Jump to content

ArkTheorist123

Ark Theories

Recommended Posts

Mysterious_Transmission12.gif

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.

[LOG_RECEIVE] It's an arms race over here.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] That's both intriguing and worrisome.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] For your next terminal entry, use 09fba5e7-7170-4b60-929b-29cca67a0757.

 

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-12
[LOG_RECEIVE] A proper arms race depends on two motivators:
[LOG_RECEIVE] Escalation and deterrence.
[LOG_RECEIVE] No worries if those forces are in balance. But if the weapons escalate too fast, deterrence doesn't work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

>We are Homo Deus, aren't we?
No, we aren't. We're 'just' humans.

18 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

 

Ok, first of all why is there an empty quote box up there? @_@... Second of all, I still think we are Homo Deus, because after we kill the Alpha King Titan, we receive the "HomoDeus" Skin set. After the endgame cutscene, I'm 99.999% sure our implant is gone, and it's replaced with a glowing outline that appears when you access your inventory. Also, when you access your inventory, your implant is replaced with a Homo Deus Record. This begs the question- What of us is being recorded? Our existence as a potential Homo Deus? Are there other Homo Deus that are out there looking for new Homo Deus? Or is it just a fancy-pants name that makes us feel good about beating Extinction? Also, we are definitely related to Homo Deus in some way, as we constantly spaz out between being "Human" and Homo Deus. This can be seen in the Ascension cutscenes, and even at the beginning of the Genesis Reveal Trailer. I tried to insert a Picture file, but it claims to be too large. Just watch the reveal trailer, and you can see that our survivor has glossy, shining hands with lines (Veins?) just like your everyday, garden-variety Human-God thing Homo Deus. Also I can't help but notice that Helena's head has been enveloped in the Homo Deus-ness-ish whatchamacallit. Does this suggest that time passed? Or can Helena change what parts of her are Homo Deus-ey, like how we can take off and put on the Homo Deus skins?

HomoDeus_Gloves_Skin_(Extinction).png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Ok, first of all why is there an empty quote box up there? @_@...

Second of all, I still think we are Homo Deus, because after we kill the Alpha King Titan, we receive the "HomoDeus" Skin set.

After the endgame cutscene, I'm 99.999% sure our implant is gone, and it's replaced with a glowing outline that appears when you access your inventory. Also, when you access your inventory, your implant is replaced with a Homo Deus Record.
This begs the question- What of us is being recorded? Our existence as a potential Homo Deus? Are there other Homo Deus that are out there looking for new Homo Deus? Or is it just a fancy-pants name that makes us feel good about beating Extinction?

Also, we are definitely related to Homo Deus in some way, as we constantly spaz out between being "Human" and Homo Deus. This can be seen in the Ascension cutscenes, and even at the beginning of the Genesis Reveal Trailer. I tried to insert a Picture file, but it claims to be too large. Just watch the reveal trailer, and you can see that our survivor has glossy, shining hands with lines (Veins?) just like your everyday, garden-variety Human-God thing Homo Deus.

Also I can't help but notice that Helena's head has been enveloped in the Homo Deus-ness-ish whatchamacallit. Does this suggest that time passed? Or can Helena change what parts of her are Homo Deus-ey, like how we can take off and put on the Homo Deus skins?

HomoDeus_Gloves_Skin_(Extinction).png

>Ok, first of all why is there an empty quote box up there? @_@...
Not a bad question, I'm gonna guess witchcraft.

>Second of all, I still think we are Homo Deus, because after we kill the Alpha King Titan, we receive the "HomoDeus" Skin set.
We also receive an otter mask skin from Rockwell and the corrupted set from notes, yet we still aren't otters or corrupted. Skins shouldn't be taken that seriously really.

>After the endgame cutscene, I'm 99.999% sure our implant is gone, and it's replaced with a glowing outline that appears when you access your inventory. Also, when you access your inventory, your implant is replaced with a Homo Deus Record.
All correct.
>This begs the question- What of us is being recorded? Our existence as a potential Homo Deus?
It's a record of us, primarily focusing on our major achievements (at least from our side, that's all we can see) It's simply a record of our existence as humans.
>Are there other Homo Deus that are out there looking for new Homo Deus?
There are other Deus but as Helena told us, they're all basically just programs running at this point; they're no more human than your computer at home is, so they can't go looking for anything on their own. The only 2 active deus at this point are Helena and Rockwell.
Also, the deus have no physical form. They can't interact with the physical world directly. We, on the other hand, still can.

>Also, we are definitely related to Homo Deus in some way, as we constantly spaz out between being "Human" and Homo Deus. This can be seen in the Ascension cutscenes, and even at the beginning of the Genesis Reveal Trailer. I tried to insert a Picture file, but it claims to be too large. Just watch the reveal trailer, and you can see that our survivor has glossy, shining hands with lines (Veins?) just like your everyday, garden-variety Human-God thing Homo Deus.
This bit of info was helpful back when they added ascension on the Island because it gave insight to the nature of the deus. Homo deus are essentially uploaded consciousnesses of humans given access to lots of processing power. When we ascend or go through the upload process, we're converted into data and sent to the internet until we get downloaded again somewhere else. This is why it's visually similar to a deus; the only difference between an uploaded human and a deus is that the deus is given a supercomputer to help it think incredibly fast. Logically, representations of a deus and an uploaded human look the same.

>Also I can't help but notice that Helena's head has been enveloped in the Homo Deus-ness-ish whatchamacallit. Does this suggest that time passed?
Ayaya
Interesting, I hadn't noticed that.
I agree that it certainly does suggest that time has passed.
Just what does that imply I wonder?
It could mean 2 things I suppose:
1) This is before Extinction, and Helena gained more control between now and then
2) This is after Extinction, and Helena lost some control between now and then
Basically, it means that if this takes place after Extinction, Helena is losing herself, I assume it must be to the point where she can't even remember her own face to properly digitally present it. If it's before Extinction though, then it's much less serious and just means she learned how to digitally present it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:09 PM, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Oof, please see if you can crop the picture.

Here we go - in the first photo you can see a strange-looking structure just to the left of the person in the Magmasaur saddle, in the background. The structure in the second photo is just under the Astroceti.

1059988346_GENESISMYSTERIOUSSTRUCTURE(1).thumb.png.7ead646c0a3911e6f4b418f714a7f1b8.png

698082272_Arklunarbiomestructure(1).thumb.png.142b5dbfc39eafdbfb7e16ded222e62d.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Here we go - in the first photo you can see a strange-looking structure just to the left of the person in the Magmasaur saddle, in the background. The structure in the second photo is just under the Astroceti.

1059988346_GENESISMYSTERIOUSSTRUCTURE(1).thumb.png.7ead646c0a3911e6f4b418f714a7f1b8.png

698082272_Arklunarbiomestructure(1).thumb.png.142b5dbfc39eafdbfb7e16ded222e62d.png

Ahh, I see the magmasaur's picture's structure now. It's hidden pretty well but is definitely not natural.

It's worth noting that the structure with the magmasaur looks more tekky than the lunatic structure we see under the astroceti, although it's a bit hard to tell given how far in the background it is. It's certainly very big though.

Also, here's a closer-up less blurry picture of both of the structures.

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 15.58.32.png

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 15.57.24.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:30 PM, TinyHippo said:

>But another thing, this apparently doesn't happen right after extinction, but it "Lines up pretty well."
Figuring out the timeline here is a bit tricky. There are a few signs pointing to it being after we reach Aberration but before we reach Earth, but I found a flaw with that earlier (I can't remember what it was though >.<) so I'm not really sure about that anymore. 

 

20 hours ago, Leebum said:

I cannot accept that this is a prequel.

So I agree that it is not pre-extinction. 

I would surmise based on the trailer and other information, such as recent live streams, that this is Right after Extinction but does not carry on the main story. I think it will be a tangent.

The fact that the lead dev said that out skin is clean and we have no scar is interesting. It may be because after we initiated the reseed protocol we were taken into the Simulation straight away and what we see is a digital version of ourselves? not sure but fascinating stuff. 

If you remember during the August 8th stream Cedric sort of accidently mentioned "Survivor training", meaning that the whole simulation is meant to put us through all these tests to train us for something. This, combined with the lack of Genesis chronicle notes on Extinction, would make it appear that Genesis taking place between Aberration and Extinction makes sense - Genesis could just be Helena training us for Extinction. The big problem I see with that, though, is that nearly all of the biomes teased for Genesis (aside from the snow biome) have no relevancy in Extinction (It also can't take place before The Island, as much as that would make sense, because the Genesis chronicle notes are presented as if we have yet to enter the simulation as of Aberration).

And also, as TinyHippo pointed, in the Genesis trailer Helena has a translucent head, whereas at the end of Extinction she has a human-looking one. Being that Homo Dei slowly turn "braindead", this could mean some time has passed between the end of Extinction and the opening of Genesis (which is what I assume the trailer depicts), so Helena has further lost herself since Extinction's end, and has therefore turned completely translucent.

So yeah, pretty confident that Genesis takes place after Extinction. I just don't understand why there's no chronicle notes on Extinction...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

 

If you remember during the August 8th stream Cedric sort of accidently mentioned "Survivor training", meaning that the whole simulation is meant to put us through all these tests to train us for something. This, combined with the lack of Genesis chronicle notes on Extinction, would make it appear that Genesis taking place between Aberration and Extinction makes sense - Genesis could just be Helena training us for Extinction. The big problem I see with that, though, is that nearly all of the biomes teased for Genesis (aside from the snow biome) have no relevancy in Extinction (It also can't take place before The Island, as much as that would make sense, because the Genesis chronicle notes are presented as if we have yet to enter the simulation as of Aberration).

And also, as TinyHippo pointed, in the Genesis trailer Helena has a translucent head, whereas at the end of Extinction she has a human-looking one. Being that Homo Dei slowly turn "braindead", this could mean some time has passed between the end of Extinction and the opening of Genesis (which is what I assume the trailer depicts), so Helena has further lost herself since Extinction's end, and has therefore turned completely translucent.

So yeah, pretty confident that Genesis takes place after Extinction. I just don't understand why there's no chronicle notes on Extinction...

Hasn't Cedric also said something along the lines of "I don't know the upcoming story" before as well? Something about how he likes to discover it so he's purposefully left in the dark about this stuff.

Regardless, even if we assume what he said is correct, the training could also just be training for what comes after the events of Extinction, when all the Arks have landed and unleashed their life on the planet.

The two biggest points on the timeline question are the lack of notes on Extinction and Helena's change.
I thought about it and decided it's unlikely that Helena had simply learned how to represent her face by Extinction if she couldn't already, since she could make HLN-A which would be much more difficult, so therefore the loss of the human-like face is a strong indicator that time has passed and that it's after Extinction.
On the flip side, the lack of notes on Extinction would imply that it's before Extinction. HLN-A said outright that she wanted to learn more about Helena so it makes absolutely no sense for her to completely ignore Extinction, where plenty of significant things happened to Helena.

It's tricky because if I were to look at just one of these reasons without knowing about the other, I'd be completely sure that the idea it supports is definitely correct, but here they both are, sitting there, bothering me.
It's hard to work with two ideas that so strongly contradict each other, something must be missing here in one of the reasons. The only logical explanation is that one of the assumptions made from the evidence is wrong, but I don't see how.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:


On the flip side, the lack of notes on Extinction would imply that it's before Extinction. HLN-A said outright that she wanted to learn more about Helena so it makes absolutely no sense for her to completely ignore Extinction, where plenty of significant things happened to Helena.

 

I dont know why you both keep focusing on this; the Chronicles have not fished yet. So making that assumption 2 months before release is unwise.

The last chronicles gave us HLN-A notes on Aberration which was new as the first lot were only island and SE.

 

I do agree with Hippo that I think A LOT of time has passed since Extinction. That would fit with the story not quite continuing from extinction but would also allow time for Rockwell to do whatever he was going to do for the story.

not sure, but I would be sad if it was a prequel or intermediate of the other stories. 

 

Loving this discussion though

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leebum said:

I dont know why you both keep focusing on this; the Chronicles have not fished yet. So making that assumption 2 months before release is unwise.

The last chronicles gave us HLN-A notes on Aberration which was new as the first lot were only island and SE.

It was explicitly stated from before the first chronicles dropped that they would be on The Island, Scorched Earth, and Aberration. That's why we focus on that despite them still being ongoing.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick thing I noticed- There will be BIONIC creatures in the Lunar Biome in Genesis. There is ONE Bionic creature that isn't a skin in the game. The Enraged Triceratops in the Hellish Watelands of Extinction. This is a very strange design choice, and the Enraged Trike is:

1.VERY Rare

2.Not mentioned in any note

3.Not mentioned in the story in ANY WAY

This is very strange indeed. Wish I knew more- Yet I don't. Happy Wednesday.

Triceratops_Bionic_Costume.png

download.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

It was explicitly stated from before the first chronicles dropped that they would be on The Island, Scorched Earth, and Aberration. That's why we focus on that despite them still being ongoing.

 

Fair enough, I retract my statement.

 

As for the trike, its is sort of mentioned as being part of the City defence system

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something I noticed- At the end of extinction, you see survivors and dinos alike exiting what ark we perceive to be as The Island- I don't agree. The areas, and map border look different, not to mention the giant Tek bridge leading out of the "ARK". Did you guys notice the unusually vibrant coloring on the exiting dinos? I mean, they could of course be mutations, but really, that's not very likely. I think that what we are seeing is the end of Genesis Part One, where we exit the simulation and arrive on the corrupted Earth. Why I say this, is because you can still see the massive element vein in the background. This is probably wrong- but any good info helps, right? Happy Friday!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Something I noticed- At the end of extinction, you see survivors and dinos alike exiting what ark we perceive to be as The Island- I don't agree. The areas, and map border look different, not to mention the giant Tek bridge leading out of the "ARK". Did you guys notice the unusually vibrant coloring on the exiting dinos? I mean, they could of course be mutations, but really, that's not very likely. I think that what we are seeing is the end of Genesis Part One, where we exit the simulation and arrive on the corrupted Earth. Why I say this, is because you can still see the massive element vein in the background. This is probably wrong- but any good info helps, right? Happy Friday!

I mean, there might a slim chance of that being true. Honestly though I think it's just Wildcard being Wildcard.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 9:22 AM, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Something I noticed- At the end of extinction, you see survivors and dinos alike exiting what ark we perceive to be as The Island- I don't agree. The areas, and map border look different, not to mention the giant Tek bridge leading out of the "ARK". Did you guys notice the unusually vibrant coloring on the exiting dinos? I mean, they could of course be mutations, but really, that's not very likely. I think that what we are seeing is the end of Genesis Part One, where we exit the simulation and arrive on the corrupted Earth. Why I say this, is because you can still see the massive element vein in the background. This is probably wrong- but any good info helps, right? Happy Friday!

You're certainly right about it not being the Island, since that terrain doesn't seem to exist at the island. Assuming that that map is Genesis is a bit big of a guess though. I figured it was just some random ark that came down with all the others.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

You're certainly right about it not being the Island, since that terrain doesn't seem to exist at the island. Assuming that that map is Genesis is a bit big of a guess though. I figured it was just some random ark that came down with all the others.

I admit it was a complete guess, and it's probably the Island with some inconsistencies. Who knows... I however believe Genesis is after Extinction, and the reason there are no HLN-A discoveries there is because it's not important anymore. (I mean it is... after all it IS the other place where ARKS were tested besides ARAT PRIME, but we cleansed it of the corruption-or at least started to protocol that should cleanse it. Of course the map doesn't change, for the same reason as aberration hasn't landed if we beat extinction and choose to transfer back to aberration.) The only thing happening in Extinction is... well what the ARKS were meant to do, restart life. Life in Extinction is the same as life in any other ARK, (except the humans there aren't in any sort of ARK.) with water, dinos, plants and broken PvP. The city isn't even there afterwards, as in the end of Extinction The Island lands down next to it and blows it up. But when we play it, it is.

Edited by ArkTheoryApprentice
Forgot last tidbit of info ._.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 3, 2019 at 5:40 PM, ArkTheorist123 said:

 

If you remember during the August 8th stream Cedric sort of accidently mentioned "Survivor training", meaning that the whole simulation is meant to put us through all these tests to train us for something. This, combined with the lack of Genesis chronicle notes on Extinction, would make it appear that Genesis taking place between Aberration and Extinction makes sense - Genesis could just be Helena training us for Extinction. The big problem I see with that, though, is that nearly all of the biomes teased for Genesis (aside from the snow biome) have no relevancy in Extinction (It also can't take place before The Island, as much as that would make sense, because the Genesis chronicle notes are presented as if we have yet to enter the simulation as of Aberration).

And also, as TinyHippo pointed, in the Genesis trailer Helena has a translucent head, whereas at the end of Extinction she has a human-looking one. Being that Homo Dei slowly turn "braindead", this could mean some time has passed between the end of Extinction and the opening of Genesis (which is what I assume the trailer depicts), so Helena has further lost herself since Extinction's end, and has therefore turned completely translucent.

So yeah, pretty confident that Genesis takes place after Extinction. I just don't understand why there's no chronicle notes on Extinction..

 on.

Edited by WafflePancake
  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

I admit it was a complete guess, and it's probably the Island with some inconsistencies. Who knows... I however believe Genesis is after Extinction, and the reason there are no HLN-A discoveries there is because it's not important anymore. (I mean it is... after all it IS the other place where ARKS were tested besides ARAT PRIME, but we cleansed it of the corruption-or at least started to protocol that should cleanse it. Of course the map doesn't change, for the same reason as aberration hasn't landed if we beat extinction and choose to transfer back to aberration.) The only thing happening in Extinction is... well what the ARKS were meant to do, restart life. Life in Extinction is the same as life in any other ARK, (except the humans there aren't in any sort of ARK.) with water, dinos, plants and broken PvP. The city isn't even there afterwards, as in the end of Extinction The Island lands down next to it and blows it up.

>The city isn't even there afterwards

I knew this. I've seen it get destroyed plenty of times. Somehow, I still failed to make that connection. HLN-A is interested in Helena's past, but everything around Helena when she was on Earth is now destroyed. That would make perfect sense as to why she has no notes there. Meanwhile, The Island and Scorched Earth are still intact; Aberration looked pretty damaged but it's hard to tell since it's mostly underground anyway.

Regardless, if Genesis is after Extinction, then respawning is turned off as Helena said it would, and since we'll be able to respawn still we know that if it's after Extinction, it'll probably be a computer simulation as they've heavily implied, and not a physical ark like we saw at the end of Extinction.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WafflePancake That's an interesting spin on things, but HLN-A has clearly stated that Genesis is a simulation, along with the Devs. I think some of your theory might be correct, however. The lunar biome might be in the simulation, so we can find a way to fix the broken moon orbiting Earth- but I doubt it. I see no reason to fix that big grey hunk'a cheese.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WafflePancake said:

 

 

2 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

>The city isn't even there afterwards

I knew this. I've seen it get destroyed plenty of times. Somehow, I still failed to make that connection. HLN-A is interested in Helena's past, but everything around Helena when she was on Earth is now destroyed. That would make perfect sense as to why she has no notes there. Meanwhile, The Island and Scorched Earth are still intact; Aberration looked pretty damaged but it's hard to tell since it's mostly underground anyway.

Regardless, if Genesis is after Extinction, then respawning is turned off as Helena said it would, and since we'll be able to respawn still we know that if it's after Extinction, it'll probably be a computer simulation as they've heavily implied, and not a physical ark like we saw at the end of Extinction.

Again with the extra quote bubbles! Whhhyyyyyyyyyyyy??

I think that we'll control some sort of avatar, because of the corrupted AVATAR skins (I know you usually don't base info off of skins, so sorry :( )  I think that's how we'll respawn- We'll be controlling an avatar of ourselves, or something like that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WafflePancake said:

I don't think this is a 'simulation' at all.

I think the survivors are being sent to other planets to basically colonize them and regrow humanity. Yeah, Earth was 'saved' at the end of Extinction, but the planet is still pretty wrecked, so Helena may be helping survivors find a new planet to settle on.

What a wonderful idea.

Forget all the rest of the Ark stuff, if we follow this line of thought:
-It's called Genesis because it's the Genesis of new life on a new planet.
-The tests that creatures were put through were to test their ultimate survivability in strange, hostile environments.
-It explains why it needs specific creatures created for it and why it's producing new ones.
-The Arrival would be the arrival of a colonization ark on another planet.
-It explains the significance of the lunar biome.
-It explains why we can still respawn if outside of a computer simulation, since the colonization ark would have different priorities.

However, even if this is the purpose of the Genesis Simulation, what we're going into in Genesis 1 is still a simulation and not the real thing. We know this because HLN-A says specifically that the blade wasps were created by the simulation. So part 1, at the least, is going to be a simulation. Part 2 might be different though.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...