Community Crunch 151: Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????

Jen

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????

large.dosstorn.jpg

What an intriguing discovery survivors, can you guess what this creature is?

???

Mod Community Updates!

The ARK Modding Contest submission period ends in 5 days. Make sure to get your entries in before the end of the day on October 5th! After that, we'll begin the voting phase which will last for two weeks, so get your communities ready to vote on their favorite mods.

Enter the contest here!

I also have a new tutorial prepared for you today. We need to cover bitmasks before we start dealing with custom structures. After this we'll be moving on to a new project that builds on some of the concepts from our Dino Shrine mod, so look forward to the Virtual Sentry Mod that will be the focus of coming tutorials.

PS4 (EU) Sale!

large.summerEUPS4.jpg

ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Explorer's Edition

ARK: Season Pass

ARK: Scorched Earth

ARK: Aberration

Fanart of the Week!

large.ark__camp__commission_by_scutal-dc

Beautiful camp scene by ScutalTheLizard.

ARK: Evolution Event!

large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

Survivors across ALL Platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 5th of October at 1 PM EST until Monday the 8th of October at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

2x Harvesting Rates
2x Taming Rates
2x EXP Rates

That's it for this post guys! As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

View full article

Just now, TinyHippo said:

>An entire immune system response devoted to termites

What if someone slips into the holes in between all the vine things in it?

XD, that would be one unlucky person. it looks like the inside of that thing is made of tek. i'm looking at the other picture of the ent and sure enough, his face and certain parts of him glow. even the tree is there.

Just now, destructicon54 said:

XD, that would be one unlucky person. it looks like the inside of that thing is made of tek. i'm looking at the other picture of the ent and sure enough, his face and certain parts of him glow. even the tree is there.

Yea but lets say you wedged yourself into those holes on purpose and just sat there and shot at its face while it was helpless to stop you because its hands are too big XD
Or maybe the vines can also move and they'd just squish you like a bug instantly. I prefer the first version.

But yea, this guy has the blue glow too.

Seriously though, just imagine living with something sticking out of your back. You wouldn't even be able to sit in a chair

2 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

isn't a mecha like a suit with a cockpit and big guns? I think it will be more of an exo-suit

A mech is basically like a big suit you get into, not necessarily with guns, although guns typically make it better.

Exo suits, to my knowledge, are smaller things that you'd wear like clothes or armor, as opposed to a big robot that you get in.

1 minute ago, TinyHippo said:

A mech is basically like a big suit you get into, not necessarily with guns, although guns typically make it better.

Exo suits, to my knowledge, are smaller things that you'd wear like clothes or armor, as opposed to a big robot that you get in.

It could be a mech, but i've never seen a completely human shaped mech with a head and hands 

16 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Ever heard of the cartoon exo squad? Ya yer debunked.