Just how dumb is wildcard?

JeanII

Just now, Chronosphere said:

guys, if you know what you are doing ingame on purpose and ut is against the rules why u cry after u get caught right handed?  are u  seriously this dumb?  i mean yes he played 10 k hours from hes own will, doesnt make them own him anything. he chose to slave away hes 10 k hours.. i stopped after 1k hours like a smart one. not like a dumb slave like him  that get banned for abusing ingame something?

The point is that the situation wasn't considered against the rules for the last year. No one knew. The game mechanics allowed it. It wasn't under the mesh. It wasn't  explicitly against the rules.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Aylana314159 said:

The point is that the situation wasn't considered against the rules for the last year. No one knew. The game mechanics allowed it. It wasn't under the mesh. It wasn't  explicitly against the rules.

nobody knew that going below the surface is indended? how dumb are u?  xD 1 year ago ish someone got shot from underground inside a cave and he uploaded it to youtube, getting rocketed from underground... nobody knew?

14 minutes ago, Chronosphere said:

guys, if you know what you are doing ingame on purpose and ut is against the rules why u cry after u get caught right handed?  are u  seriously this dumb?  i mean yes he played 10 k hours from hes own will, doesnt make them own him anything. he chose to slave away hes 10 k hours.. i stopped after 1k hours like a smart one. not like a dumb slave like him  that get banned for abusing ingame something?

There were never rules against it. It wasn't a mesh or glitch spot. They programmed the flames to only reach so high, they programmed the surface so structures aren't destroyed above a certain height, they programmed it to allow structures to be built on the surface. What about all of that says you're not supposed to build that?

• Volunteer Moderator

nobody knew that going below the surface is indended? how dumb are u?  xD 1 year ago ish someone got shot from underground inside a cave and he uploaded it to youtube, getting rocketed from underground... nobody knew?

You have returned after 6 months absence and all i've seen from you today is calling people dumb and commenting on things that you have no idea what you are talking about as you have no idea what has happened. Even the post you responded to was not talking about under the mesh yet you are talking about under the mesh.

You may want to actually read the topics you are posting in and get a full understanding of what has happened and what people are talking about before coming in with your size 13's calling people dumb when it is in fact you that are not making sense.

10 minutes ago, Chronosphere said:

Why would you even post if you quit playing?  I think you’re a closet Ark’er. ;)

18 minutes ago, Chronosphere said:

Why are you start attacking other users suddenly? Everyone is just discussing this issue in general, and you go personal.
Why are you so insecure? It sounds like a personal issue is bubbling to the surface.

The very same guy we mention in this topic (GTJack3d) Uploaded a few vidoes a year ago, being meshed under the world. In his recent video he told us why he built there, because they kept undermeshed on Aberration, and by building up on the surface, cheaters couldn't undermesh them.

13 minutes ago, Chronosphere said:

28 minutes ago, GP said:

You have returned after 6 months absence and all i've seen from you today is calling people dumb and commenting on things that you have no idea what you are talking about as you have no idea what has happened. Even the post you responded to was not talking about under the mesh yet you are talking about under the mesh.

You may want to actually read the topics you are posting in and get a full understanding of what has happened and what people are talking about before coming in with your size 13's calling people dumb when it is in fact you that are not making sense.

well being full wiped i assume they where doing something not lawful right? i mean ark wouldnt waste someone time and ban a guy  if he wasnt bad boi or? is he legit innocent and this isnt hes friend talking about or cryingabout being wiped with no warnings?  mb dude.. i dont sit on forums all  day  

• Volunteer Moderator

well being full wiped i assume they where doing something not lawful right? i mean ark wouldnt waste someone time and ban a guy  if he wasnt bad boi or? is he legit innocent and this isnt hes friend talking about or cryingabout being wiped with no warnings?  mb dude.. i dont sit on forums all  day  

It's not about whether you sit on the forums all day or not, it's about you chiming in on a topic you have zero knowledge on and calling people dumb. This incident doesn't even involve under the mesh or any bans. Like I said, try reading the topic first.

19 hours ago, iAmE said:

No. The point isn't surprise, or shock anymore. It's just that every so often you have to vent about it, in places that might affect change, to retain your insanity and convince yourself that Wildcard cares and can change. 

Otherwise you're left with the cold reality that they either don't care, or can't afford to. Meanwhile I lost another character just transferring between servers losing all the tek engrams, levels and hundreds of imprints representing thousands of hours of work. A problem that has existed for two years now. 

Yeah Venting is good even if some can't handle reading it.

8 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

I've been banned like 6 times for talking about being banned lol. *hides*

And the clock starts...  :P

Policy shifts and changes internal to WildCard, we have no way of knowing.  But what do we know?  Undermeshing a titanic unraidable base in PvP ARK is damn near part of the PvP meta now.  It is all but accepted by the bigger tribes who are in alpha-battles with each other, but is still in the crosshairs of the dev team...  That much, we know.  So then a new "exploit" rolls out and gains publicity, in this case, a darn-near unraidable base above the destruct-zone on the surface.  No, many are correct:  It is not explicitly stated that building isn't allowed on the surface but we can all agree that it is...  let's say DISCOURAGED (ya know, because fire destroys everything including Tek Shields and structures).  It was not explicitly stated that people can't break under the mesh and build a base, but people are doing it for the purpose of gaining an unfair advantage over others.  So on a PvP server, what reason besides gaining an unfair advantage over others would one have to build in a nearly unraidable location?

Maybe this is what WildCard Enforcement saw?  It is low-hanging fruit, whereas the rest of the undermeshing issues (huge map redesigns, kill-zones, etc) are a bit further up the tree.  Maybe they saw yet another place people will take advantage of to upset the balance of competition in PvP, this one requiring absolutely no trickery to exploit (and possibly, in their eyes, will be even more widely abused) and knee-jerked to get rid of it.

I don't know.  Some of Jacked's stuff was fun to watch, RIP dude.

20 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

From this thread, I was under the impression it was him and anyone that was in his tribe. Either way, it's still weird they did what they did without a formal warning. 

I pretty sure he said in the video that lots of tribes were wiped. I could be remembering what I watched wrong.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

I pretty sure he said in the video that lots of tribes were wiped. I could be remembering what I watched wrong.

Nope you are correct and he even posted the in game conversation that he had with the GM that wiped him. It was bland and uncaring. It almost seemed like he knew that the action was to far but didn't care

18 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

no but u assume going under mesh is gameplay right?  gj wasting them hour bro not sorry for anyone who meshing xD

• Volunteer Moderator
34 minutes ago, Chronosphere said:

no but u assume going under mesh is gameplay right?  gj wasting them hour bro not sorry for anyone who meshing xD

Why are you continuing to go on about meshing when this incident has nothing to do with meshing? You'd think with your current unemployed status that you'd have the time to read.

Archived