Guest chancho33015

Guest chancho33015

So after this last updates ark makes changes that they dont mentioned to anyone...like putting multiple alpha megalodons level 200+ up to 280 and alpha mosas in water caves all in the same area of the artifact. Not to mention adding like 2x the amount of sharks, mantas, and pretty much every dino inside the brute cave on the island...it is unfair to not mention this changes in game...specially in official where it takes 2 weeks to grow a freaking whale or a dam squid.

I am angry...a bit. yes...it is obvious. I did lose my squid and a whale. I thought ok...if the squid sux because after an update he cannot attack after stamina goes to 0...which they never mention in any update...a whale doesnt get stuck with anything and i mean, it was 30k 500 melee...decent stats...i should be ok. BUT NO! First...kill alpha mosa inside the cave...then on Artifact of the brute location 2 freaking 200+ alpha SHARKS...i was like..ok this should be ok...NOOOOOOOOOO...it was not ok. I got close... and FREAKING LEVEL 280+... so i ran with my whale...SHARKS follow me outside the cave...where i literally had to bring my wyven to kill it cause it ate me on the shore. -_- 

Took me like 5 minutes with an electric wyvern with 600 melee...not to mention i hit is like for 5 minutes with my whale (basi) and it never got bloody -_- 

So..DEAR ARK...please mention this changes...dont be like that!

This was in an official server... here is some proof.
AE687007475546622EBDAA875C8AE850DE6E3518

THis is what makes me hate Ark sometimes...when things are not said...very much when they desided that it would be funner to make Alpha broodmother only killable with megatheriums...

Makes me wonder about the DLC...is it going to be properly balanced from the beggining or are they just going to play with the settings for a month till they get them right...

This is not a Beta or Alpha anymore...remember that Ark developers. We payed money!

48 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

Makes me wonder about the DLC...is it going to be properly balanced from the beggining or are they just going to play with the settings for a month till they get them right...

This is not a Beta or Alpha anymore...remember that Ark developers. We payed money!

Rhetorical question? Extinction will be the same old unbalanced gimmicks that they will tweak 2 or 3 times and call it complete. Agreed that we paid money and deserved/deserve better but they don't really care. 

I have seen level 200+ alpha mosas in there on many occasions, as well as high level alpha megalodons. That isn't new. The only time they're spawning though is when people are not running it as often. So it would seem you caught it at a time when things actually had time to respawn regularly in there. =/ Sorry dude.

Guest chancho33015
No its not.

Dunno about the mosas in the cave but the megalodons has a random chance to spawn as alphas. You were just really unlucky. 

Took me 20 minutes clicking ...until it died...DILO lol

Seriously, 3rd one today lol

I hope no one sees it lol

Don't wish that monster to my worst enemy laugh.png

Also, only survived this time because it got stuck...so I was able to kill it with my sarco lol

Sarco stats at the moment ate 500 melee and 10k leveled up...not bad.

But 20 minutes clicking is insane lol

On 9/30/2018 at 11:33 AM, DarkSoul996 said:

They are uncommon in there but this is 100% not a new thing. Alpha mosas and megalodons have always spawned in there.

They, actually, haven't. 

Alpha Megas in the East cave, and Mosa spawns, in general, were added months after the caves were released. What likely happened here is that the person (Or server) had never cleared the cave before, as creatures don't despawn unless tamed. So the OP went in there and cleared it, and on the next respawn, all these dinos spawned in with the new spawn tables.

At least, that's the only explanation I could think of. They have been spawning in there for months. 

Guest chancho33015
They, actually, haven't. 
Alpha Megas in the East cave, and Mosa spawns, in general, were added months after the caves were released. What likely happened here is that the person (Or server) had never cleared the cave before, as creatures don't despawn unless tamed. So the OP went in there and cleared it, and on the next respawn, all these dinos spawned in with the new spawn tables.
At least, that's the only explanation I could think of. They have been spawning in there for months. 
Bro, I have been cleaning that cave in official pve for 2 months... only 3rd time ever seen those alpha.
This is pve 339 official island.
I wonder if other server experience this weird things too. Where maybe it takes a long time to activate alpha spawns out of a server error or something. But no joke, after 2 or 3 months playing in this server and farming that cave daily...1st time artifact of the brute cave is packed with spawns and always 2 sharks alpha 200+ and 1 alpha mosa between 200 and 300 :o

Just now, chancho33015 said:

Bro, I have been cleaning that cave in official pve for 2 months... only 3rd time ever seen those alpha.
This is pve 339 official island.
I wonder if other server experience this weird things too. Where maybe it takes a long time to activate alpha spawns out of a server error or something. But no joke, after 2 or 3 months playing in this server and farming that cave daily...1st time artifact of the brute cave is packed with spawns and always 2 sharks alpha 200+ and 1 alpha mosa between 200 and 300 :o

i play exclusively underwater and have cleared those caves dozens of times daily for months, owing to both Artifacts, Blueprints and the XP for leveling newborn squid/mosas. They've always spawned there. I don't think it's possible to clear the caves daily on an Official Server and not have seen spawns like that. I see them multiple times daily. 

water caves are far to easy. they need squids and alpha squids in both caves and easy cave needs to have bats.
and the passive problem with mosa needs to be solved as well as the respawning.

i can take a basilo leveled in speed only and it still can take on mateboosted sharks. so boring. they could do with a upgrade. maybe double hp and melee for the alpha sharks to make it more interesting.

Archived