Just how dumb is wildcard?

JeanII

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

My thoughts exactly. Whats next ? Seem silly if you ask me Lol

I guess thats viable. I have never tamed a reaper although I am hoping to do it evetually. Personally I use Spinos and megalos to get to nests and use picks to ascend to the nest. Would hate to use crabs and ravagers. 

Personally I love the picks, great for all kinds of stuff even including building in hard to reach places, such as putting ceilings on top of a high wall. I would hate to see the picks removed completly in PvE because of an issue on PvP, although I really doubt the petition will change anything. Reabling climbing picks would be nice though lol

I would kind off be interested in an official response too but am not really interested in getting bogged down in a topic that hopefully doesnt concern me, I really cant voice an opinion on official PvP matters. I usually avoid topics like this, I just wanted to throw in my PvE voice just in case. Am glad I play unofficial though lol.

Perhaps they could restrict climbing picks to abberation only, as they server no unique purpose on any other map besides meshing.

12 minutes ago, danjocon said:

Perhaps they could restrict climbing picks to abberation only, as they server no unique purpose on any other map besides meshing.

Again a good idea but please only on PvP. I do use picks on other maps, not as much as on Aberration but still useful all the same. I always have a set on my character on Ragnarok for example.

15 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Again a good idea but please only on PvP. I do use picks on other maps, not as much as on Aberration but still useful all the same. I always have a set on my character on Ragnarok for example.

It wouldn’t surprise me if WC did a blanket change without creating an ini file. Don’t get me wrong, they have created plenty of settings to counter a change made on official but since the flyer nerf ini never happened, I do often question how long it would take for future nerf overrides.

5 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if WC did a blanket change without creating an ini file. Don’t get me wrong, they have created plenty of settings to counter a change made on official but since the flyer nerf ini never happened, I do often question how long it would take for future nerf overrides.

I hear you there, this is what worries me as well. The petitions gives the impression of just asking for a blanket removal, for a petition its pretty rubbish. No information at all, are they calling for the complete removal of the picks from the game or just from official PvP servers ? 

IMO it would be better to fix the issue rather than band aiding removing an engram. Not that I would have an idea where to start mind you.

How is it an entire tribe can get wiped for building in an area, where there were no indicators they were not supposed to build there, but there is an entire alliance on Xbox who have been posting videos for month of tribes, servers, and dates show casing their meshing.

There was a YTer who meshed my tribe, my friends, and my allies and he posted the proof on YT. He meshed tribes FOR MONTHS and posted videos and commentary of himself doing it. I report him for months and nothing is done. It wasn't until he said the Dev's wouldn't do anything because they were friends that something was finally done.

Jack gets banned because they, all of a sudden, decided their broken game has no build spots that aren't clearly indicated

4 hours ago, Jacira said:

On one hand it's good that they are not showing preferential treatment to certain people when it comes to the rules.

On the other hand, if it wasn't stated or public knowledge that this was against the rules then wiping everyone without warning them first or giving other options to them (a warning date so that they may move etc) is probably the single dumbest move they've done regardless of who the victims are; famous YouTubers or not. 

Except they do give preferential treatment. Remember the one time amnesty they gave to the mega tribes? Doesn’t matter what the reason was. They were still given preferential treatment and that will never be forgotten. I have never seen a more corrupt company since Enron 

35 minutes ago, mafdet said:

Except they do give preferential treatment. Remember the one time amnesty they gave to the mega tribes? Doesn’t matter what the reason was. They were still given preferential treatment and that will never be forgotten. I have never seen a more corrupt company since Enron 

I wouldn't call that preferential treatment since that is exactly the kind of treatment that is being called for in this very thread. Firstly make a statement on it, warn people. The ones that don't listen get banned. It was right then, should have been the same now.

17 minutes ago, Jacira said:

I wouldn't call that preferential treatment since that is exactly the kind of treatment that is being called for in this very thread. Firstly make a statement on it, warn people. The ones that don't listen get banned. It was right then, should have been the same now.

Except that someone got banned without warning which automatically makes what they did before preferential treatment.

too late now. They are hypocrites that give preferential treatment 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, mafdet said:

Except that someone got banned without warning which automatically makes what they did before preferential treatment.

too late now. They are hypocrites that give preferential treatment 

Just to clear this up, no-one got banned. Let's not spread Chinese whispers as they cause more harm than good.

1 hour ago, GP said:

Just to clear this up, no-one got banned. Let's not spread Chinese whispers as they cause more harm than good.

No, they just got Dev wiped because they weren't psychic enough to know they're not supposed to build where they are allowed to. One does have to wonder why Jack had a target on his back because the meshers that get reported who post videos on YT aren't dev wiped as quick. In fact, the last one took me 3 months of reporting and him posting weekly videos. So, I wonder why Jack was targeted for selective enforcement

4 hours ago, Demerus said:

Remove climbing pick? Nice bandaid fix right? hahaha

If you introduce a new item that break the game that way, is better remove it and work on it or just never brint it back, is causing more damage that benefits on PVP.

Look at fornite and the shadow stones, those guy are really fast detecting things that harm the community, and they are a free to download game.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Who cares? If you believe building on the surface was legit ... its clearly an unintended mechanic.

Edit: Im more commententing 'who cares' about the streamer being banned - I realize the non transparency issue here but cmon.. cleary arent meant to build there like world barrier walls & cliff plats 

How is it unintended? Who, prior to this, said it was? You can build in the water, on mountains, inside caves but finding a spot on the surface is wrong? I had elevators going up to the surface so I could do element runs because I found the sweet spot where the flames didn't hit. So, was that unintended as well? I used cliff platforms to extend a base on the surface making it almost impossible to ground raid. So, is that unintended?

20 minutes ago, AzDaemon said:

No, they just got Dev wiped because they weren't psychic enough to know they're not supposed to build where they are allowed to. One does have to wonder why Jack had a target on his back because the meshers that get reported who post videos on YT aren't dev wiped as quick. In fact, the last one took me 3 months of reporting and him posting weekly videos. So, I wonder why Jack was targeted for selective enforcement

Because  HE IS A VISSIBLE TARGET!!! this was planned to send a message to all the community, is more easy to pay 2 hrs of work to a GM than pay 1 month of coding to a Developer fixing the suface glitch.... Simple business vision little padawan.. business vision....

2 minutes ago, SpCowboy said:

Because  HE IS A VISSIBLE TARGET!!! this was planned to send a message to all the community, is more easy to pay 2 hrs of work to a GM than pay 1 month of coding to a Developer fixing the suface glitch.... Simple business vision little padawan.. business vision....

Really. Make a bad PR and business decision when there population is declining rapidly.

5 minutes ago, SpCowboy said:

Because is HE IS A VISSIBLE TARGET!!! this is sending a message to all the comunity, is more easy to pay 2 hrs of work to a GM than pay 1 month of coding to a Developer fixing the suface glitch.... Simple business vision little padawan.. business vision....

Here's a little business tip. When your foot traffic for your store is decreasing, you DO NOT arbitrarily kick customers out for a new dress code you told no one about. If this is business vision then it was extremely short sighted

Also, how is this an "unintended glitch"? There is no glitch and he just used the buildings that he was given. Someone programmed those flames only to reach so high and the programming allowed structures to be built on the surface or going up to the surface. These facts alone mean that this enforcement is selective and is all due to mechanics that they put in the game and control

1 minute ago, AzDaemon said:

Here's a little business tip. When your foot traffic for your store is decreasing, you DO NOT arbitrarily kick customers out for a new dress code you told no one about. If this is business vision then it was extremely short sighted

It doesn't matter if people bought the DLC Season Pass already.

Image result for think meme

2 minutes ago, AzDaemon said:

Completely agree. Compare Ark player averages on steam (don't know how to get Xbox or ps4 stats) to the views on the dev wipe video. More people watched that video than are playing Ark right now.

This could effect current player retention, possible purchases, and future game purchases. This all effect future earning power for WC.

7 minutes ago, AzDaemon said:

True but that's still short sighted if they ever plan to release something again

people will still buy their next full release no matter what.

A lot of players will learn their lesson and think twice before jumping on the bandwagon again though.

It will probably look something like this in the end:

Image result for trump coronation crowd

Just now, Demerus said:

people will still buy their next full release no matter what.

A lot of players will learn their lesson and think twice before jumping on the bandwagon though.

I don't know about this. Lots of people post their big goodbye messages, doubt any of them would be repeat buyers.

Most new players to official servers are turned off by either tame cap and pillars on PvE and griefing/cheating on PvP.

Archived