Megalosaurus questions.

Rakkasan

Good morning folks.

I got my first Megalosaurus over the weekend! (Thank you Bit!) She is awesome, although I misjudged the timing the first night out and nearly got us both killed when she got groggy and then went to sleep. Lol.

So I have one of her attacks, the grab, down fine, but I noticed there is something else. When I double tap on one side of my screen she roars. Could someone please tell me what that does, if anything?

Thanks!

- Rakkasan 

Screenshot_20181001-081157_ARK Survival Evolved.jpg

Screenshot_20181001-081217_ARK Survival Evolved.jpg

Awww. That’s so bloody adorable!! ?

Ive got no clue with the mega as I’ve not come across one as yet. However with the therizino (big nasty chicken) it has its main attack - right side of screen for me, as well as a second one - swiping upwards on the top of left side. That’s what it uses to “tickle” out a ton of fibre from plants.

its really funny when you realise this nasty, ravenous, murderous Jurassic chicken has been slaughtering you via tickling you, albeit with fingernails made of razors. lol

5 hours ago, ScreamingViolet said:

Awww. That’s so bloody adorable!! ?

Ive got no clue with the mega as I’ve not come across one as yet. However with the therizino (big nasty chicken) it has its main attack - right side of screen for me, as well as a second one - swiping upwards on the top of left side. That’s what it uses to “tickle” out a ton of fibre from plants.

its really funny when you realise this nasty, ravenous, murderous Jurassic chicken has been slaughtering you via tickling you, albeit with fingernails made of razors. lol

Yeah. Love my Theri, Grace O'Malley.  So delicate and sweet. So lethal and murderous.  Yep. She's a woman. ??

So I'm still wondering about what the other alt attack for the Megalosaurus does. I managed to find one poorly written article on a website (for console Ark) that says you can roar, but says nothing about what the roar does.

It also said that the Megalosaurus doesn't draw aggro at night. Weeeel I tested that and can tell you all, most definitively, it does not work. Lol.

Either way this dino is still magnificent even if only for its rarity and uniqueness. Of course it simply does rock at night and the roar, the glowing eyes...

One of my tribe mates didn't want to take mine out for a spin at night and I think it was because the dino scares here. Lol.

So this is kind of a "bump." Anyone out there know any more about this wonderful creature?

Thanks.

- Rakkasan (ROCK uh sahn)

I don't think it actually does anything - some creatures have roars that are just cosmetic, like the giga. However, for PC at least the mega can chew prey that it already has in its jaws - maybe this is the empty-jawed version of that? 

Slightly off-topic, but where did you find your mega? My tribe has been searching through the Lower South and Central caves for AGES and haven't seen hide or tail of them. They seem even rarer on mobile than they are on PC.

3 minutes ago, Blackwolf47 said:

I don't think it actually does anything - some creatures have roars that are just cosmetic, like the giga. However, for PC at least the mega can chew prey that it already has in its jaws - maybe this is the empty-jawed version of that? 

Slightly off-topic, but where did you find your mega? My tribe has been searching through the Lower South and Central caves for AGES and haven't seen hide or tail of them. They seem even rarer on mobile than they are on PC.

Yes the Mega can grab and chew prey in mobile too. Just like the Kaprosuchus. :)

I didn't find it. A friend traded it to me. She found it, I believe, in the cave by the volcano. I think that is the only place, or 1 of only 2 places, you can find it.

On 10/3/2018 at 5:44 AM, Rakkasan said:

So I'm still wondering about what the other alt attack for the Megalosaurus does. I managed to find one poorly written article on a website (for console Ark) that says you can roar, but says nothing about what the roar does.

It also said that the Megalosaurus doesn't draw aggro at night. Weeeel I tested that and can tell you all, most definitively, it does not work. Lol.

Either way this dino is still magnificent even if only for its rarity and uniqueness. Of course it simply does rock at night and the roar, the glowing eyes...

One of my tribe mates didn't want to take mine out for a spin at night and I think it was because the dino scares here. Lol.

So this is kind of a "bump." Anyone out there know any more about this wonderful creature?

Thanks.

- Rakkasan (ROCK uh sahn)

You might get more info if you put a post in the main section of the forums where people playing on consoles and pc can see it. 

The info might not all be relevant as there are a lot of differences between platforms, but general info regarding things like this, what does a megalosaurus’ second attack do, should be similar if not the same. The ways to access the second attack will be different, but what it actually is should be the same... if that makes sense.

have you looked in the wiki?

well im gonna tell you a glitch about the mega's roar, you can un agro the creatures you attacked. thats the specialty about it. if you plan to level up your mega in the night, its roar is the best way to fight off huge level dinos. but im not really sure if it can un agro even more dangerous predators. i've already tested on bronto and rex, and it worked just fine.

9 hours ago, ScreamingViolet said:

You might get more info if you put a post in the main section of the forums where people playing on consoles and pc can see it. 

The info might not all be relevant as there are a lot of differences between platforms, but general info regarding things like this, what does a megalosaurus’ second attack do, should be similar if not the same. The ways to access the second attack will be different, but what it actually is should be the same... if that makes sense.

have you looked in the wiki?

I did check the wiki, the official one, and didnt see it. Might have missed it though.

5 hours ago, MrUnknown13 said:

well im gonna tell you a glitch about the mega's roar, you can un agro the creatures you attacked. thats the specialty about it. if you plan to level up your mega in the night, its roar is the best way to fight off huge level dinos. but im not really sure if it can un agro even more dangerous predators. i've already tested on bronto and rex, and it worked just fine.

Thank you. I'll try that and see.

Archived