Do you have dinos that you don't want other players to have?

AdligerAdler

Because they're your favorites and it took too much time and effort to get them? 

I don't sell my high lvl gigantopithecuses, not even their offspring, because I had to search for a long time until I got a 140+ male and 140+ female. To tame one of them I had to move stuff to Ragnarok.

Same with my high lvl baryonyxs. It was a pain to get them. Eventually I bought one of them from someone on the internet. Now I bred like 7, but you won't see me selling one of them or even an egg.

I invested a lot of time and you get them in 1 minute for just few thousand ingots or something? Not worth it to me even for 10k. 

Those are my precious little diamonds. They have a big personal value to me. Not just because I invested much time, also because those belong to my favorite Ark creatures.

So someone tames a 140 m/f then just need to purchase (possibly with ingots) the same breed one you purchased and boom, they got the same thing anyway, instead of you getting profit the same person gets profit. okay, i am not interested but idk seemed a little silly, they are special but i purchased one from someone and you can't have it now let me rub it in your faces neeh, neeh. idk that is how i read it.

Yes, a few.

My thyla, (red/red/white) that took ages to get the colors and stats right. I bought all three color zones from different traders (before color events were a thing), bred them for the right combo, and got stats from another trader. I've sold the colors and stats seperately, but I won't sell the "finished" product.

Then there's a event griffin, three event wyverns, and our event phoenix that I'd never sell (or clones of them).

Also working on my personal yuty, but since I don't hatch eggs of them without breeding event this will take a while. 

Well, it's best to spread the bloodline accross the servers, so they can make better bloodline that you buy to make better bloodline...

If you close your bloodline, it is like discovering electricity and keep it to yourself because you worked hard for it. So your peers has to rediscover electricity and invent the lightbulb that they both keep to themselves so that their peers have to rediscover them to work foward. 

People like you drag the community down! I throw bloodline away in unlocked chests on random servers to spread the bloodlines, for the greater good. 

I take pride in knowing that the stats/color I bred gets upgraded further and will be circulating well after I'm gone. 

:Jerbhi:

I'll trade off just about anything I did the work on but I typically try to be 2 mutes ahead before I do. It still gives me a bit of the edge on the competition, if you will. I don't buy a lot of other dino's so typically sell for stuff I am currently to lazy to grind myself. Lol. I mean there's nothing saying you have to trade your dino's and you'll never get back in resources what you can grind yourself with the time invested in the dino's but some people just like to have people want their stuff enough, a feeling of validation if you will, that they'll dedicate some of their game time to getting what you want for it. Neither is right or wrong.

Archived