On 11/4/2019 at 1:33 PM, BlueIris2 said:

The Origin of the Arks?

So I was telling my husband (who’s never played ark) about how I’m not really sure if its aliens or what that puts you on the arks. I showed him what Rockwell Overseer looks like since he looks pretty alien XD. He has an interesting theory: 

“In ark the Rockwell overseer looks like roots and it made me think what if earth became self aware and had remembered everything that humans created. If the earth could will itself to more any part of itself and knew how to build by watching humans. If the earth could build on a grand scale and move materials from one part of the world to another and build the arks and brought humans to the ark and implanted a gem from a larger gem from its center giving earth a direct link to humans and letting them download information from the earth’s millions of years of watching humans creations be completed.”

I'm late, but yeah, your husband obviously never played ARK.

That's a good theorie on the philosophal side, but for the facts, just read the explorer's notes. He should become story writter though, I would buy what he write x)

Just read this thread entirely, and you'll probably understand what the story (or at least a part of it) actually is. So if you're still here, keep being curious and don't listen to those who says that it's a default: ARK's story, even if it's not what you said, is truly beautifull, and it deserve more attention :D

Edited by Lucraft
I forgot a phrase...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mysterious_Transmission10.gif

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.

[LOG_RECEIVE] It's hot -- "Outback hot," I'd say.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Understood, but report on the non-Outback aspects.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Validate using 4b72a8e6-c24c-4525-8257-5669bdacf6a6 for the next terminal entry.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-10
[LOG_RECEIVE] Wheels and treads would melt here,
[LOG_RECEIVE] but native life adapts, as always.
[LOG_RECEIVE] With enough insulation and cooling, we adapt too.

I'm 100% sure that this is the Magmasaur saddle.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Mysterious_Transmission10.gif

[LOG_RECEIVE] It's hot -- "Outback hot," I'd say.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Understood, but report on the non-Outback aspects.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Validate using 4b72a8e6-c24c-4525-8257-5669bdacf6a6 for the next terminal entry.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-10
[LOG_RECEIVE] Wheels and treads would melt here,
[LOG_RECEIVE] but native life adapts, as always.
[LOG_RECEIVE] With enough insulation and cooling, we adapt too.

I'm 100% sure that this is the Magmasaur saddle.

>accidently presses e while in the lava

• Haha 2

R6hTJJdkmQeQlnfcW1oCCtz-VHCIJC7GNFLA6C3HfoPVLoKOQhJ5-U0QginVD2fSCC8-16XDwwE5DYD5i-a_VJuV6FXAzbqy-zj__noJXzl6dzfFkUERw6JOqD9OrJ4OkJ1smyFqdgk

pU3M5h9oAucxl2_TR8jdFnkljB4Zdk2w-AaNH3OMjgVa1yv2t1ndda7DGh2EzkHQB4mXvXlJaaQCG27TWndygs9bs0SHXO1lGCrQnwWOqNLwibYnOohHJOYTnmakIq76eyk_9-shW8E

The Magmasaur saddle as it appears in the trailer. Looks like it's main body is a sort of walk-in fridge with a bunch of small fans and air conditioners on the outside. We can also see that the three leads at the end go over the Magmasaur's frill.

Also, just a random thought, how are supposed to get water in the lava region? ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

The Magmasaur saddle as it appears in the trailer. Looks like it's main body is a sort of walk-in fridge with a bunch of small fans and air conditioners on the outside. We can also see that the three leads at the end go over the Magmasaur's frill.

"Uh, sir, how are we supposed to get through this lava?"
>"Why can't you just go through it?"
"Well, it's pretty hot you see"
>"Well then just bring a fan with you and stop complaining already."

Makes sense if you ask me.

10 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Also, just a random thought, how are supposed to get water in the lava region? ?

Magic.

More realistically, there'll probably be wells like on scorched earth. Possibly also a new electrical/tek machine which gathers water from the air.

• Like 2

I want to talk about these vids Epic ARK made about the mysterious images again, the above video in particular. While I was analyzing the Genesis stream reveal trailers again to see if there was anything I missed, I realized that...I don't think the vids are fake. The image in the above video has a striking resemblance to something from the lunar biome reveal trailer. In the trailer, in the upper right-hand corner, behind the astroceti, you can see a group of small boulders floating out in space. The Image in the vid above also has a group of small boulders. If that wasn't enough, here's the two images side-by-side:

image.thumb.png.5725a174ca8cdd58a3ef0aca6264b8bb.png

I mean...if he did fake the vids and this is just a coincidence, it's got to be a pretty insane one. I mean, there's no way he could have known about the lunar biome weeks and weeks before it was revealed.

• Like 1

Another thing I noticed when watching the trailers again was the presence of not one, but two mysterious tek structures. The first one appears in the Magmasaur trailer, at 0:22 when it briefly cuts to the survivor sitting in the Magmasaur saddle, you can see it far off in the background. The other one appears in the lunar biome trailer, just underneath the astroceti. What exactly could those be for, if not decoration? Could Genesis have a small set of explorer notes that can be found at these structures? Could they give clues to Genesis's past? Do we need to visit them to make progress?

btw I took screenshots of them but the files were apparently too big for me to post them here. You'll just have to find them by actualy watching the trailers :P

15 minutes ago, WarpSpasm said:

Like the water vaporators on tattooine in star wars? 

Yea, like that.

7 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Another thing I noticed when watching the trailers again was the presence of not one, but two mysterious tek structures. The first one appears in the Magmasaur trailer, at 0:22 when it briefly cuts to the survivor sitting in the Magmasaur saddle, you can see it far off in the background. The other one appears in the lunar biome trailer, just underneath the astroceti. What exactly could those be for, if not decoration? Could Genesis have a small set of explorer notes that can be found at these structures? Could they give clues to Genesis's past? Do we need to visit them to make progress?

btw I took screenshots of them but the files were apparently too big for me to post them here. You'll just have to find them by actualy watching the trailers :P

Interesting.

I could see the one in the lunar biome, but not the one in the magmasaur video. It doesn't look tek-ish at all honestly; it's a completely new design, not related to anything we've seen before. Very interesting.

I have a few theories here-

Genesis P1: Training to beat the snot outta Mr. Burly Purple in a simulation corrupted/tampered with by an outside force.

Genesis P2: Beating Mr. Burly Purple. Shall we mesh our way to victory?  Can we AdminCheat our worries away? All jokes aside, this will be the biggest baddest fight in all of ARK. 

Also things I've noticed: Why are there aberration creatures in genesis? To train us? And someone had to create the simulation- Who? Helena? Homo Dues? Dues Piratica? Mum?

Anyways, If you're wondering who I am, just call me ATA or Lime. I'm here to give you theories, memes and jokes. I've been reading these theory threads for quite a bit now, and I'm very happy to join the community. Cya on the flipside- and if you want more info abut me, just check my profile. Happy Surviving!

download.jpeg

• Like 2

Mysterious_Transmission11.gif

[LOG_RECEIVE] Production rising as fast as supplies allow.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] As expected. That's basic economics.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] The code to validate your next terminal entry is 0eee207c-6749-40a2-ab9c-e22ad181f694.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-11
[LOG_RECEIVE] No matter how efficient your production, there's always a limiting factor,
[LOG_RECEIVE] Often, the limit is the raw materials available. 
[LOG_RECEIVE] But if you harvest fast enough, that limit evaporates.

This is the mining drill.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Also things I've noticed: Why are there aberration creatures in genesis? To train us? And someone had to create the simulation- Who? Helena? Homo Dues? Dues Piratica? Mum?

First, where did you see Aberration creatures in Genesis? Second, the whole point of us being in the simulation is apparently for HLN-A to train us for...something. Third, the 7th Genesis chronicles note states the following:

"I just discovered something curious. The minds that made the Arks used them to test some of the critters that you’ll find in the Genesis simulation. My scanner tells me that an immense lizard with an internal bio-furnace was tested here.

They don’t have that creature on this Ark anymore -- we’d see the scorch marks if they did. But they tested the fire lizard here before you survivors came along. I wonder why they decided to have them only in the simulation?"

With this knowledge, we can infer that the Genesis simulation was created by the ancient humans around the same time the ARKs were. But for what purpose, we don't know at the moment.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Now that I think of it, the name of the Genesis chronicles skins, "Corrupted avatar", could mean that the skin is the avatar we will be playing as in the simulation, but with some errors that make it appear broken and holographic.

Image result for ark corrupted avatar

Or maybe... 

Ok, so Rockwell is an Overseer, right ? Maybe the entire Genesis simulation IS the system ARK. Think about it. A place where the Homo deus would interact with each other, while their Overseer body is auto-protecting the ARK... Because y'know, there must be a sort of Internet to maintain the ARKs together. A really high-tech Internet...

If this is true -which I hope is the case-, then Rockwell would have access to this system. And if he can get in, he can corrupt it... Perhaps the goal of Genesis is to kill Rockwell from the inside, since we can't kill him from the outside due to him reviving when he's in liquid Element.

So this skin might be a human, or a Homo deus -who is technically human- corrupted ! Well at least it makes sense to me. Let me know what you think of this, I feel like I'm on something there... Unless you can prove me it's impossible xD

Image result for ark genesis chronicles

So what if this crystal in the Genesis chronicles logo is of some sort of fuel or power source for the simulation itself? Or is it the simulation's equivalent of artifacts, and we have to collect them in order to fight a boss? Or maybe it's some sort of trophy that we can collect after fighting a boss, and collecting a certain amount will enable us to fight a final boss?

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 6:22 PM, Lucraft said:

Or maybe... 

Ok, so Rockwell is an Overseer, right ? Maybe the entire Genesis simulation IS the system ARK. Think about it. A place where the Homo deus would interact with each other, while their Overseer body is auto-protecting the ARK... Because y'know, there must be a sort of Internet to maintain the ARKs together. A really high-tech Internet...

If this is true -which I hope is the case-, then Rockwell would have access to this system. And if he can get in, he can corrupt it... Perhaps the goal of Genesis is to kill Rockwell from the inside, since we can't kill him from the outside due to him reviving when he's in liquid Element.

So this skin might be a human, or a Homo deus -who is technically human- corrupted ! Well at least it makes sense to me. Let me know what you think of this, I feel like I'm on something there... Unless you can prove me it's impossible xD

Well, Helena can't come with us into Genesis- So I assume no Homo Deus can- but wait... We are Homo Deus, aren't we? We literally killed the king of death himself. But another thing, this apparently doesn't happen right after extinction, but it "Lines up pretty well". But wait AGAIN- Maybe Helena CAN come with us but doesn't want to, as she states "Others need me" but then YET AGAIN she states that "your path leads beyond my reach."... So many ideas, so little time... 

• Thanks 1

Time to dissect a post

5 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Well, Helena can't come with us into Genesis- So I assume no Homo Deus can- but wait... We are Homo Deus, aren't we? We literally killed the king of death himself. But another thing, this apparently doesn't happen right after extinction, but it "Lines up pretty well". But wait AGAIN- Maybe Helena CAN come with us but doesn't want to, as she states "Others need me" but then YET AGAIN she states that "your path leads beyond my reach."... So many ideas, so little time... 

>Well, Helena can't come with us into Genesis
Correct

>So I assume no Homo Deus can
Not a great assumption. There are plenty of places in the world that some people can go to while others can't. Maybe homo deus need a sort of digital key to access the Genesis Simulation. This would result in anyone who doesn't know the password/have the key/whatever can't get in, while all the other homo deus can. It's entirely possible that all the other deus have the key and Helena doesn't since no one told her what it was and there's no one left for to her ask.
On the other hand, Rockwell, despite being similarly young for a "deus" could have corrupted an older deus that does know how to get in to find out, this would allow every deus except for Helena into the simulation.

>We are Homo Deus, aren't we?
No, we aren't. We're 'just' humans.

>We literally killed the king of death himself.
Also not really correct. We killed the King Titan, who was the king of corruption. It was very good at causing death, but not exactly the king of death. Corruption's primary purpose was to spread; this frequently caused death but as death was not its goal, I don't think 'king of death' is a proper title.
You could say that Helena dethroned the king of death when she got resurrection working for the humans, but after Reseed the resurrection is turned off so the king of death is sitting smugly on his seat once again.

>But another thing, this apparently doesn't happen right after extinction, but it "Lines up pretty well."
Figuring out the timeline here is a bit tricky. There are a few signs pointing to it being after we reach Aberration but before we reach Earth, but I found a flaw with that earlier (I can't remember what it was though >.<) so I'm not really sure about that anymore. 

>Maybe Helena CAN come with us but doesn't want to
She can't, because
>she states that "your path leads beyond my reach."
If she could but chose not to, then it would not be 'beyond her reach.'

• Like 2