Experience values are very disliked by all of us.

xiaoyao

• 2 weeks later...

I am afraid that you do not speak for me either.  I am not concerned about the amount of experience points required.  That, for me, is part of the challenge.  

To say that “..it is totally out of line with logic.”, seems to be forgetting the point that you are stuck on an island with a plethora of creatures from different prehistoric time zones which have the ability to re-spawn when killed.  The same island has massive, floating obelisks that defy gravity,  etc etc... all of which are totally out of line with logic, but you don’t seem to be concerned about that strangely enough.  This is a game.  There doesn’t need to be logic and it’s supposed to get harder in the end. ? ?

I fully agree with Havelock (and not just because your a Scotsman laddie! Lol). Having played various tabletop and online rpg's (which I would say fits here, does it not?) over many, many a year (painful admission), I can say that a linear, even progression of xp to reach progressively higher levels is rarely the case. Just as Havelock said, it's supposed to get harder in the end. The highest levels aren't just a place on a map, going from point A to point B. They are the pinnacle. The mountain top. To reach them should have more meaning than just numbers and power. It should have some kind of status attached, which in large part I would say comes with doing the really hard work to get there. Knowing you earned it. I doubt anyone in Ark has every really patted themselves on the back for making, say, lvl 2, or 10, or maybe even 20. But when you get up to the 90's!?! Now that is something! And to make 100? An achievement to be sure. 

Xiaoyao, I'd say throw yourself at those last few levels as hard as you can. Earn it, then rest content that you worked for it. But that's just my opinion, and I'm only some poor, American U.S. Army combat veteran who is in his 40's. What would I know? ;)

Either way, Xiaoyao, I hope you have fun. 

- Rakkasan

39968886_888164954726342_3708764724645593088_n.jpg

L-DTvtDz_400x400.jpg

rakkasans_by_bull3tmodz-d6isuh1.jpg

46 minutes ago, Rakkasan said:

To reach them should have more meaning than just numbers and power. It should have some kind of status attached, which in large part I would say comes with doing the really hard work to get there. Knowing you earned it.  

(...)

Xiaoyao, I'd say throw yourself at those last few levels as hard as you can. Earn it, then rest content that you worked for it.

This ?

在2018/10/10 在 AM3点59分, Rakkasan 说:

I fully agree with Havelock (and not just because your a Scotsman laddie! Lol). Having played various tabletop and online rpg's (which I would say fits here, does it not?) over many, many a year (painful admission), I can say that a linear, even progression of xp to reach progressively higher levels is rarely the case. Just as Havelock said, it's supposed to get harder in the end. The highest levels aren't just a place on a map, going from point A to point B. They are the pinnacle. The mountain top. To reach them should have more meaning than just numbers and power. It should have some kind of status attached, which in large part I would say comes with doing the really hard work to get there. Knowing you earned it. I doubt anyone in Ark has every really patted themselves on the back for making, say, lvl 2, or 10, or maybe even 20. But when you get up to the 90's!?! Now that is something! And to make 100? An achievement to be sure. 

Xiaoyao, I'd say throw yourself at those last few levels as hard as you can. Earn it, then rest content that you worked for it. But that's just my opinion, and I'm only some poor, American U.S. Army combat veteran who is in his 40's. What would I know? ;)

Either way, Xiaoyao, I hope you have fun. 

- Rakkasan

Ok~

@xiaoyao have you finished all of the caves and tributes their Artifacts? I earned 400,00 exp from the swampcave. 

If you use either an ad buff or primal pass as well as enlightenment broth you can really make a difference if you use them to boost your exp on tasks that already offer high rates of exp.

its way better to double up the exp of killing an alpha rex than just a dodo kind of thing. Getting rhino horns for the broth isn’t super easy, but when you’re at these upper levels it’s not too bad.

i know this isn’t what you were after, but stick it out, you’ll get there.

Archived