Jump to content

ArkTheorist123

Ark Theories

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Probably because it's much simpler to create HLN-A than it is to copy herself over. If we consider that the arks are all trying to dedicate their energy towards other processes, then HLN-A had to be something that's relatively simple to make and maintain.

Well, there was that "Genetic Analysis Record" that Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY made. 

To recap, we see that [LOG_TRANSMIT] (Helena) tells [LOG_RECEIVE] (HLN-A) that she's found some sort of genetic code that HLN-A should implement. When people solved the little treasure hunt in the image that followed, they were met with this message:

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Those are the answers I was looking for!
[LOG_RECEIVE] It was easily accessible data.
[LOG_RECEIVE] However, my memory retention is firmware limited to 30 specimen sleep cycles.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Well that's not good.
[LOG_RECEIVE] It is a safety precaution, to avoid the onset of undesirable personality traits in my neural core.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] All things considered I'll take that at face value.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Sounds like I might need to pay you a visit.

Interestingly enough, in order to unlock this message, people had to answer a series of questions by going to that "Terminal Command Line" in the "edit profile" tab and inputting a bunch of stuff that only Helena would known, at some point or another (the name of her argy, etc).

Basically what I'm saying is, and this may be a bit of a stretch, but what if what was going on here was Helena found a sort of "copy" of her own DNA, and tried to replicate herself with HLN-A. But, because of HLN-A's "safety precautions", the robot part of HLN-A would only permanently integrate her personality, and not her memories. 

Just another thought that might explain HLN-A's lack of Helena's memories.

Edited by ArkTheorist123
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Well, there was that "Genetic Analysis Record" that Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY made. 

To recap, we see that [LOG_TRANSMIT] (Helena) tells [LOG_RECEIVE] (HLN-A) that she's found some sort of genetic code that HLN-A should implement. When people solved the little treasure hunt in the image that followed, they were met with this message:

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Those are the answers I was looking for!
[LOG_RECEIVE] It was easily accessible data.
[LOG_RECEIVE] However, my memory retention is firmware limited to 30 specimen sleep cycles.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Well that's not good.
[LOG_RECEIVE] It is a safety precaution, to avoid the onset of undesirable personality traits in my neural core.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] All things considered I'll take that at face value.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Sounds like I might need to pay you a visit.

Interestingly enough, in order to unlock this message, people had to answer a series of questions by going to that "Terminal Command Line" in the "edit profile" tab and inputting a bunch of stuff that only Helena would known, at some point or another (the name of her argy, etc).

Basically what I'm saying is, and this may be a bit of a stretch, but what if what was going on here was Helena found a sort of "copy" of her own DNA, and tried to replicate herself with HLN-A. But, because of HLN-A's "safety precautions", the robot part of HLN-A would only permanently integrate her personality, and not her memories. 

Just another thought that might explain HLN-A's lack of Helena's memories.

>Avoid the onset of undesirable personality traits
Aka, avoid deterioration of my personality over time.

I hadn't noticed this before, but Helena seems to not know everything about HLN-A. "All things considered I'll take that at face value" implies that she didn't know the reasoning behind it, despite being the person who created HLN-A.
I'd wager that this is a testament to how far gone Helena currently is.

I agree with your assessment too. HLN-A is most likely a copy of Helena without any memories. However, since Helena created HLN-A, Helena definitely wasn't stumped by HLN-A's firmware limitations, since Helena is the one who put the limitations in place.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Guys! Guys they just leaked Genesis! You need to see this!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

I can't believe they would stealth leak Genesis like that

Bold of them to mark the volcanic region as the easy spawn point though

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Recreant888 said:

I really appreciate the commitment to support Genesis indefinitely despite the rumors of Ark 2 next year.

I wonder how long 'indefinitely' will last

27 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Yeah, I know. And that new Desert biome. Just sand and dilos. Thats all that spawns there.......

Didn't someone say something about some kind of king dilo there too?
Well I guess that still counts as a dilo.

The strangest part for me was probably finding out that the moeder can actually only be reached through the lunar biome. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

The strangest part for me was probably finding out that the moeder can actually only be reached through the lunar biome. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

My favorite part has to be the new graphics engine. I mean, I feel like I am IN the game! So immersive...

3RxDXxv.jpg.310516a4120b0e4068923d3f360099d3.jpg

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

...why did I fall for that?!?!

Haha yea, I thought the dodo would make it through too

17 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Don't forget the secret ascension code at 5:32 in the video (On the TEK brontosaurus' foot), which translates to "Heterocephalus."

This is a subtle nod to the next part of the Genesis saga, Genesis 2: Roll Rat's Revenge.

I'm ashamed to admit i hadn't even noticed the code

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Ok, in all reality I want more Tek Dinos.

Tek Thylaceo? YES PLEASE!

How about a Tek Pteranodon or a Tek Allosaurus? I. Want. More.

Also what da hecc is dis big boi hangin around in da dev kit for??

download.jpeg

That's the dodo we have to play basketball with.

We all thought we'd be playing basketball with a dodo as the ball, but dodo basketball actually meant playing basketball against the dodo.

Mere mortals stand no chance

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Ok, in all reality I want more Tek Dinos.

Tek Thylaceo? YES PLEASE!

How about a Tek Pteranodon or a Tek Allosaurus? I. Want. More.

Also what da hecc is dis big boi hangin around in da dev kit for??

download.jpeg

TEK trilobite or nothing.

Also, I believe that dodo is one of the forms used by the secret Overseer fight, which you unlock after beating the game on hardmode with a blindfold on.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Ok, in all reality I want more Tek Dinos.

Tek Thylaceo? YES PLEASE!

How about a Tek Pteranodon or a Tek Allosaurus? I. Want. More.

Also what da hecc is dis big boi hangin around in da dev kit for??

download.jpeg

Been in Dev kit for years. Was a test I think for the overseer fight with the morphing process of the overseer

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 1:52 PM, ArkTheorist123 said:

Welp, this is it: the month that Genesis releases. Let's just hope that they don't pull another ATLAS on us and delay it's release again.

 

On 1/1/2020 at 2:20 PM, LEDminer said:

In before we get a mysterious mysteries post with ascension code that translates to "Sorry, Genesis got delayed by another three months"

"Jesse and Jeremy here! We know things have been a bit quiet on Genesis news for the past few weeks, even though there is much more to show you, we’ve been deeply immersed in the pre-release development process. That being said, we’re writing today to tell you that the final release date for Genesis Part 1 is now February 25th, 2020 simultaneously on all platforms."

Called it. 

Edited by ArkTheorist123
  • Sad 2
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving on... I wonder what that tek structure is supposed to be

The astroceti shown look absolutely beautiful though!

The bog picture has me slightly worried because I didn't notice the bloodstalker at first but maybe that's because I just woke up.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA THERE WERE TWO OF THEM THIS CANT BE HAPPENING
And while we're looking at the picture, they've confirmed sarcos, carbons, and pteranadons for the bog.

I'm also very impressed by their incredible Moeder boss strategy

Edited by TinyHippo
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

 

"Jesse and Jeremy here! We know things have been a bit quiet on Genesis news for the past few weeks, even though there is much more to show you, we’ve been deeply immersed in the pre-release development process. That being said, we’re writing today to tell you that the final release date for Genesis Part 1 is now February 25th, 2020 simultaneously on all platforms."

Called it. 

Welp, this is unfortunate. But at least we have a release date now.

In before they announce a week before release that Genesis is delayed till summer.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...