23 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

...why did I fall for that?!?!

Haha yea, I thought the dodo would make it through too

17 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Don't forget the secret ascension code at 5:32 in the video (On the TEK brontosaurus' foot), which translates to "Heterocephalus."

This is a subtle nod to the next part of the Genesis saga, Genesis 2: Roll Rat's Revenge.

I'm ashamed to admit i hadn't even noticed the code

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Ok, in all reality I want more Tek Dinos.

Tek Thylaceo? YES PLEASE!

How about a Tek Pteranodon or a Tek Allosaurus? I. Want. More.

Also what da hecc is dis big boi hangin around in da dev kit for??

download.jpeg

That's the dodo we have to play basketball with.

We all thought we'd be playing basketball with a dodo as the ball, but dodo basketball actually meant playing basketball against the dodo.

Mere mortals stand no chance

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Ok, in all reality I want more Tek Dinos.

Tek Thylaceo? YES PLEASE!

How about a Tek Pteranodon or a Tek Allosaurus? I. Want. More.

Also what da hecc is dis big boi hangin around in da dev kit for??

download.jpeg

Been in Dev kit for years. Was a test I think for the overseer fight with the morphing process of the overseer

• Like 2

On 1/1/2020 at 1:52 PM, ArkTheorist123 said:

Welp, this is it: the month that Genesis releases. Let's just hope that they don't pull another ATLAS on us and delay it's release again.

On 1/1/2020 at 2:20 PM, LEDminer said:

In before we get a mysterious mysteries post with ascension code that translates to "Sorry, Genesis got delayed by another three months"

"Jesse and Jeremy here! We know things have been a bit quiet on Genesis news for the past few weeks, even though there is much more to show you, we’ve been deeply immersed in the pre-release development process. That being said, we’re writing today to tell you that the final release date for Genesis Part 1 is now February 25th, 2020 simultaneously on all platforms."

Called it. 

Edited by ArkTheorist123
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

Moving on... I wonder what that tek structure is supposed to be

The astroceti shown look absolutely beautiful though!

The bog picture has me slightly worried because I didn't notice the bloodstalker at first but maybe that's because I just woke up.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA THERE WERE TWO OF THEM THIS CANT BE HAPPENING
And while we're looking at the picture, they've confirmed sarcos, carbons, and pteranadons for the bog.

I'm also very impressed by their incredible Moeder boss strategy

Edited by TinyHippo
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Biomes

Go to the lunar biome section. Is the 

"Genesis introduces missions on the Lunar Biome such as Dodo Basketball and Bulbdog Basketball."

part true?

Yes, actually.

The devs talked about it and the difficulties of throwing dodos in low gravity in the ExtraLife stream after they explained the lunar biome.

4 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

It's an interesting structure, yea.

I think it was implied that this is where Helena and crew went to earlier where Helena read about the Reseed Protocol and Mei found the ascension crystal thing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

What was that you were saying?

1878143ddfeb51325c2f76cd4b1eb069_XL.jpg

Impressive trick, but you just activated his trap card!

Nameless, start tossing the dodos! Now!

2 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

But wait, there's no gravity in space, which means that dodos weight nothing. Therefore throwing them wouldn't develop your arm muscles much.

Wouldn't you want to do it in a place with high gravity, so your muscles are put under harder stress?

No no no, you don't get it.

It's the element in the air there. What happens is you throw dodos a bunch and then the element evolves you to be really good at throwing dodos.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Moving on... I wonder what that tek structure is supposed to be

The astroceti shown look absolutely beautiful though!

The bog picture has me slightly worried because I didn't notice the bloodstalker at first but maybe that's because I just woke up.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA THERE WERE TWO OF THEM THIS CANT BE HAPPENING
And while we're looking at the picture, they've confirmed sarcos, carbons, and pteranadons for the bog.

I'm also very impressed by their incredible Moeder boss strategy

Gen1_Bog.png

Gen1_EelBoss.png

Gen1_Lunar.png

Also, THOSE ARE FREAKING SURVIVORS ON EITHER SIDE OF THE MOEDER FOR SCALE!!! THAT THING IS EASILY AS BIG AS A TITANOSAUR!!!

As for the tek structure in the lunar biome, it's probably some sort of device left behind by the ancient humans that were there. To me it looks like a tower, and the circular bit spins. But I have no idea what it - 

OH.Oh.Oooohhhh... I just thought of something - the more at the circular bit, the more I think it looks eerily similar to the end of the tek device from the countdown - 9796925_ENDOFTEKDEVICE.thumb.png.908224878bc8b538a6a27449a4ea3d81.png

Obviously they don't look 100% alike, and we already know from the Genesis trailer that HLN-A teleports us around to move us between the different biomes, so we know that even if they were related, it wouldn't be to move us between biomes. But maybe their related in a different way? Like what if their's one of these towers in every biome and they never get explained but then at the end of Genesis they like link up or something and start this amazing event? I know that's far-fetched, but it would be interesting! 

Also, you can see what looks like a ring surrounding the planet in the lunar biome photo. To me that signifies that the lunar biome is indeed within the GenSim and we weren't teleported to the moon orbiting Earth or anything like that, since Earth doesn't have rings. And no, it can't just be a contrail from the astrocetus, it's way too long and isn't the right color.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Gen1_Bog.png

Gen1_EelBoss.png

Gen1_Lunar.png

Also, THOSE ARE FREAKING SURVIVORS ON EITHER SIDE OF THE MOEDER FOR SCALE!!! THAT THING IS EASILY AS BIG AS A TITANOSAUR!!!

As for the tek structure in the lunar biome, it's probably some sort of device left behind by the ancient humans that were there. To me it looks like a tower, and the circular bit spins. But I have no idea what it - 

OH.Oh.Oooohhhh... I just thought of something - the more at the circular bit, the more I think it looks eerily similar to the end of the tek device from the countdown - 9796925_ENDOFTEKDEVICE.thumb.png.908224878bc8b538a6a27449a4ea3d81.png

Obviously they don't look 100% alike, and we already know from the Genesis trailer that HLN-A teleports us around to move us between the different biomes, so we know that even if they were related, it wouldn't be to move us between biomes. But maybe their related in a different way? Like what if their's one of these towers in every biome and they never get explained but then at the end of Genesis they like link up or something and start this amazing event? I know that's far-fetched, but it would be interesting! 

Also, you can see what looks like a ring surrounding the planet in the lunar biome photo. To me that signifies that the lunar biome is indeed within the GenSim and we weren't teleported to the moon orbiting Earth or anything like that, since Earth doesn't have rings. And no, it can't just be a contrail from the astrocetus, it's way too long and isn't the right color.

Yea, I thought they looked oddly similar too, but I'm not so sure anymore. The rings looks like tek. The obelisk doesn't really have the same design feel as the usual tek stuff though, but I'm not sure how to explain it.
I think the best way to put it might be that normal tek looks kinda jagged or something. It doesn't have many smooth sides anywhere, there's lots of sharp edges on all the tek stuff. But the floating lunatek platform in the original astrocetus teaser for example was very round. The obelisk in question now also feels smoother than most of the tek stuff we've seen before.
If you ask me, it's some sort of teleporter. It picks up your data self and shoots you out through the circle to a receiving obelisk where you rematerialize.
I have no reason to believe this, but it's what I choose to believe.

And yea that's definitely a planet ring. I'd bet we're staying in the gen sim too, but consider that just because it's not over earth, doesn't mean it must be in the simulation. If I wanted to entertain the theory that we'd be leaving the simulation, then the lunar biome could easily be the moon of a different planet that we went to. There's no rule that says we have to stay at Earth

• Like 3

18 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Yea, I thought they looked oddly similar too, but I'm not so sure anymore. The rings looks like tek. The obelisk doesn't really have the same design feel as the usual tek stuff though, but I'm not sure how to explain it.
I think the best way to put it might be that normal tek looks kinda jagged or something. It doesn't have many smooth sides anywhere, there's lots of sharp edges on all the tek stuff. But the floating lunatek platform in the original astrocetus teaser for example was very round. The obelisk in question now also feels smoother than most of the tek stuff we've seen before.

And yea that's definitely a planet ring.

1. I know... It's... strange. Our Tek is jagged in glowing blue/grey sections that slide and transition. The top left of the Moon-Obelisk has a design simple to one of the ARK pillars. Maybe this ties in to the "Better Tek theory" we had about the giant war. Example:

The Tek Rifle is "Jagged" with a grey/blue color, whereas the Tek Guided Missile is a lot smoother with orange/grey colors.

BUT... The Tek shoulder cannon seems to have the design we are used to. Same with the Jump Pad.

2. I dunno, I thought that the "Ring" was a streak effect left by the moving astrocetus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

1. I know... It's... strange. Our Tek is jagged in glowing blue/grey sections that slide and transition. The top left of the Moon-Obelisk has a design simple to one of the ARK pillars. Maybe this ties in to the "Better Tek theory" we had about the giant war. Example:

The Tek Rifle is "Jagged" with a grey/blue color, whereas the Tek Guided Missile is a lot smoother with orange/grey colors.

BUT... The Tek shoulder cannon seems to have the design we are used to. Same with the Jump Pad.

2. I dunno, I thought that the "Ring" was a streak effect left by the moving astrocetus.

Jagged is a good word to describe it, yea. The lunatek doesn't have the jagged look at all.

Naturally, if there's a place that has lunatek that we can access with normal tek...

I just had an idea about the nature of the Genesis Simulation, but it might take longer to type out than I want to spend for now, so I'll say something later.

Anyway, we can assume that if we have tek, and we go somewhere with lunatek, there'll be both tek and lunatek there, so there being new stuff for both kinds doesn't surprise me much.

And I agree that it's strange to see a non-grey non-energy color on tek like that. I can't think of any other item so far that has that by default actually.

2. I'm fairly certain it's a planetary ring. It curves perfectly around the planet, and I think we saw a ring earlier too.

• Like 2