Wildcard literally giving someone the go ahead to build in a spot they later dev wiped someone for building in. As for spreading it to other social media, yeah. I don't think I need to do that. Reddit is already working itself into a frenzy over it. 

1 minute ago, iAmE said:

?

To be honest, I just wanted to post that little gem showing Wildcard literally giving someone the go ahead to build in a spot they later dev wiped someone for building in. As for spreading it to other social media, yeah. I don't think I need to do that. Reddit is already working itself into a frenzy over it. 

Don't forget tinder, they must know to swipe left!

11 minutes ago, Demerus said:

Take these comments to other social media (Reddit, twitter, tinder, instagram, snapchat, flickr, vine, myspace, facebook, jdate, plentyoffish, christianmingle, eharmony, etc. Your arguments are falling on deaf ears and blind eyes here.

This is a public moderated official forum and posts like this do not last long, always remember that.

@JeanII

@iAmE

@Koder

@Campi

@Aylana314159

@Baklap

@Jamage007

@DXPE13

Stop being so butthurt lolol

32 minutes ago, Demerus said:

Take these comments to other social media (Reddit, twitter, tinder, instagram, snapchat, flickr, vine, myspace, facebook, jdate, plentyoffish, christianmingle, eharmony, etc. Your arguments are falling on deaf ears and blind eyes here.

This is a public moderated official forum and posts like this do not last long, always remember that.

@JeanII

@iAmE

@Koder

@Campi

@Aylana314159

@Baklap

@Jamage007

@DXPE13

I don't really care if WC ruins their chances for future customers with bad PR.

I moved away from official servers long ago. I have my private solo LAN server with mods and settings that interest me.

I just feel sorry for official players and console players.

20 minutes ago, iAmE said:

https://www.change.org/p/wildcard-get-rid-of-the-climbing-pick?signed=true

This is also deserves to be here for obligatory reasons. 

This better only be for PvP or Official PvP even, petition is very sparse on the details. I would hate to see climbing picks be removed especially on PvE. How does one grab a rock drake out a nest without already having a rock drake for example.

6 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

This better only be for PvP or Official PvP even, petition is very sparse on the details. I would hate to see climbing picks be removed especially on PvE. How does one grab a rock drake out a nest without already having a rock drake for example.

Remove climbing pick? Nice bandaid fix right? hahaha

1 minute ago, AngrySaltire said:

I always used a Reaper personally. Went from Mega->Reaper->Drake->Basi.

That being said, you could probably use a crab as well. Ravagers would work if you had another dino to clear the trench and just used the Ravager for movement. I've also seen videos of people pilfering them with just gliders and high movement speed.

I'm fairly sure it would be for PvP only If they're really into doing something smart, they'd re-enable grappling hooks after disabling Climbing Picks on PvP servers.

Personally I'm more interested in knowing what Wildcard thinks of this whole incident. This is far from the first time they've specifically given permission to people to build somewhere, only to dev wipe them shortly after. I'm hoping that this time, since they managed to wipe one of their most popular and successful content creators, and forced the other one to release a video detailing how to mesh, that they at least clean up their CoC to the point that they know what's in it. 

3 hours ago, Demerus said:

Remove climbing pick? Nice bandaid fix right? hahaha

My thoughts exactly. Whats next ? Seem silly if you ask me Lol

3 hours ago, iAmE said:

I always used a Reaper personally. Went from Mega->Reaper->Drake->Basi.

That being said, you could probably use a crab as well. Ravagers would work if you had another dino to clear the trench and just used the Ravager for movement. I've also seen videos of people pilfering them with just gliders and high movement speed.

I'm fairly sure it would be for PvP only If they're really into doing something smart, they'd re-enable grappling hooks after disabling Climbing Picks on PvP servers.

Personally I'm more interested in knowing what Wildcard thinks of this whole incident. This is far from the first time they've specifically given permission to people to build somewhere, only to dev wipe them shortly after. I'm hoping that this time, since they managed to wipe one of their most popular and successful content creators, and forced the other one to release a video detailing how to mesh, that they at least clean up their CoC to the point that they know what's in it. 

I guess thats viable. I have never tamed a reaper although I am hoping to do it evetually. Personally I use Spinos and megalos to get to nests and use picks to ascend to the nest. Would hate to use crabs and ravagers. 

Personally I love the picks, great for all kinds of stuff even including building in hard to reach places, such as putting ceilings on top of a high wall. I would hate to see the picks removed completly in PvE because of an issue on PvP, although I really doubt the petition will change anything. Reabling grappling hooks would be nice though lol

I would kind off be interested in an official response too but am not really interested in getting bogged down in a topic that hopefully doesnt concern me, I really cant voice an opinion on official PvP matters. I usually avoid topics like this, I just wanted to throw in my PvE voice just in case. Am glad I play unofficial though lol.

Archived