Single player problems on a server

ToeiRei

Hi guys,

I'm playing on an unofficial server which I call my home. It's something I use for the constant time as I love to log on and see what has happened while I had a nap. But there is one thing that bugs me most, which is the hunting for some specific dino on the map.

Now the big thing is, my bird - which I use for transportation - is a big burden to me while taming. Is there a way to send it home?

Cheers
Rei

11 hours ago, Moonie1 said:

Have it follow something at your home. Once you hop off it, it will immediately head home to get in follow range of whatever you had it follow, so make sure you have everything you need off of it before dismounting. I am not sure if this works when out of render distance tho.

It doesn’t work out of render and will simply get stuck until you both share render again. It’s a good way to lose any dino.

Hello,

I use the Argent to protect my taming process and before the wild is knocked out I let the wild creature attack my Argent.

Set on passive before taming and after taming set it to agressive but and however you must activate only target conscious in behavior. Both target distance and follow distance set to high.

Example taming a Baryonyx:

set argent to passive, kite bary to a safe area, land and jump off away from bary that is now aggro on argent, jnock it out and have the argent on follow. Screen shot stats and remember the health value (not max value). Go get taming items. Possible to leave your argent on neutral close to knock out creature if you have time to return before it wake up. Once back with kibble you set argent to agressive and follow. Check so health value is the same if not repeat the knock out. Done and tamed. Go pick up your bary and you have achieved the first cave mount necessary. Now you need another level 135+ of different gender to get the rider buff on your baby bary.

Sounds easy but very few know and have done it. Build a taming raft to tame argents, several at each time since you need lots of them. Use trap method, 4 walls high roof and one door frame down at exit entrance opening two wide and three high opening, birds escape up and away from player.

Good luck.

Regards,

Ariana 

Archived