ArkTheorist123

Ark Theories

Posted (edited)

Tbh I dont think earth was completely corrupted when we arrived on it. Evidence:

On AB if you go ghost (Heh) mode you can see a MASSIVE, and I mean GIGANTIC, ENOURMOUS crater filled with green, and I can assume this is a small amount of flourishing life.

In the ending cutscene, while you are flying over the planet earth, you can see a very large amount of green on the top right. I know that when the ARKS landed, the flora and fauna from them extends and grows at an incredibly fast rate, but I have a suspicion that the ARKS are supposed to land together, and that none have landed yet. Plus the fact that they try to keep it somewhat out of view

And HLNA claims that there MUST be some human life out there, considering all that we had accomplished. Maybe that "Unstable human life" (Quote from an HLNA discovery) Live there? Who knows... 

Edited by ArkTheoryApprentice
  • Like 1

Going back to the city ascension codes, there are references pointing to ARAT prime shutting/locking down and having its activation not confirmed. Then something about the leftover people (Gamma level personnel) needing to take shelter. Taking more of the info in, I guess that corrupt creatures/a titan (Most likely ice titan from an image found in one of the one who waits notes)/the opposing army launched an attack on the city/arar prime (I'm guessing the city), so the humans activated an emergency barrier to stall the forces plus something called an overseer protocol, that eventually was set to automatic because there was close to no hope at this point (I think that is the launch of the Arks). The people were already weak, and were rationing supplies, and severely punishing anyone who disobeyed the laws. Eventually the barrier was destroyed, (Or at least handicapped, because how else do the meteors from the wasteland get deflected from the top of the sanctuary) and the humans went down with the sanctuary. (Most of em at least) With the overseer protocol set to automated, all that we needed was time for the first survivors to make their way down to earth and start the reseed protocol to save the planet

• Like 2

Also I think I can explain why there is a massive crater on the planet.

Apparently the element resource fell from the sky a long time ago, and since we are talking about a game filled with animals from prehistory, falling meteors in the wasteland and terms such as extinction, I'd assume that a meteor caused the crater. (Not the crater in extinction, the crater we see on Earth if we go ghost mode during the aberration cutscene)

When the meteor struck the Earth, it caused an immense amount of damage to that side of the planet and started to leak element in the nearby area. Humans saw the new resource as a blueprint for incredible buildings such as skyscrapers, apartment complexes, etc. They also saw it as a weapon. Humans used the element to their advantage in wars, and eventually they realized that they were doomed.

If this crater is the origin of element making its way to Earth as we know it, this would certainly be some sort of landmark to visit sometime. For good reasons or bad? We dunno, but knowing the role element plays in the future, most likely bad. Very bad, with lots of death. Worse-than-respawn-cooldowns kind of bad.

• Like 2

Heh, Yknow, if the ARK's ecosystems were outta whack with too many predators, there would be too many predators released onto earth. Forget raptor overspawns, alpha t-rexes anyone? Anyways, a good question would be: Can the ARKS still generate creatures after their barriers are let down and the overseer chamber is activated? Also, with an orbital tilt or whatever, the snowy areas on ARKs such as the island's snow biome would melt, creating an excess of water, most likely leading to some sorta flood. (Cough, bible, Cough)

The ARKs landing on the top and bottom of the Earth would most likely keep their snow, however.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Heh, Yknow, if the ARK's ecosystems were outta whack with too many predators, there would be too many predators released onto earth. Forget raptor overspawns, alpha t-rexes anyone? Anyways, a good question would be: Can the ARKS still generate creatures after their barriers are let down and the overseer chamber is activated? Also, with an orbital tilt or whatever, the snowy areas on ARKs such as the island's snow biome would melt, creating an excess of water, most likely leading to some sorta flood. (Cough, bible, Cough)

The ARKs landing on the top and bottom of the Earth would most likely keep their snow, however.

My guess is that the spawning (mostly, anyway) stops. Helena said that the player would be unable to respawn after the arks land so that the arks can work on removing the element. It's possible that this is just a restraint on retrieving the soul so that you can respawn instead of just recreating a body though, which would mean that spawning of animals could keep going after.

Logically, though, the arks would work at full power to remove all the element first since that's a pretty massive issue that needs to get dealt with asap. Once that is done maybe spawns could pick back up again though. So the overly large numbers of predators would likely balance themselves out over just a bit of time.

And yea, if the arks devote their energy to element purging, its pretty likely that their environmental maintenance stuff would also stop working (the shields were turning off in the end cutscene of Extinction) so the snow would melt depending on where they landed and all that stuff which could easily lead to issues for survivors.

Basically, the survivors have a rough time ahead immediately (or quickly) following the landing of the arks as the earth adapts to its new rotation and the large amount of different species dropped onto it.

• Like 1

Just now, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Yup, but we can respawn in the simulation, as we are controlling an avatar. I winder what new possibilities this opens up?

Basically, it means we can ignore all consequences of the arks landing since we're in a different reality 😛

The new possibilities opened up by this are... Endless. We have no idea how close the GenSim is to reality, all we know is that it is different, so there's no telling exactly how much different it is, which means there's no way of knowing what strange things we can do in there.

2 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

I dunno why but I have this vision of a new character re-creation system coming into genesis, with being able to re customize your avatar. Its a longshot but im hoping

I can only hope

• Like 1

Im really looking forward to those quests though, unlike all those ark youtubers out there, from PythonGB to Anthomnia (He doesnt even do ark anymore lol) Im always at a loss of what to do. Yesterday i spent an hour flying on my argy, thinking about what to do, build a water pen? Kill that alpha rex next to my base? Test turrets for the first time? Ugh.

I dunno, but HLN A seems to!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

or at least, some of the time. She seems pretty new to all of this ark stuff. Why didn't helena put her consciousness into HLN A, knowing that she knows more than that silly little Aussie Tek bot?

Probably because it's much simpler to create HLN-A than it is to copy herself over. If we consider that the arks are all trying to dedicate their energy towards other processes, then HLN-A had to be something that's relatively simple to make and maintain.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

True.

But. If there was a real problem at hand, (Rockwell) I bet she would copy herself.

Maybe this is after extinction, but before Aberration crashes?

I'm pretty sure that making a proper copy of a deus would take a pretty big amount of power. Not to mention the fact that Helena is deteriorating anyway, so there's not a huge purpose in trying to preserve herself in her current form anyway.

Although I don't know if I've said this here yet or not, but I'm pretty sure that HLN-A is supposed to be a backup Helena anyway. The differences being that HLN-A isn't a deus (Helena doesn't like being a deus) and that it doesn't have all her memories, and is just her personality. Since HLN-A and Helena are the same in all ways besides memories, HLN-A is basically just a second Helena, except it's a Helena that doesn't deteriorate over time like a deus does. I believe that HLN-A is Helena's plan to counteract the deterioration of herself and continue to help us. She could even potentially use HLN-A's personality to replace her own later on after she has deteriorated a lot.
Basically, Helena made HLN-A not be a deus because that's the only way for her to preserve herself long-term.

23 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Here comes good ol LuCraft, reacting to our posts. 😉

Thumbs and hearts all 'round

• Like 3