Jump to content

ArkTheorist123

Ark Theories

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

I believe this is the actual transmission for the guided missile launcher.

Disagree. At first it sounded like it from the text, but a closer look at the picture against the reveal picture from the stream shows an obvious difference: this has a bar thing sticking out to the side.

I noticed that the mystery seems to have a ramp on it at the back left which would mean this is some sort of bomber plane. The rod on the side would be some weird tek "wing" and the raised part at the front would be an (open?) cockpit.

314px-Tek_Remote_Guided_Missile_Concept_Art.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Disagree. At first it sounded like it from the text, but a closer look at the picture against the reveal picture from the stream shows an obvious difference: this has a bar thing sticking out to the side.

I noticed that the mystery seems to have a ramp on it at the back left which would mean this is some sort of bomber plane. The rod on the side would be some weird tek "wing" and the raised part at the front would be an (open?) cockpit.

314px-Tek_Remote_Guided_Missile_Concept_Art.jpg

That's a static picture though. In the reveal you could clearly see the view-port to control the guided missile extend out the side, which could easily be what the bar is representing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GP said:

That's a static picture though. In the reveal you could clearly see the view-port to control the guided missile extend out the side, which could easily be what the bar is representing.

Correct, that's a static picture, but there's also the video where we saw it too. Both the picture and the video are missing the two inclines on the top. I can sort of see a ramp-ish part near the front of the gun, but the Mystery has little things sticking off the ramp area, which are also not on the gun. Also the rod isn't the camera part, I'll show you a picture from the video. It clearly shows that the camera comes up diagonally (and the movement in the video is only diagonal, not horizontal the entire time.)

Video for reference: 

 

Screenshot_2019-11-12_at_12.34.26.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, the mystery seems more like a gun rather than ammunition, at least to me there seems to be a gun stock and the rod looks like a handle of sorts.

Maybe it's some kind of mine launcher? Considering the decoded text "How to ensure they explode there, not here", a missile could miss the target, but a mine would be guaranteed to explode when the target steps on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Status: intact -- despite the destruction around me.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Try to keep the violence at acceptable levels.

 

Does this mean that Genesis could possibly have some multiplayer capabilities?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Status: intact -- despite the destruction around me.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Try to keep the violence at acceptable levels.

 

Does this mean that Genesis could possibly have some multiplayer capabilities?

I'm pretty sure that just means that the one player used it a lot to commit violence against the creatures.

I know they said they were doing crazy new stuff in Genesis, but multiplayer in Ark? Seriously? There's no way they're going to do something as absurd as adding multiplayer features to the dlc. Is there even one bit of evidence of multiplayer being in Genesis? Probably not. Because there won't be, it's crazy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

I'm pretty sure that just means that the one player used it a lot to commit violence against the creatures.

I know they said they were doing crazy new stuff in Genesis, but multiplayer in Ark? Seriously? There's no way they're going to do something as absurd as adding multiplayer features to the dlc. Is there even one bit of evidence of multiplayer being in Genesis? Probably not. Because there won't be, it's crazy.

Actually, it would be pretty fun. But we can always dream, like for Subnautica... x'D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lucraft said:

Actually, it would be pretty fun. But we can always dream, like for Subnautica... x'D

Maybe one day Ark will have multiplayer, but until then, I'll be-
Actually, no. It's never happening. Not until there's subnautica pvp and coop touhou, and even if that happens we still will not have multiplayer Ark.
Trust me on this: Multiplayer will NEVER happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Maybe one day Ark will have multiplayer, but until then, I'll be-
Actually, no. It's never happening. Not until there's subnautica pvp and coop touhou, and even if that happens we still will not have multiplayer Ark.
Trust me on this: Multiplayer will NEVER happen.

I trust you. WildCard would gain nothing by doing that, it'll simply be useless.

We'll never see things like pvp in a game like ARK. In more, people would hate the game for multiple reasons like mesh, overpowered creatures, raid offline, cheat and bugs, toxic players, misunderstanding due to different languages, abusive kids, crashs, FPS problems, things being unbalanced, crossbow that can't recharge, and I know there would be a lot more problems than just that... 

PvP is obviously the worst idea ever :)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Status: intact -- despite the destruction around me.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Try to keep the violence at acceptable levels.

 

Does this mean that Genesis could possibly have some multiplayer capabilities?

Clutching at straws? xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leebum said:

This thread is sounding strange now. A lot of sarcasm... A LOT

Not much new info to play with and no new ideas have popped up in my head recently. The thread naturally evolves into... that.

At least until someone thinks up something new.

5 minutes ago, Leebum said:

Clutching at straws? xD

Pretty sure he's gone insane or someone broke into his house to post from his pc. I'd call the police to check on him but I'm not sure where he is so whatever I guess.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PVP in subnautica (but ARK players). 2 tribes speeding towards each other on seaglides, suddenly one member of tribe A dismounts, pulls out stasis rifle and stuns his entire tribe from behind. he keeps stunning them until tribe B catches up and thermoblades his tribe. Tribe B: Thanks for insiding them for us, heres the coords to that mesh base location to get into the skybox, as promised.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NnjaChicken said:

PVP in subnautica (but ARK players). 2 tribes speeding towards each other on seaglides, suddenly one member of tribe A dismounts, pulls out stasis rifle and stuns his entire tribe from behind. he keeps stunning them until tribe B catches up and thermoblades his tribe. Tribe B: Thanks for insiding them for us, heres the coords to that mesh base location to get into the skybox, as promised.

Meanwhile, on the PVE server.

Player returns to base only to find 30 biters, 7 bonesharks, 8 sandsharks, 5 stalkers, 2 warpers, and a reaper leviathan, as well as another player watching from a distance. After getting killed and respawning inside, the player discovers that there is also a stalker glitched inside the base as well.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol I did not expect this to happen.

But seriously though, think about what a server in Genesis would be like, what with all they've teased...guided missiles and walking battle tanks and jump pads and ocean platforms and bloodstalkers and automatic shoulder cannons ripped straight from predator and OH GOD THE PRESSURE PLATE AND SECURITY SYSTEM.

It would be complete chaos.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:35 PM, Lucraft said:

I trust you. WildCard would gain nothing by doing that, it'll simply be useless.

We'll never see things like pvp in a game like ARK. In more, people would hate the game for multiple reasons like mesh, overpowered creatures, raid offline, cheat and bugs, toxic players, misunderstanding due to different languages, abusive kids, crashs, FPS problems, things being unbalanced, crossbow that can't recharge, and I know there would be a lot more problems than just that... 

PvP is obviously the worst idea ever :)

Oh god and what if there was also hordes and horde of duped meks slaughtering noobs and obliterating their bases on Extinction? Or the chance of logging back into a server only to find you've been beaten, abducted, and locked in a cage by an Alpha tribe? That would be terrible.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

lol I did not expect this to happen.

But seriously though, think about what a server in Genesis would be like, what with all they've teased...guided missiles and walking battle tanks and jump pads and ocean platforms and bloodstalkers and automatic shoulder cannons ripped straight from predator and OH GOD THE PRESSURE PLATE AND SECURITY SYSTEM.

It would be complete chaos.

Yea, it would be completely absurd. Imagine someone swinging around with a bloodstalker and a shoulder cannon just blasting everyone without even aiming. Or imagine just walking around and suddenly a guided missile turns to you.

5 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Oh god and what if there was also hordes and horde of duped meks slaughtering noobs and obliterating their bases on Extinction? Or the chance of logging back into a server only to find you've been beaten, abducted, and locked in a cage by an Alpha tribe? That would be terrible.

Or corrupted creatures getting dragged by someone else to your tek base and destroying it all while you're gone.

All good reasons that they didn't add multiplayer.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:49 PM, Leebum said:

Clutching at straws? xD

I mean, what with all they've teased, a Genesis multiplayer just sounds too absurd to be possible. Then again, Wildcard has never failed to add multiplayer for the other maps, regardless of how atrocious that multiplayer ends up being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if Genesis part one and two are actually both the exact same map, but part one gives us access to one half of the map's content, and part two gives us the other half. I mean, "Genesis part one" and "Genesis part two" don't exactly sound 100% right as names for individual maps, since none of the other maps are named like that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found that on the ARK wiki, it's pretty cool !

Ok, it's not part of the official story, but imagine if all of them were actually prototypes of the ones we know ? We could see Proto-ARKs that use these, instead of the classic one. It would be cool. Or even operational ARKs...

Now I want a modded map that use them. And I want this map to become official, since I'm on console. xD

But I'm almost sure you guys have already saw them and that I'm late...

Sebastian-kowoll-obelisk-shape-variations.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 1:33 PM, BlueIris2 said:

The Origin of the Arks?

So I was telling my husband (who’s never played ark) about how I’m not really sure if its aliens or what that puts you on the arks. I showed him what Rockwell Overseer looks like since he looks pretty alien XD. He has an interesting theory: 

“In ark the Rockwell overseer looks like roots and it made me think what if earth became self aware and had remembered everything that humans created. If the earth could will itself to more any part of itself and knew how to build by watching humans. If the earth could build on a grand scale and move materials from one part of the world to another and build the arks and brought humans to the ark and implanted a gem from a larger gem from its center giving earth a direct link to humans and letting them download information from the earth’s millions of years of watching humans creations be completed.”

 

I'm late, but yeah, your husband obviously never played ARK.

That's a good theorie on the philosophal side, but for the facts, just read the explorer's notes. He should become story writter though, I would buy what he write x)

Just read this thread entirely, and you'll probably understand what the story (or at least a part of it) actually is. So if you're still here, keep being curious and don't listen to those who says that it's a default: ARK's story, even if it's not what you said, is truly beautifull, and it deserve more attention :D

Edited by Lucraft
I forgot a phrase...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mysterious_Transmission10.gif

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.

[LOG_RECEIVE] It's hot -- "Outback hot," I'd say.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Understood, but report on the non-Outback aspects.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Validate using 4b72a8e6-c24c-4525-8257-5669bdacf6a6 for the next terminal entry.

 

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-10
[LOG_RECEIVE] Wheels and treads would melt here,
[LOG_RECEIVE] but native life adapts, as always.
[LOG_RECEIVE] With enough insulation and cooling, we adapt too.

 

I'm 100% sure that this is the Magmasaur saddle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Mysterious_Transmission10.gif

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.

[LOG_RECEIVE] It's hot -- "Outback hot," I'd say.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Understood, but report on the non-Outback aspects.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Validate using 4b72a8e6-c24c-4525-8257-5669bdacf6a6 for the next terminal entry.

 

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-10
[LOG_RECEIVE] Wheels and treads would melt here,
[LOG_RECEIVE] but native life adapts, as always.
[LOG_RECEIVE] With enough insulation and cooling, we adapt too.

 

I'm 100% sure that this is the Magmasaur saddle.

>accidently presses e while in the lava

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R6hTJJdkmQeQlnfcW1oCCtz-VHCIJC7GNFLA6C3HfoPVLoKOQhJ5-U0QginVD2fSCC8-16XDwwE5DYD5i-a_VJuV6FXAzbqy-zj__noJXzl6dzfFkUERw6JOqD9OrJ4OkJ1smyFqdgk

pU3M5h9oAucxl2_TR8jdFnkljB4Zdk2w-AaNH3OMjgVa1yv2t1ndda7DGh2EzkHQB4mXvXlJaaQCG27TWndygs9bs0SHXO1lGCrQnwWOqNLwibYnOohHJOYTnmakIq76eyk_9-shW8E

The Magmasaur saddle as it appears in the trailer. Looks like it's main body is a sort of walk-in fridge with a bunch of small fans and air conditioners on the outside. We can also see that the three leads at the end go over the Magmasaur's frill.

Also, just a random thought, how are supposed to get water in the lava region? 🤔

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...