The Story Of Ark Confirmed! (WORKS WITH ALL EVIDENCE WE HAVE SO FAR!!!)

TheVoidCraft

I have been studying the story of Ark and looking at other peoples theories for a while now and I have just found the REAL story of Ark. I find people saying in the comments of each theory I've looked at that it doesn't have something in the explorer notes or assensions or something. Mine is not like that and I have been checking over my theory for mistakes but I can't find any.  SO, let's get into the real story behind Ark.

THE STORY

So in the first game we spawn on an island with three high-tech looking obelisks and random supply crates falling out of the sky. It soon becomes clear that the island can't be natural and after you defeat the boses you can go in the control center. You see what appers to be humans, dinosaurs and supply drops being put on the island. You also look apon the island,  a dead Earth and loads of other Arks through the window. After a while you fight the Overseer and go to scorched earth. Now the console in the control center was written in  a different language but while that is the case, it was not aliens who made the console and the Arks. I'l explain more in a moment. So in Scorched Earth it's again, the same story, you survive, fight the manticore boss and then go to Aboration.

So then you go to Aborration and you survive again but only this time, the Ark is damaged. According to the explorer notes, a tribe of survivors with tech detonated a tech nuke in the control center of Aborration. So you survive in the caves then you go up to the surface and eventually you fight the final boss who is the only writer of explorer notes we have met so far. He was Sir. Edumund Rockwell who had injected himself with element and had mutated. Now this boss fight helped a lot in finding out the story of Ark which you will find out in a second! So now you accend to Earth and you speed past other Arks and a destroyed moon. Now the moon being destroyed was the hardest to find an answer to but I did in the end. Anyway, so you come to earth to see a sort of mini Ark. Almost as soon as you arrive the holographic sky disappears and you can see, if you look closely a Tech city which can also be seen in the trailer. So this is the story but combining this with the trailer I could start to put together the story.

THE THEORY  

So it all starts with the fact that Wild Card hints in the post about the release date of Ark Extinction that the problem on Earth also began on Earth. This excludes aliens so after that I began to look into the homo deus. I was looking through the comments of another theory when this person commented that he always liked to think that the homo deus were the Overseers which I laughed at. But after thinking about it, a possible scenario came into my mind. So we know that in the ship at the end of Aborration we see different holograms and we know that homo sapiens are extinct and homo deus are endangered. So I put two and two together and thought about it. If the Overseers were homo deus, then why were they made of energy? Well then I thought about Rockwell who had enjected himself with element and mutated. But if you remember the titan from the trailer had an elementium core and he wasn't made of tech. So after thinking about this for I long time, I came to a conclusion and thus came the theory.

THE ACTUAL THEORY

My theory is that a long time ago the Homo Deus (which were a new species of human that naturally evolved)  were living on the Earth. They had huge high-tech cities made of tech metal, very advanced tech and a new worldwide language (which explains the strange language in the consoles of the control center). They were experimenting in genetics at the time and made experiments to bring back ancient creatures like dinosaurs and also creating new creatures like the wyvern. They created huge space stations called the ARKS to be populated by these creatures so they could study their natural behavior and for the new creatures, trying to get then just right so they were not too weak or powerful. While the homo deus were studying their genetic code and trying to change it slightly. One day they discovered element had properties that mutated the body and made it stronger. They were wary to try but they did in the end although they were taking every safety measure possible. Their first experiment was a success so they did it more and more. But they found that, just like with Rockwell it took time to fully take effect. They had done it to about 100 - 1000 homo deus before it started to take full effect. Actual energy started to radiate off them and it overloded the injector machine. it released all it's elementum and energy in a giant shockwave. The shockwave destroyed the bodies of all the homo deus in the injection facility. Only the injected homo deus were left as the pure energy they were radiating before. The injected energy homo deus are the Overseers. The shockwave destroyed a lot and killed billions. After wrecking the Earth the shockwave gathered in the atmosphere and blasted outwords, destroying the moon and a few satelites which fits in with the blasted moon we see when we go to Earth at the end of Aborration. The homo deus that did not die had an extreme mutation due to the amount of elementium in the shockwave. They are the titans. The titans have that glow around them that the mutated Rockwell had. Because It got a bigger dose then Rockwell it doesn't even resemble a human anymore. Not to mention the liquid elementium core it has which shows how much elementium is in it. The planet was wrecked and only ruins remained. The Overseers gathered the dead bodies of the rest of the homo deus and took them to the Arks. The science stations then became the only places where there were homo deus. Each Overseer took one Ark and maintained it for a huge amount of time. The consciousnesses of historical characters were put in each dead body and sent down to the Arks. None of them had any memories from their new bodies. The Overseers decided that they must work together to find the best historical characters to put to the test and see if they can form a team to go to Earth and save not only Earth but also the homo deus. The Player, Helena,  and Mai yin are that team. So this brings us back to that post by Wild Card that says you have to save Earth which fits in perfectly with the story. Now the one thing that is uncertain is if in extinction you will meet Helena and Mei Yin or you find that something has happened to them and you have to save Earth alone. I know this is a long post and it took me about an hour to write but I hope I got at least some things right! I think it's pretty good and fits in perfectly but I want to know what you guys think! Soon the real story will be revealed with extinction! I would be really happy if I'm right!

Take care and keep on surviving!

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Most of that we already know to be true. The part I dont buy from your story is the 'explosion' bit about how they became extinct.

Its been mentioned that homo dues found a way to ascend the human plane and become digital, hence the new binary (computer) language and new species. From there I believe they went a step further and began messing with ways to ascend further.. creating the villian we have been hinted towards: whose ultimate purpose was to destroy earth to "save" mankind. Sort of like Halo. This new being is way more advanced than homo dues and created "corruption" (whatever it *actually* is) which destroyed the earth (and sending the 'titans' which were probably originally meant to protect earth - against earth to destroy mankind)

I don't want to discourage you or get in the way of your fanfic but here are a few inconsistencies.

1) "They were experimenting in genetics at the time and made experiments to bring back ancient creatures like dinosaurs and also creating new creatures like the wyvern"

all the life on the Arks is most likely cloned, however everyone having memory of life before the Ark and the time travel event between the island, scorched earth and Aberration suggests that the homo duce were in fact capable of time travel. Maybe the originals were abducted or maybe they were just cloned but the people on the Ark and probably the dinos as well were real people (in universe anyway). 

2) "One day they discovered element had properties that mutated the body and made it stronger"

If homo duce is the race that comes after humanities end then they should be well aware of the dangers of element.  We learn in Aberration that the tribe Rockwell stayed with had Tek armor which is powered by element. This isn't tek they developed on the Ark as an explorer note mentions how only one person is rated to fly the suit , suggesting this Tek is something that is used on Earth in the future. This is supported by Rockwells note where he is experimenting with element and the humans from the future warn him not to. It seems they are well aware of the dangers of messing with element.

3) " But they found that, just like with Rockwell it took time to fully take effect."

Rockwell experimented on himself twice.....well three times I guess. After mutating what I suspect was a bulbdog Rockwell figures that the trick to element is mixing it with your blood outside your body then injecting the solution into your body. He injects his arm and it grows large and looks a bit inhuman but he can keep it covered up. Then he decides to go for it and injects a large amount to mutate his whole body. Then he goes all kill happy slaughters the human camp/city whatever and runs off into the night. After battling the humans he is knocked into the element chamber/control chamber for Aberration where he is exposed to even more element and mutates further into the Rockwell we all know and love. So element seems to be pretty fast acting depending on the dose.

4)." Now the one thing that is uncertain is if in extinction you will meet Helena and Mei Yin or you find that something has happened to them and you have to save Earth alone"

It is in no way confirmed but it would seem that She who waits is the digital ghost/AI whatever of Helena. In the latest community crunch it is even mentioned that WC will be ret coning a few things so that Rockwell can be a part of Extinction. If they do fold him into extinction then you can bet Mei Yin will be there to get some payback on Rockwell for killing her girlfriend.  If Rockwell will be on the element/corrupted side of things then it would make sense if Helena and Mei Yin were on the Tek side being digital consciousness or just driving giant mecha (hey I can dream).

Interesting theory in all, not really onboard with the homo duce = overseer thing but you might be right. Something that came to me while reading your theory is what if the titans are what's left of humanity? In todays culture you can't make a sci-fi story without an environmental message so with that in mind......Humanity discovers the miracle of element....like nuclear power it is used all over the world to power various devices. But pollution gets element into the air...the water....our food and then come the mutations. After a few years most of humanity are Rockwell like abominations with only a few healthy groups of humans living in underground cities or space. The element infused humans with nothing better to do start fighting each other for who gets to be king of the trash heap that is earth. The strong eat the weak and absorb the element from their bodies growing even larger. Pretty soon you have creatures the size of large buildings walking the earth eating anything they can catch. In the end you have a few massive creatures that contain the genes and element of all the lesser beings.  

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:07 PM, Weiss said:

What? Where did they say that?

Survivor Caleb asks, “If Rockwell is trapped/killed on Aberration, which takes place before Extinction in the story, does this mean we will not receive new additional recipes on Extinction due to the fact that Rockwell is the creator of the recipes?”

There will be new recipes, and of course all of the previous ones will be available. We’re also planning to rework a few existing things to change up the meta

I may have jumped the gun on this. Reading it last week I took it to mean they were going to retcon Rockwell. But looking again they may just change up the explorer notes/recipe system or something like that.

43 minutes ago, Kawarriorking said:

Survivor Caleb asks, “If Rockwell is trapped/killed on Aberration, which takes place before Extinction in the story, does this mean we will not receive new additional recipes on Extinction due to the fact that Rockwell is the creator of the recipes?”

I may have jumped the gun on this. Reading it last week I took it to mean they were going to retcon Rockwell. But looking again they may just change up the explorer notes/recipe system or something like that.

Ah I see, np. Was wondering if they said anything on Twitter or reddit, I don't really follow these sources (and am bad at navigating there). Thx!

• 4 weeks later...

My new Theory

So, after getting the feedback on my last theory I have made a new theory about the story of Ark.

THE STORY

So, in the first game we spawn on an island with three high-tech looking obelisks and random supply crates falling out of the sky. It soon becomes clear that the island can't be natural and after you defeat the bosses you can go in the control centre. You see what appears to be humans, dinosaurs and supply drops being put on the island. You also look upon the island, a dead Earth and loads of other Arks through the window. After a while you fight the Overseer and go to scorched earth. Now the console in the control centre was written in a different language but while that is the case, it was not aliens who made the console and the Arks. I'll explain more in a moment. So, in Scorched Earth it's again, the same story, you survive, fight the manticore boss and then go to Aberrtion.

So, then you go to Aberration and you survive again but only this time, the Ark is damaged. According to the explorer notes, a tribe of survivors with tech detonated a tech nuke in the control centre of Aberration. So, you survive in the caves then you go up to the surface and eventually you fight the final boss who is the only writer of explorer notes we have met so far. He was Sir. Edmund Rockwell who had injected himself with element and had mutated. After you defeat him you ascend to Earth and you speed past other Arks and a destroyed moon. Now the moon being destroyed was , the cause of the barren Earth and the Arks, I think anyway. Anyway, so you come to earth to see a sort of mini Ark. Almost as soon as you arrive the holographic sky disappears and you can see, if you look closely a Tech city which can also be seen in the trailer. So, this is the story but combining this with the trailer I could start to put together the story. Massive credit to Kawarriorking who gave me the idea that made me think of my new theory.

My New Theory

Some time ago (exact time yet unknown) the homo deus were the most advanced race on Earth. They had discovered a new material some time ago that they used for energy and building materials. They learned as soon as they discovered it that element was very dangerous if it was used wrongly. They found that they could manipulate its energy and create beings of pure energy, the Overseers. They also found that if you exposed element to extreme cold it would go all purple and weird. Now, the humans were careful when they found element and they made sure that they didn’t consume it. But animals did. Animals quickly became infected with element and they mutated. They became the creatures of Ark Extinction, including the titans. The technology of Earth allowed them to clone any creature so they cloned creatures that would not get killed so easily by the mutated animals, the dinosaurs were their choice. But the Homo Deus still had one problem. An incoming asteroid that they did not manage to detect in time to stop it destroyed the moon and in doing this completely shifted the gravity of the Earth. You can check If you want but if the moon was destroyed one side of the Earth would be super cold and the other would be extremely hot. In the final ascension from aberration you see an extremely hot earth whereas in the extinction trailer you see a frozen, cold Earth. They tried to protect what they could by making pillars to create energy shields to protect what they could. They knew they could not live like this so they created the Arks, artificial environments operated by the Overseers. They turned the Arks into a test and the humans who passed that test would go to Earth and try to fix the problem. Aberration was once a cold ark which had lots of element on it. Over time the element turned into the purple corrupted material you see in Aberration. The most protected place on Earth was the capital city which you see in the trailer of extinction. It was the only place in the cold part of Earth that did not turn into purple aberrated material. Also, in the trailer there is no purple material in the city.

Also in the trailer you see a compass gone completely crazy and that’s because of the gravity centre of Earth is completely messed up, not enough to effect the entire gravity on Earth but enough to make a compass useless.

I have to admit the last theory was a little farfetched and I hope this one was a little closer to the truth which we will find out anyway with Extinction.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope I get some on this one too!

Oh, one thing I forgot to mension in my theory that when they created the Arks they put the concionces of strong and intelligent people in the homo deus that went down to the Arks in hope that these people would be more capable of fixing the problem if any of them got through the Ark test. But the one big question is: Whos conciousness do you, the player have implanted in you?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I personally think that the conciousness of your character happens to be a new one. No prior life, just the new one on the Ark. I mean, I don't recall ever seeing any hints about a prior life. No survivor notes mention having met you either before or during the Arks. So, what if you are a new experiment? A blank slate, if you will, to see if someone without prior memories can pass the trials? It would also help to explain why you can make a completely new character on each map. While canonologically you are the same person going through each Ark, you can make a character on Abberation before finishing the Island, just as an example. New body every time, but the accumulated memories remain in the form of how full your map is and how many explorer notes you found. But no matter what, no clue about who you were before the arks... Because you never existed before the Arks.

Archived