Just how dumb is wildcard?

JeanII

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Who cares? If you believe building on the surface was legit ... its clearly an unintended mechanic.

Edit: Im more commententing 'who cares' about the streamer being banned - I realize the non transparency issue here but cmon.. cleary arent meant to build there like world barrier walls & cliff plats 

If it's so clear, then why does Wildcard itself have employees saying it's perfectly fine in support?

In reality. It's far from clear. In any regard. You go to the surface. You see you can build. You look for areas that are not literally on fire during the day. You then build there. There is no reason to believe that you aren't intended to build up there. If you weren't intended to build there, they would have made the firebox reflect that. Or just disabled building there all together. The only real way to know it wasn't intended was to read and listen to several developer interview where they mention the surface in such a way. The biggest problem, however, is the fact that while they knew about the location/problem since week two of the expac (Which they did, it was all over reddit, discords (Including test) and youtube), they did nothing about it for months.

Personally, their inaction on the matter, and that support picture I linked earlier in the thread where they specifically said it was OK, is far more evidence to me (Personally) that it was fine, then a few developer mentions that don't even specifically address the subject. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, AzDaemon said:

Here's a little business tip. When your foot traffic for your store is decreasing, you DO NOT arbitrarily kick customers out for a new dress code you told no one about. If this is business vision then it was extremely short sighted

Also, how is this an "unintended glitch"? There is no glitch and he just used the buildings that he was given. Someone programmed those flames only to reach so high and the programming allowed structures to be built on the surface or going up to the surface. These facts alone mean that this enforcement is selective and is all due to mechanics that they put in the game and control

Sound cold, but you are a customer that is leaving the store, they already took the money from you...

They are investing the money into customer that will get into the store with the new DLC... with money in their hands...

This send a message to them "we band anyone" doesnt matter who you are, look to Mr. Disrepect on PUBG, he got banned for friendly fire a random guy, Is free publicity, and there is nothing such a bad publicity, is Publicity... pariot.

2 minutes ago, SpCowboy said:

Sound cold, but you are a customer that is leaving the store, they already took the money from you...

They are investing the money into customer that will get into the store with the new DLC... with money in their hands...

So the hope is, the people you just chased away don't serve as a warning to future customers? Lmao that's some wishful thinking but whatever helps I guess

25 minutes ago, iAmE said:

If it's so clear, then why does Wildcard itself have employees saying it's perfectly fine in support?

In reality. It's far from clear. In any regard. You go to the surface. You see you can build. You look for areas that are not literally on fire during the day. You then build there. There is no reason to believe that you aren't intended to build up there. If you weren't intended to build there, they would have made the firebox reflect that. Or just disabled building there all together. The only real way to know it wasn't intended was to read and listen to several developer interview where they mention the surface in such a way. The biggest problem, however, is the fact that while they knew about the location/problem since week two of the expac (Which they did, it was all over reddit, discords (Including test) and youtube), they did nothing about it for months.

Personally, their inaction on the matter, and that support picture I linked earlier in the thread where they specifically said it was OK, is far more evidence to me (Personally) that it was fine, then a few developer mentions that don't even specifically address the subject. 

We all know the "internal policies" (mandate the GMs follow) changes day by day.

I have also compared my friend's ticket replies with different GM actions on them to be hugely inconsistent. It really depends which GM you get and how busy/stressed they are that day from what I have noticed.

Its just sad all of a sudden almost 1 year after Aberration's release this incident is such a problem to them.

5 minutes ago, SpCowboy said:

Yeah, but in this case the customer they physically tossed out as they were leaving the store was a TV crew that religiously advertised their store. 

Sure. They're trying get new customers by working on new DLC, but you actively harm yourself in that venture by alienating one of your largest advertisers and portions of your playerbase. There are likely going to people for whom this incident is a tipping point, and they won't be buying from Wildcard in the future, and even more that will take incidents like these (This is simply one in a long line of Wildcard's PR disasters), into account, when choosing whether or not to buy from Wildcard in the future. 

2 minutes ago, Demerus said:

We all know the "internal policies" (mandate the GMs follow) changes day by day.

Its just sad all of a sudden almost 1 year after Aberration's release this incident is such a problem to them.

https://prnt.sc/hj9e1y

I have a picture for that one too!

How can you expect players to follow rules you arbitrarily make up, that change frequently, that you aren't even allowed to reveal or discuss. Even the CoC is vague to the point of meaninglessness. It's literally a list of actions, none of which apply to  the Ab surface building, and then catch-all phrases that literally mean "Everything and anything you do is against the rules when we decide it is". 

13 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Are people really surprised? They have been making. bad decisions for over a year, arguablly the entire time.

No. The point isn't surprise, or shock anymore. It's just that every so often you have to vent about it, in places that might affect change, to retain your insanity and convince yourself that Wildcard cares and can change. 

Otherwise you're left with the cold reality that they either don't care, or can't afford to. Meanwhile I lost another character just transferring between servers losing all the tek engrams, levels and hundreds of imprints representing thousands of hours of work. A problem that has existed for two years now. 

Dev wiping people without giving a warning lol, pathetic. It says in you code of conduct that you are not allowed to build in spots that are not intended to be built in but if you saw people were built on the surface in ab and that wasn't allowed you think you would give them a warning since that would be the most logical thing to do right? Apparently to wildcard no. instead of dev wiping innocent people you should fix undermapping and Ban and dev wipe meshers instead of giving them warning. Arks player base is dieing for a reason And the "development team" is only making it worse. Good day to all that read this.

I dont give two raptors or dilos about some youtuber. (Get a real job boi)

But i 100% agree that wc is using their resources very very wrong. Every week i encounter problems in this game that when i google for fixes I see ppl in 2016 having the same problems without it being fixed or even adressed by wc.

Hands down the worst game support ever.

The build spot was clearly unintended so you can’t argue it was ok to build just because you had the capability to do so, as the burning mechanics would normally destroy everything.

So, while the devs could have handled this better by wiping the area and outlining that this spot was against the rules until they patched it, the only reason I can think of why the devs chose to ban was due to the user amplifying the unintended build spot to the playerbase instead of reporting it to the devs. A sausage move for both parties.

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

this spot was against the rules until they patched it

Bish, they had over a year to fix this issue.
Aberration is just a big bug/glitch-fest, they even delayed the release date of Aberration at least 2-3 times to fix most of the existing bugs (according to the white knights). Guess what, in the first two days gamebreaking bugs and incredible mesh issues appeared. Which would be understandable, if they wouldn't still exist in the game!! I wonder what did the devs do after releasing Aberration, because only minor glitches were fixed in a year. ? ??

I love how the devs always let TEA and other mega tribes run free after finding out the mass dupings, but they wiped one of their supporters who didn't hurt anyone.

I posted about this yesterday and I didn't even use the word "ban" once in my post. Then my post got deleted and I received a warning from a moderator for discussing a ban. All I really said was that the devs should fix their game instead of punishing their player base for their own mistakes. So yeah... constructive criticism isn't allowed apparently. ?

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

The build spot was clearly unintended so you can’t argue it was ok to build just because you had the capability to do so, as the burning mechanics would normally destroy everything.

So, while the devs could have handled this better by wiping the area and outlining that this spot was against the rules until they patched it, the only reason I can think of why the devs chose to ban was due to the user amplifying the unintended build spot to the playerbase instead of reporting it to the devs. A sausage move for both parties.

Unintended because they weren’t smart enough to make the kill zone all the way to the map border on the surface?  It’s not under mesh, which is 100% not intended. They gave us cliff platforms that attach to stuff up in the air. If it’s green (and not under mesh), it’s intended.

Show me where in the code of conduct that it’s clearly written with XYZ coords for spots we aren’t allowed to build...

36 minutes ago, flamron said:

Unintended because they weren’t smart enough to make the kill zone all the way to the map border on the surface?  It’s not under mesh, which is 100% not intended. They gave us cliff platforms that attach to stuff up in the air. If it’s green (and not under mesh), it’s intended.

Show me where in the code of conduct that it’s clearly written with XYZ coords for spots we aren’t allowed to build...

The surface is supposed to destroy all structures, so if you find a loophole then you should report it instead of taking advantage of that spot. How difficult is that to comprehend?

I don’t agree with the actions from the devs but that doesn’t negate the tribes in question from trying to exploit the game mechanics.

Edit: The title of this topic should be changed to, “How dumb are these tribes trying to outsmart the devs.”

17 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

The surface is supposed to destroy all structures, so if you find a loophole then you should report it instead of taking advantage of that spot. How difficult is that to comprehend?

You would think after a year without being fixed everyone just considers it intended. I am guessing probably every single server had a base, outpost, teleporter, random structure here.

It's  more players trying to find spots that cannot be undermeshed.

19 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

The surface is supposed to destroy all structures,

Up to that location. How am I supposed to know that where they code the end of the destructive flames isn't an intended mechanic? The coded the kill zone for the flames, they coded for how high those flames go, they coded for you to build on the surface. So the fact they made the flames only go so high isn't an unintended spot. They very much intended for their destructive flames to reach only so high and chose, at a later date, that they didn't want that. This was 100% on their intended building mechanics and their sloppiness

guys, if you know what you are doing ingame on purpose and ut is against the rules why u cry after u get caught right handed?  are u  seriously this dumb?  i mean yes he played 10 k hours from hes own will, doesnt make them own him anything. he chose to slave away hes 10 k hours.. i stopped after 1k hours like a smart one. not like a dumb slave like him  that get banned for abusing ingame something?

Archived