Ark Server's Need Fixing

ixicore

So today i have seen Wildcard are releasing 36 new servers for PVP server new mode 'Conquest'.

Although most of the PVE servers are at tame cap and you player count is going down due to this problem not being resolved because Wildcard are mainly focused on there PVP part of the game although they dont show as much attention to PVE as they should.

Here is a few souloutions (1 open new PVE servers, 2 Increase player cap along with Dino cap on servers and upgrade the computers that run the servers 3 dont just concentrate on PVP servers)

- Servers have a maximum player count of 100.
- There will be 36 servers in total on the Conquest cluster

So 36 more servers with a total of 3600 player slots are being released for .... PVP although most of there official servers are PVP but NO wilcard need more PVP servers so people can buy there game.

Over all there are 134 ARK official PVE servers and 405 Ark officail PVP server does that sound like a fair balance to you? Also when you go on to ark>Serverlist>gamemodePVP there are 20+ PVP servers with 0/70 players?!!

@Jen please sort this out 

I agree they certainly need to do something with the pve servers constant server tame caps and sometimes mass overcapps of server causing many to just leave why cant they bring more pve servers and specially to OC as all the oc server are capped or near cap at the moment.Clearly is loads of player base for pve so one has to ask is it because they cant afford the extra servers or cant be bothered with pve.

Any new PvE servers would just be capped incredibly fast.

PvE needs some mechanic to remove dinos. Base attacking dinos, age, disease have all been suggested.

As long as PvE servers have no threats once you have a base, they will remain tame capped.

The dino breeding SIM needs to be turned back into a survival game.

Maybe some kind of dynamic events and threats. Remove raid protection from PvE or just add PvP.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

PvE needs some mechanic to remove dinos. Base attacking dinos, age, disease have all been suggested.

As long as PvE servers have no threats once you have a base, they will remain tame capped.

I'd say that they need to solve fundamental problem of "1-man tribe full 500 dino limit" first before implementing half arsed solutions that will be cheesed or bypassed by players in no time anyway.

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

The game wasn't designed for PvP. WC could convert all PvE servers to PvPvE with time windows for PvP...this would quickly solve the pillar and tame cap problem.

tbh i hope they do that, watch everyone playing the game in pve go elsewhere idk just me, and i don't mean unofficial i mean a new game. plz do that.

Implement tame cap according to dino sizes.  IE dodo count as small and only X can be tamed and so on.  That way players who want to run boss fights can transfer rexes cross ark servers to run them.  Or make all bosses available in a central arena somewhere.  Its hard on Rag servers for sure.  Or delete all the box tribes and all servers will be under cap and all pillars will be gone instantly.

On 9/30/2018 at 7:27 AM, Aylana314159 said:

The dino breeding SIM needs to be turned back into a survival game.

Maybe some kind of dynamic events and threats. Remove raid protection from PvE or just add PvP.

I honestly hated when they added orp to pve. Long gone are the days when you had to build a base to keep out wilds and kited dinos. Instead of building turrets and ammo they took to the forums to tell their unjust tales.

I had many things kited to my base but i had the foresight to see people are crooked monsters when given anonymity and adjusted my design and defences accordingly.

I agree with ishootpaint - no need for ORP on PvE (I've played over 10K hours of ark 60% PvP 40% PvE) - if your base can't withstand a wild, it cant withstand a kited dino - remove ORP & remove kiting from the bannable offences on PvE - won't bother me as anything that makes it over the walls on the PvE server I'm on (unlikely) is killed by the turrets & the only dinos outside are in places where even a giga getting in won't get them before the turrets kill it. I'd also allow flyer carry on PvE too - it's a raptoring survival game - PvE may mean no raiding, it shouldn't mean that as soon as you put a metal wall up you're safe from everything.

On 9/30/2018 at 7:59 AM, ixicore said:

Here is a few souloutions (

1 open new PVE servers,

This will make no difference as within 1-2 weeks they will be at cap as seen from the previous new PVE servers recently released. If transfer is disabled players will just mass tame dodos to claim tame spots.

2 Increase player cap along with Dino cap on servers 

This will only make matters worse as more tribes will use other servers as storage 

upgrade the computers that run the servers 

This costs money WC doesn't have available to invest without regular cash flow to allow such a maintenance heavy task. This means they would have to hire more maintenance guys other than lilpanda, pay more monthly for the better hardware which is pointless (game ins't optimized enough to utilize better hardware btw)

dont just concentrate on PVP servers

PVE was an afterthought and every change made to PVP is made at PVE's expense. 

- Servers have a maximum player count of 100. 

This will only contribute to tame cap and lagg even more. 

Unfortunately for WC PvE is a very popular game mode, and they should consider the players on that mode - I play both, 6K hours PvP, 4K PvE, 95% of those on official servers - I play PvP, well, to PvP... Have played everything from solo to megatribe (with one of the 3 or 4 largest megas) on PvP, and it's all doable (but solo is VERY hard). PvE is a bit broken with the pillar spam & dino cap at the moment, there are solutions that don't require massive re-coding, but there seems to be no desire to even try a cluster to see what works ?

Removing ORP & allowing kiting again would help (certainly would remove the masses round the obs pretty quickly!), also having smaller clusters for PvE would reduce the pressure - but would also reduce trading, so that's a double edged sword - I'd like to see about 40-50% of PvE servers being in crossark clusters with 1 of each map - this would be great for a lot of the PvE players who have little interest in trading outside their server, would allow ascencion for any in the cluster, and would discourage PvE megas as there's no point in a mega park for selling if you're limited to 5 maps in the cluster. Ideally there would be a personal allocation of, say 100 dinos per player across the clusters, tied to steam ID (this would require a bit of coding), and the current 500/tribe & 10500 (IIRC for PC) for the server - would make it harder for anyone to cap a server and, with the other changes, should result in some clusters where PvE works on official.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, ixicore said:

Over all there are 134 ARK official PVE servers and 405 Ark officail PVP server does that sound like a fair balance to you? Also when you go on to ark>Serverlist>gamemodePVP there are 20+ PVP servers with 0/70 players?!!

@Jen please sort this out 

When I saw your numbers I open ark server browsers, interesting facts I found:

Server result: Total Servers 253

25+ servers Population: 0/70

15+ servers Population: 1/70

30+ servers Population: 2-5/70

rest are below 10 

Most populated server is 14/70

28 minutes ago, GEonWAR said:

When I saw your numbers I open ark server browsers, interesting facts I found:

Server result: Total Servers 253

25+ servers Population: 0/70

15+ servers Population: 1/70

30+ servers Population: 2-5/70

rest are below 10 

Most populated server is 14/70

You have to check again at various times of the day. Not while the US is sleeping.

Battlemetrics site shows better statistics.

36 minutes ago, GEonWAR said:

Oh so I should accept ur facts based on 3rd party info, not in game stats, witch give you realtime numbers! 

Witch is supposed to be which. Unless you are taking voodoo.

Since the cult of 123 formed because of battlemetrics site (or others like it), I would accept this site's statistics.

On 9/30/2018 at 2:06 PM, Aylana314159 said:

The game wasn't designed for PvP. WC could convert all PvE servers to PvPvE with time windows for PvP...this would quickly solve the pillar and tame cap problem.

Well you say it wasnt designed for PVP but thats the only option for play for fun if you dont want to lose everything to cheaters, to many bugs etc making it possibly to cheat. If I want pvp i play COD.

12 minutes ago, Rogero said:

Well you say it wasnt designed for PVP but thats the only option for play for fun if you dont want to lose everything to cheaters, to many bugs etc making it possibly to cheat. If I want pvp i play COD.

Sorry. Stupid auto correct on phone. The game was designed for PvP not PvE. PvE was just tacked on as an after thought.

And I basically said all official servers should be some form of PvP.

They need servers for breeding alone, they require too many dinoes to breed to make it a normal thing for a normal official server, breeding servers with nearly no cap, no buildings no predator wilds breeding could be auto controlled by stats, like a mod being implemented.

Say you are breeding rexes and need HP DMG STAM, you breed a pair the roll goes and its a dud it should be auto deleted, roll get weight should be auto deleted, roll hp dmg or stam you have an option to keep easy pop ups no fancy u.i.

Breeding/farm servers ? use pve for fighting bosses wilds only (or the occasional none existent tribe war)  Another idea to the pile, make that money....................no building besides the trough.

28 minutes ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

They need servers for breeding alone, they require too many dinoes to breed to make it a normal thing for a normal official server, breeding servers with nearly no cap, no buildings no predator wilds breeding could be auto controlled by stats, like a mod being implemented.

Say you are breeding rexes and need HP DMG STAM, you breed a pair the roll goes and its a dud it should be auto deleted, roll get weight should be auto deleted, roll hp dmg or stam you have an option to keep easy pop ups no fancy u.i.

Breeding/farm servers ? use pve for fighting bosses wilds only (or the occasional none existent tribe war)  Another idea to the pile, make that money....................no building besides the trough.

Sounds like they should just implement a structure that does the breeding behind the scenes. It would have to be industrial and not tek teir.

Load in males and females..that get removed from world (or even make this irreversible, like DNA extraction). They have some grinding way to feed/power the machines. Eventually get the desired baby out.

I agree that PVE tame caps beed to be looked into. I personally don’t need a 500 dino limit for a solo tribe, seems kind of high, but that’s just me. However, adding more servers isn’t in the best interest of WC from a business standpoint, would be more so if we had to pay a subscription. If your heart is set on official servers, I would try looking into older servers. Player counts do drop over time and everyone else is rushing for the new servers while the older ones free up. 

Archived