Argys or Lightnings for manticora alpha?

PUTINA

We used to do with lightning wyverns, but their AI is finally so broken that it's probably better to do with rexes. Even after the first flyer AI "improvement" when they started to try to land all the time, alpha was still easily doable with lightnings and 2 people. They would stop using their breath attack from time to time, but started using it again after whistling attack target. Then after the release of extinction chronicles 1 we lost our whole flock to timeout because they downright refuse to attack now, whistling seems to be setting them to "attack MY target" rather than "attack THIS target" and even with the help of a shotgun, the timer might be the only thing you'll see go down. We did a couple of beta fights that took as long as alpha used to before that.

What you COULD try (and what seemed to work best in local game) is to ride a wyvern yourself, have the others following and set to attack my target. When I tried that, all I had to do when they stopped using the breath attack was to just bite/attack manticore with my wyvern and they followed and used the breath again. Worms were a bit of a problem though since they got stuck on/under them quite often and lost a lot of health. Bring someone with a good theri or rex and another one on follow to take care of the worms, also to lure the golems away, and have another person on a yuty.

I think it's save to say that argies won't stand a chance in alpha. I'm not even sure about beta anymore, but gamma should be ok.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It worked for us to hover the other wyvern above the platform and we did do 10 rexes and 9 lightning plus 1 fire because we did not have more lightning. We did let the manticore land and whistle all dino’s on it. You can’t trap the manticore with rexes anymore but the wyvern could do it when we did it. Hope this was helpfull!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/3/2018 at 5:13 PM, raro007 said:

first time i read ppl thinking about using argy for manticore.. XD

You must be a fairly new addition to the game!  Argys in that bossfight have been an idea/tactic (with a strong enough breed) since early access.

Last year, a guy who did it with Tapejaras!

It was only Gamma, but he did it.

Archived