What is the best cave mount?

a123456abc

To me Baryonyx.

Unfortunately it consumes fish (and thus you can't force feed heal it? Can't remember). But with a spino or basilo large amounts are quickly farmed. It's a good swimmer and has an AoE attack under water that also stuns. Also it can jump, but I mean most cave mounts can.

I bred some high levels on official and the offspring now has 10k health and 521% melee.

Definitely depends on the cave. Center caves requires different mounts and not all mounts will fit through the entrances. 

I mix between a Rex on the main Lava Island Cave (Center)

Saber for the smaller entrance Lava Island Cave (Center)

Thyla for the NE Ice Cave as it swims well and allows for quick escape by climbing walls but Ive used a Bary too

Bary/Spino for the NW Ice Cave but just prefer the Spino (probably because I feel safer on it due its size).

So yes, totally dependant on what you feel comfortable on and which cave you are heading to and which server.

18 hours ago, Johnnygoose said:

Can rockdrakes be brought into center/island caves?

I have taken a Wyv into the main Lava Cave - bad idea as I couldnt remount the bloody thing as it wanted to fly. Had to get it to follow me and attack all... finally got back to the safe area to take off. 

Not sure about Rock Drakes but it would work in the main one.

Archived