ArkTheorist123

Ark Theories

1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

My thoughts are basically that if it's been changed to suit the needs of humanity, then why would it waste any energy?

It makes sense that the walls at the observation deck and that area at the bottom of Aberration and the end of the tek cave that's made out of element to pulse energy out, because those spots are like hearts of the Arks that're using all that energy that's being passed around.

Well, I suppose it might have been just impossible at the time to stop it completely, but impossible all the way until the end of Earth? Unlikely.

So if i got that right you're saying that they would have fixed the energy loss by the end of earth, but at the same time, the walls at the observation deck and the element walls on aberration still pulse ... just because theres a lot of energy going around at their locations? The arks where build pretty close to the end, so by then they should have fixed it, if it was possible ? Wouldn't it make sense and try to prevent "energy waste" from happening at some really vital components, if they could ?

1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

The biggest and most convincing thing that tells me that element can talk to itself is that element things can function as computer-type stuff.

Basically, we know that tek is capable of performing non-mechanical movements that make no sense if it isn't told to do so from some sort of computer-like system (the doors opening, the large amount of small movements made when pulling out a tek gun or saddle, the jetpack activating on command, etc.)
These sorts of things require something to be able to communicate. Basic computations require communication because something has to tell something else to happen.

What makes you so sure that the element is doing the computer-type stuff ? We could also be dealing with some advanced electronics, but even that isn't neccessary.

All of the stuff you mentioned could very well be done by some regular old circuitry, like there is no need for the element to do any kind of computing job here. Let's take the tek door for example: A door that opens when you approach it. Why the heck would it specifically need element to communicate that ? It's a lot more plausible that it just uses some kind of motion sensor and that the element used building it plays some role in the door being a force-field. I mean it kinda works like your everyday automatic sliding door. Even all of the other things mentioned could be handled by regular circuitry.

2 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

So we already have three different things which have to communicate with each other for the door alone. Computations can not take place unless data can be transferred. Computers use electricity to do this, element uses whatever you want to call its energy.

But the element seems to be converting whatever it's energy is into electricity when used as fuel?

2 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

So we know that element can compute things, and that it's constantly sending out energy. If computations are done by sending electricity today, then it's not a big jump at all to say that the element can transfer that data wirelessly by sending energy into the air instead of just the element that's touching it, in fact, I'd say that it's a bigger leap to say that it can't.

I would just stick to the part with the current computations being done by electricity, instead of saying that the element has it's own way of transfering data wirelessly. There are more then enough ways to transmit data wirelessly already, like sure, the circuits in any kinds of tek would definitely be more advanced than anything from the current era, but i still don't see why it would be element based circuitry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyWaffles said:

MasterCraft!

Booo! My dog can make mastercraft lasagna! Ascendant or nothing!

1 hour ago, Fes said:

So if i got that right you're saying that they would have fixed the energy loss by the end of earth, but at the same time, the walls at the observation deck and the element walls on aberration still pulse ... just because theres a lot of energy going around at their locations? The arks where build pretty close to the end, so by then they should have fixed it, if it was possible ? Wouldn't it make sense and try to prevent "energy waste" from happening at some really vital components, if they could ?

I'm saying that the places I mentioned are probably using that energy. So, the element is shooting out energy to be caught and used somewhere else. Like a wireless energy transfer. So the energy isn't being wasted, just moved around. Think about how the tek generator works; you can see the energy radiating out from it, and that energy powers tek buildings around it. That's what I think is going on in the 'heart' areas.

1 hour ago, Fes said:

What makes you so sure that the element is doing the computer-type stuff ? We could also be dealing with some advanced electronics, but even that isn't neccessary.

All of the stuff you mentioned could very well be done by some regular old circuitry, like there is no need for the element to do any kind of computing job here. Let's take the tek door for example: A door that opens when you approach it. Why the heck would it specifically need element to communicate that ? It's a lot more plausible that it just uses some kind of motion sensor and that the element used building it plays some role in the door being a force-field. I mean it kinda works like your everyday automatic sliding door. Even all of the other things mentioned could be handled by regular circuitry.

But the element seems to be converting whatever it's energy is into electricity when used as fuel?

I would just stick to the part with the current computations being done by electricity, instead of saying that the element has it's own way of transfering data wirelessly. There are more then enough ways to transmit data wirelessly already, like sure, the circuits in any kinds of tek would definitely be more advanced than anything from the current era, but i still don't see why it would be element based circuitry.

You're right except for the fact that most tek gear does not use electronics. Only the turrets and animals make use of traditional electronics, the door, jetpack, and rifle are all built without electronics, so then the duty to perform computations falls to the element.

I don't think it's something as simple as they didn't think about this stuff either, because the tek turret does use normal electronics.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

You're right except for the fact that most tek gear does not use electronics. Only the turrets and animals make use of traditional electronics, the door, jetpack, and rifle are all built without electronics, so then the duty to perform computations falls to the element.

I don't think it's something as simple as they didn't think about this stuff either, because the tek turret does use normal electronics.

I would definitely say it's them not thinking about it in a lore way, the fact that the tek turret does need electronics is likely due to the fact that all turrets more or less cost the same types of materials, just compare the crafting cost of the auto turret, the heavy one and the tek turret. The tek turret of course needs element added to the usal stuff (Metal, Poly, CP and Electronics), but it's still mostly the same stuff. So more of a game design choice i would say

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fes said:

I would definitely say it's them not thinking about it in a lore way, the fact that the tek turret does need electronics is likely due to the fact that all turrets more or less cost the same types of materials, just compare the crafting cost of the auto turret, the heavy one and the tek turret. The tek turret of course needs element added to the usal stuff (Metal, Poly, CP and Electronics), but it's still mostly the same stuff. So more of a game design choice i would say

Well, ok, I'll give you that I guess. I hadn't compared the tek turret's cost to the other turrets' costs and only noticed that it was the only tek item with electronics, so I thought there was a meaning to that.

Well, all I've got now is the fact that element is constantly humming and, when the 'humming' is enough that we can see, it has a rhythm. We also know that one form of element (Corruption) can talk with itself.

So there's definitely no smoking gun for the idea that refined element can talk to itself over a distance, but we know that it's possible for at least one form of element to do, and we have rhythmic pulsing from the element. So there's some circumstantial evidence, but nothing that I'd take with me to court...

In other words, I don't think there's enough evidence to prove my idea, but it's not disproven either.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

So there's definitely no smoking gun for the idea that refined element can talk to itself over a distance, but we know that it's possible for at least one form of element to do, and we have rhythmic pulsing from the element. So there's some circumstantial evidence, but nothing that I'd take with me to court...

In other words, I don't think there's enough evidence to prove my idea, but it's not disproven either.

yeah, i think it's for the best to leave it at that 😀

• Like 1

So it looks like there wasn't any discussion here about this yet, or at least, not any complete discussion, so let's talk about element and its many colors and forms.

What we know as a fact that element can exist as:
-Solid metal (Aberration boss terminal, tek cave, element we use)
-Gas (lunar biome)
-Liquid (Aberration, tek cave)
-Crystal (Aberration Diana #18 "crystallized element shards")
-Whatever the purple glow of Corruption should be called

So we know for a fact of the existence of 5 different forms of element.

This next part took me a while to get a decent hold on, despite being mildly implied since the Island, I only realized the evidence after Extinction.

The different colors of element:
-Green
-Blue
-Red
-Purple

I don't think it's necessary for me to provide proof for that part, everyone's seen these.
Now, ever since the Island, it was implied that there was a sort of hierarchy between red, green, and blue from the boss difficulties and ascension implant colors, but there was never any proof. In Aberration, we have green gems, blue gems, red gems, and purple gems, along with the existence of purple element now.
The furthest gems from the core of Aberration are green. If you go closer to the core, you find blue ones. Go further and you'll find red. Keep going and you'll find purple gems which turn red as you gather them. Diana's note #18 tells us that element can exist as a crystal (gem) and we see the color hierarchy we saw on the Island too in the gems. Later, in Extinction, we find blue and red crystallized sap that is functionally the same as the blue and red gems. This makes sense if there's actually blue and red crystallized element there, which would also make sense due to how much element is on Earth at the time.
Conclusion: The green, blue, red, and purple gems are all element.
To ignore the color hierarchy at this point would just be silly. It's clear that Wildcard has been pushing the whole deal with different types of element a lot (without going into theories, we already have 5 different types,) so we can say with confidence that the different colors of element have their different meanings.
The power hierarchy of element goes as so: Green < Blue < Red < Purple

This breaks the earlier assumption that purple element = bad and blue element = good. That thought worked well enough going into Extinction, but it wasn't completely correct. The purple element is dangerous because of its high energy levels and radiation in its liquid form; it's also the color used by Corruption (why would Corruption want to use a weaker form of element?) Blue element was only considered to be good because it's the easiest to make use of (which does, still, for all intents and purposes, make it the best color of element for us.)

This has some further implications about our good friends: The obelisks.
On every Ark (Aberration not included) there is one green, one blue, and one red obelisk. This means that there is one low power, one medium power, and one high power obelisk. What exactly is the purpose of this? I have no hard evidence for anything about this, but I guess it works like a reservoir system, with anything that needs more power being able to pull from the red obelisk if needed, and anything with too much energy could dump into the green obelisk, while the blue obelisk serves as a backup for both (if the red one is getting too drained, they can pull from blue, and if green gets too full, they can dump into blue.)

Also, I have a feeling that congealed gas balls are also some sort of element, but I have absolutely no proof or reason to believe this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fes said:

really excited for a new soundtrack, if the main theme already sounds this nice, i can't wait for the bossfights and a ascension ( assuming there will be one)

wth I was literally JUST thinking about them releasing the Genesis theme early like they did for Extinction lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

wth I was literally JUST thinking about them releasing the Genesis theme early like they did for Extinction lol

Tbh I kinda expected them dropping it like they did with extinction, and I did for quite some time, but I kinda thought they would release it a week before the release, so yeah also caught me off guard 😄