ArkTheorist123

Ark Theories

This area we are in

Spoiler

is defo underneath the King Titan arena at the end of Extinction. We are waiting as she says "the Arrival is soon?" What does that mean? Interesting!

During the transmissions we got the clues that someone was coming as the COM Crunch was called "The Visitor" and we have received transmission from someone not Helena! :D so pumped for this lore developing!

Edited by Leebum

By slowing down the footage at 0:42 in the trailer you can see that this strange device we've been seeing for the past week and a half is located in some kind of (untextured) open room filled with diagonal pillars and some white light. Given that the device is also shown at the title card at the end of the trailer, it's clear this device is going to play some major role in Genesis. HLN-A herself is, obviously, a fragment of Helena Walker, and if I had to guess, I'd say that the "fragmented" part was her "emotional" one, or rather, the parts that wouldn't exactly be necessary for the tasks of a Homo Deus. The rest of Helena, it seems, is going off to contact other survivors and tell them the same things she told us.

As for story, here's what I've pieced together: Helena has brought us to the weird device and given us HLN-A, telling us that we must go through a series of tests. With HLN-A at our side, we visit a variety of different survival simulations. It seems each region will be a different mission, and each mission will involve us surviving until we can defeat a boss or something like that. After that, we are taken to the next region via the device. At the very end of the trailer, you can see some tek structure at the top and bottom of the cave passage, suggesting we may also encounter rare tek structures. Speaking of tek and element, according to https://www.pcgamer.com/ark-genesis-season-pass-everything-we-know/ : "There's also a small shoulder pet nicknamed Tiny. It's adorable until it gets its hands on some Element, one of Ark's resources, which makes it completely hulk out and turn into a vicious, rampaging multi-limbed fangbeast. Seems like just the kind of pet you'd like in your arsenal." Element is the keyword here, as it suggests these Genesis simulation locations have not been purged of element for some reason. We also know it's "bad" element since the thing the Tiny eats not glows purple at 0:54 in the trailer, but the Tiny transforms it into a beast once eaten, similar to what presumably happened with the titans on Extinction. Another interesting thing to think about is that Arat Prime is opposite of Extinction, Extinction is under the 3 ARKs Helena has influenced, and Helena says that the Genesis map/maps is/are "beyond my reach". In other words, the evidence suggests to me that these simulations may be located within Arat Prime, a place that, due to it's location, Helena may not have been able to access and monitor directly, hence a reason she made HLN-A. The simulations being in Arat Prime would explain why the simulations and device exist AT ALL, as they may have been used in the past as prototype ARKs. It could also explain why we saw little bits of tek a the end of the trailer.

As for the point of all this testing, it seems that Helena is training us for something, something she refers to in the trailer as "The arrival". I think it's pretty likely that what's "arriving" is Rockwell and the evils of the crashed Aberration ARK, which could be re-intoxicating the planet. If this theory about "The arrival" is true - and it does seem to be - then that would confirm that Genesis is a sequel to Extinction and not a prequel to it as some have suggested. But maybe, as one of the devs on the stream said, Genesis could begin in a way that doesn't pick up right where Extinction left off, but at a point where the influence of the crashed Aberration has begun to negatively effect the planet, weeks/months after Extinction's end. To recap, it seems that Helena is sending us and HLN-A to a series of survival simulations within Arat Prime in order to train us to fight Rockwell and Aberration. Part one could be the training, and part two could be the actual fight against Aberration.

We also have yet to meet this "new character" that Helena was talking to in the Communication Records, maybe he/she will play a part in Genesis's story?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2019 at 3:07 PM, ArkTheorist123 said:

That's one of the harder questions. In the hall of history, just before the Overseer Arena, you can see the drops being, well, dropped into the map from the ceiling. The thing is, there's no mention of the drops at any point during ANY of the explorer notes. This leads me to two possibilities:

1. The drops were always a part of the ARKs, but were just never mentioned in the explorer notes (VERY unlikely).

2. The drops were implemented by The One Who Waits to help us on our journey to eventually defeat the corruption.

As for the orbital supply drops on Extinction, well, those could have been launched from the ARKs by OWW.

I believe the bolded is our answer.  We are not given a reason to believe that the ARKs physical infrastructures have now been altered by TOWW, and the drop distribution systems are built directly into the ARK's overseer-observation platforms.  The explorer note authors were warriors or biologists, so I chalk the non-mention up to: they were concerned with documenting other things like plant and animal life, or targets of conquest and achievements.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

By slowing down the footage at 0:42 in the trailer you can see that this strange device we've been seeing for the past week and a half is located in some kind of (untextured) open room filled with diagonal pillars and some white light. Given that the device is also shown at the title card at the end of the trailer, it's clear this device is going to play some major role in Genesis. HLN-A herself is, obviously, a fragment of Helena Walker, and if I had to guess, I'd say that the "fragmented" part was her "emotional" one, or rather, the parts that wouldn't exactly be necessary for the tasks of a Homo Deus. The rest of Helena, it seems, is going off to contact other survivors and tell them the same things she told us.

As for story, here's what I've pieced together: Helena has brought us to the weird device and given us HLN-A, telling us that we must go through a series of tests. With HLN-A at our side, we visit a variety of different survival simulations. It seems each region will be a different mission, and each mission will involve us surviving until we can defeat a boss or something like that. After that, we are taken to the next region via the device. At the very end of the trailer, you can see some tek structure at the top and bottom of the cave passage, suggesting we may also encounter rare tek structures. Speaking of tek and element, according to https://www.pcgamer.com/ark-genesis-season-pass-everything-we-know/ : "There's also a small shoulder pet nicknamed Tiny. It's adorable until it gets its hands on some Element, one of Ark's resources, which makes it completely hulk out and turn into a vicious, rampaging multi-limbed fangbeast. Seems like just the kind of pet you'd like in your arsenal." Element is the keyword here, as it suggests these Genesis simulation locations have not been purged of element for some reason. We also know it's "bad" element since the thing the Tiny eats not glows purple at 0:54 in the trailer, but the Tiny transforms it into a beast once eaten, similar to what presumably happened with the titans on Extinction. Another interesting thing to think about is that Arat Prime is opposite of Extinction, Extinction is under the 3 ARKs Helena has influenced, and Helena says that the Genesis map/maps is/are "beyond my reach". In other words, the evidence suggests to me that these simulations may be located within Arat Prime, a place that, due to it's location, Helena may not have been able to access and monitor directly, hence a reason she made HLN-A. The simulations being in Arat Prime would explain why the simulations and device exist AT ALL, as they may have been used in the past as prototype ARKs. It could also explain why we saw little bits of tek a the end of the trailer.

As for the point of all this testing, it seems that Helena is training us for something, something she refers to in the trailer as "The arrival". I think it's pretty likely that what's "arriving" is Rockwell and the evils of the crashed Aberration ARK, which could be re-intoxicating the planet. If this theory about "The arrival" is true - and it does seem to be - then that would confirm that Genesis is a sequel to Extinction and not a prequel to it as some have suggested. But maybe, as one of the devs on the stream said, Genesis could begin in a way that doesn't pick up right where Extinction left off, but at a point where the influence of the crashed Aberration has begun to negatively effect the planet, weeks/months after Extinction's end. To recap, it seems that Helena is sending us and HLN-A to a series of survival simulations within Arat Prime in order to train us to fight Rockwell and Aberration. Part one could be the training, and part two could be the actual fight against Aberration.

We also have yet to meet this "new character" that Helena was talking to in the Communication Records, maybe he/she will play a part in Genesis's story?

Well, whatever it's, it makes me HYPE like never before ;). But I was thinking the same things than you before you said it: Helena try to train us, this DLC is at Arat Prime, it happens after the Extinction's events, there's always corruption etc... And I LOVE the HLN-A !! Anyway, we'll know more on the ARK's story in december (I hope xD) !! Keep going what you do, it's amazing !

• Like 1

Maybe “the arrival” could also be the origin of Element? Aliens that seeded Earth with the stuff, hoping it would terraform the place into a planet sized mine for them to use. 

Lo and behold, for some weird reason humans are still alive and kicking. “Oh hey, there’s this weird Rockwell entity we can use to actually complete the terraforming process...”

This is just a half assed theory from my still waking up brain, but honestly I’d be okay with if they never explain where Element really came from beyond “outer space stuff”. Some things just don’t need explaining. 

Edited by NoblePigeon
  • Like 3

On 8/13/2019 at 11:45 AM, ArkTheorist123 said:

Perhaps this “new character” is none other than the “Beast Queen” herself, Mei Yin. She’s one of the only surviving friends of Helena, and she is a full on warrior, and she hates Rockwell for killing the majority of her people in theTEK village where she lived on Aberration, making her a likely character.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TheRedDawg5 said:

Perhaps this “new character” is none other than the “Beast Queen” herself, Mei Yin. She’s one of the only surviving friends of Helena, and she is a full on warrior, and she hates Rockwell for killing the majority of her people in theTEK village where she lived on Aberration, making her a likely character.

What about Diana ? She is also alive with Mei Yin on Extinction since she was the first survivor brought back to life by TOWW. 

Her last note talks about heading off to Arrat Prime with Mei-Yin, so it does make sense, but the reason im saying that it is Diana instead of the Mei Yin, would be that Diana simply has more affinity for all of the tek stuff, thus making it more likely that it would be Diana, if we were to choose one of the two

EDIT:

Also if we take your reasons into account, they also would apply here, Diana is a soldier, she would probably hate Rockwell even more than the Mei Yin for killing most of the people in the TEK village, since Diana knew them since their verry arrival on Aberration.

Last but not least .... Rockwell literally was the cause of Dianas Death, so im quite sure she has a good motive too.

Edited by Fes
Forgot something
  • Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:49 AM, Silverflower1 said:

code on the side is “Unexpected PSN data detected.”

haven’t gotten the spinning ones on the beam yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjTl38Izptg

I was so caught up with the trailer and stuff I completely forgot about this until now.

According to the comments on this video, the yellow text reads "Unexpected PSN data detected", while the blue text reads "Reflection array online"(no word on the blue spinning text   : /). This seems to suggest that when the timer device primed, someone unexpectedly tried to send in another data packet through the communication line. I guess someone didn't want whatever was in this packet, hence why they brought the reflection array online to divert it. What was in the packet, who sent it, and who diverted it, I have no idea.

Another thing a want to bring up and just realized: On August 3rd I made a post in which I said I thought that in the "communication records", [LOG_TRANSMIT] and [LOG_RECEIVE] were what was appearing on person A/Helena's communication system, while the text by "gpg" was what was appearing on person B/The Visitor's communication system. However, looking back, specifically on this bit of dialogue:

SmartSelect_20190807-112733_Discord.jpg

...I now realize that [LOG_TRANSMIT] is more likely what Person A/Helena is sending through the communication network, [LOG_RECEIVE] is the messages she receives from Person B/The Visitor, and "gpg" is probably just what was automatically appearing on Person B/The Visitor's screen when Person A/Helena first made contact. Thought I just needed to correct myself there.

• Like 1

I think I physically cringed reading this. What the heck is Cedric talking about?

1. That note you referenced is NOT Helena's last SE note, that's her 29th out of 30.
  2. That excerpt from the note has literally NOTHING to do with an ascension.
  3. Ironically enough, Helena - in the same not you referenced, no less - does reference something related to an ascension - "The transporter that can take us back to the "control center" station is in the ruins of another city, south of the mountains. Wali believes that it was destroyed by the obelisks, just like the city in the southeast." She also references something related to ascension in her actual last SE note - "Having seen us through the ruins and safely to the platform, Wali has taken her leave."  Even Rockwell references it. In his last SE note, he says "I cannot wait to be rid of that glowering menace of a woman, this so called Wali al Aswad. I suspect the feeling is mutual. She has offered little in the way of farewells while seeing us to this ARK's entrance to the starlit sanctuary."   And no, the fact that they don't actually describe the ascension in SE doesn't prove Cedric's point either, since Rockwell does describe it in his first Aberration note - "I fear that even with the unwitting aid of Miss Walker, I still cannot completely control the machines in the starlit sanctuary. I believe they sent us to the correct ARK, but I was unable to control precisely where we arrived on it. Alas, that means the location I saw in the sanctuary is beyond my reach for the time being, along with the molten Edmunium I saw there. Confound it all!  Most importantly, HELENA AND ROCKWELL WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ON ABERRATION IF THEY DIDN'T INDEED ASCEND FROM SE!!!

"But you'd rather have that (SE ascension) over something that adds something functional to the game? BTW Scorched Ascension isn't happening. Just curious why you'd want this (SE ascension) over something else?", said Cedric. WHY?! - because ascensions DO add functionality to the game! Just because something in the game doesn't have to do with taming, dinos, or building, doesn't mean it has no functionality. In fact, the ascensions are crucial bridges between one map and another (except Extinction). If The Island didn't get an ascension, you would literally never know it led into SE! Likewise with Aberration. Without an ascension, SE just feels out of place, since all the other ARKs get an ascension, so why not SE?! Cedric, if a lot of the community is asking you to add a certain thing to the game, then there's probably a good reason for it, so don't just spout out random nonsense hoping it'll justify your claim.

Also, sorry if this had some formatting glitches : P

• Like 3

Mysterious_Transmission1.gif

The filename for this teaser is apparently "Mysterious_Transmission1", so I guess we'll most definitely get more teasers like this I the future. The code on the left says "Data Corruption detected", but I don't have enough time at the moment to translate the code on the right, so someone else will have to do that.

Edited by ArkTheorist123

20 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Mysterious_Transmission1.gif

The filename for this teaser is apparently "Mysterious_Transmission1", so I guess we'll most definitely get more teasers like this I the future. The code on the left says "Data Corruption detected", but I don't have enough time at the moment to translate the code on the right, so someone else will have to do that.

Yeahhhhhh...so, I tried to translate the text on the right, and all I got was random gibberish. Not sure if it was a mistake on my part. Has anyone else gotten a weird translation of that bit of text?

43 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Yeahhhhhh...so, I tried to translate the text on the right, and all I got was random gibberish. Not sure if it was a mistake on my part. Has anyone else gotten a weird translation of that bit of text?

I believe it was already decrypted by @mrdiablo which resulted into a new thread containing a new message:

• Thanks 1

Wow. I guess unlike creature teasers from other expansions, each Genesis teaser will have it's own mini-ARG attached to it. Here's the two new convos between Helena and The Visitor:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Well, here's a preview: I'm faring better than the "patients."
[LOG_TRANSMIT] That's not surprising.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] I'll look forward to your terminal entry using validation code 129d6915-b24e-4dec-963a-08fbde6cc6d6
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
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=gck6
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-01
[LOG_RECEIVE] The simulation is creating some doozies.
[LOG_RECEIVE] This lifeform is small but aggressive and really dangerous in large numbers.
[LOG_RECEIVE] They must have a weakness but nobody has figured it out.
[LOG_RECEIVE] ... at least I hope they have a weakness.

Those last five lines seem to both 100% prove that Genesis revolves around a simulation, and also suggest that while Helena and The Visitor can go into or out of the simulation and move around in it, they don't actually control it or anything it creates. Hence, it creates stuff like that...thing...in the first teaser. To me it kind of looks like a cross between a seeker, the Manticore and the Desert Titan. All we know for sure is that it 100% can fly. Also, as mentioned in the "Specimen Observation Record" forum, if you go into "Edit Profile", scroll to the bottom to the "Terminal Command Line" field (yes, its back), put in the code 129d6915-b24e-4dec-963a-08fbde6cc6d6 , and save, you will get the "Genesis Mysterious Mysteries 01" forum achievement. Grab yours now!

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:53 AM, ArkTheorist123 said:

Uh, guys, is this real?

So Epic Ark was getting a lot of skepticism in the comments of this first video, from me and even from Cedric (https://twitter.com/ComplexMinded/status/1176200340066037760). So to prove it was legit, he made this second video containing "raw footage" of a new image:

Here's where things get interesting: there a couple of other people both in the comments of the vids and on twitter that have reported seeing the same images! (https://twitter.com/Supertotoo/status/1176227974632345600) This leads me to believe that these images are indeed real. That being said, here's my take on the two current images:

First video's image (0:17):

I want to point out that the face doesn't look like the default female character face, meaning it might be an explorer we may meet face-to-face on Genesis, but who? Helena, as we know, appears in the trailer as mostly translucent with no discernible facial features, ruling her out. Mei-Yin also has a scar over one eye that she got when battling Nerva, as she says in her early Aberration notes, ruling her out also. That just leaves Diana, though she's depicted in the explorer notes as having longer hair (maybe she cut it?). Or maybe it's a completely new character (The Visitor?), who knows. Also, is it just me, or is there - in the mist image, just under the face - what looks like a satellite dish array? Is that related to Arat Prime?

Second video's image (6:38):

Epic ARK said this looks like some trilobite-looking creature. The background in the image sort of looks like those blue light patterns from the Genesis countdown. My best guess is that this is some kind of sneak-peek at a Genesis creature. As for why Ced tried to deny this was real, I guess he was either trying to draw attention away from it (for some reason), or maybe it's someone in Wildcard that's teasing Genesis without permission (something kind of similar happened back in August when the Genesis season pass was released on the PlayStation store a day BEFORE Genesis was officially announced).

I just find it funny that of all the ways Wildcard could have further teased Genesis, like updating HLN-A with some new voice lines, they chose THIS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

So Epic Ark was getting a lot of skepticism in the comments of this first video, from me and even from Cedric (https://twitter.com/ComplexMinded/status/1176200340066037760). So to prove it was legit, he made this second video containing "raw footage" of a new image:

Here's where things get interesting: there a couple of other people both in the comments of the vids and on twitter that have reported seeing the same images! (https://twitter.com/Supertotoo/status/1176227974632345600) This leads me to believe that these images are indeed real. That being said, here's my take on the two current images:

First video's image (0:17):

I want to point out that the face doesn't look like the default female character face, meaning it might be an explorer we may meet face-to-face on Genesis, but who? Helena, as we know, appears in the trailer as mostly translucent with no discernible facial features, ruling her out. Mei-Yin also has a scar over one eye that she got when battling Nerva, as she says in her early Aberration notes, ruling her out also. That just leaves Diana, though she's depicted in the explorer notes as having longer hair (maybe she cut it?). Or maybe it's a completely new character (The Visitor?), who knows. Also, is it just me, or is there - in the mist image, just under the face - what looks like a satellite dish array? Is that related to Arat Prime?

Second video's image (6:38):

Epic ARK said this looks like some trilobite-looking creature. The background in the image sort of looks like those blue light patterns from the Genesis countdown. My best guess is that this is some kind of sneak-peek at a Genesis creature. As for why Ced tried to deny this was real, I guess he was either trying to draw attention away from it (for some reason), or maybe it's someone in Wildcard that's teasing Genesis without permission (something kind of similar happened back in August when the Genesis season pass was released on the PlayStation store a day BEFORE Genesis was officially announced).

I just find it funny that of all the ways Wildcard could have further teased Genesis, like updating HLN-A with some new voice lines, they chose THIS.

I saw exactly one other person on that video claim it was real, and was unable to recreate it myself (even made sure hln-a was there just in case that mattered.) Since Ced says no, I couldn't see it, and you couldn't see it, only the video maker and one other person(with no proof) claims it was real, I'd say it's likely to be fake.

3 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Mysterious_Transmission2.gif

To me this looks like either some sort of sentry turret with cameras or just a camera.

We did quite a bit of talking about it on the community crunch that revealed it if you're interested in reading/joining that. Honestly I'm still not sure what I think it is.

• Like 1