Genesis stream showcase: Ocean platform

That "dock" structure from the 6th mysterious transmission. As it turns out, it's actually stationary, essentially a floating island. It has a large open space in the middle for either more foundations or a pen for sea creatures. The platform comes in two variants - the smaller wooden version or the bigger metal version.

Dossier_Wooden_Ocean_Platform_Torn.gifOcean Platform Concept Art.jpg

(Note: top picture shows wooden version, bottom one shows metal version)

• Like 1

Genesis stream showcase: Tek Remote Guided Missile and Tek cruise launcher

These are pretty self-explanatory: shoot the missile from the launcher, get put into missile-vision, guide missile to target (creatures will be highlighted), kill/destroy target.

Tek Remote Guided Missile Concept Art.jpgDossier_Tek_Cruise_Launcher_Torn.gif

(Note: I'm not actually 100% sure if the missile launcher is the same item from mysterious transmission #5 pictured above, but they do look kind of similar)

Edited by ArkTheorist123
  • Like 1

Genesis stream showcase: Pressure plate, Tek alarm system, and Tek jump pad

All three of these items are customizable. The pressure plate can be linked to "other items, like traps etc", which I assume could be stuff like doors or automatic turrets. For example, if a player tries to infiltrate your base and steps on the plate, it will trigger the doors to close/lock and the turrets to target the infiltrator. The plate can also be adjusted so that it triggers when only certain things step on it. The tek alarm system, or that "sentry" from the 2nd mysterious mystery, is similar, but it doesn't need to be stepped on, it can just detect the infiltrator from a great distance. It also has a trigger radius that can be customized from the size to the shape. Finally, the tek jump pad is exactly what it sounds like. You can also change the angle on it from which you will bounce.

Dossier_Tek_Alarm_System_Torn.gif

Tek Alarm System and Pressure Plate Concept Art.jpgTek Jump Pad Concept Art.jpg

It's literally almost midnight for me I'll just do the rest of the reveals in the morning  :P

Edited by ArkTheorist123
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Genesis stream showcase: Magmasaur

The Magmasaur is another creature seen in the trailer. This creature is a bit more simple: It can eat literally anything, but stuff like oil, gas, and propellant will satiate it more. The Magmasaur can then take this food and if necessary turn it into fiery projectiles that it shoots out of it's back (at the cost of some food). The saddle for it doubles as a heat shield, protecting the rider from the extreme heat of the volcanic hellscape and enabling them to ride the Magmasaur through lava. Finally, when raw metal is put in the Magmasaur's inventory it gets converted into ingots.

There are, however, two cons to owning one: One, feeding the Magmasaur may take an extreme amount of resources. Two, the efficiency of the above features depends on the state of the Magmasaurs "internal forge". If the Magmasaur is near lava (overcharged forge), for example, it will smelt metal more efficiently and will receive a buff to it's stats, but will also inadvertently damage anything that comes too close to it, like other tames or the player (unless they are inside the saddle). If it's near water or rain (undercharged forge), on the other hand, it will become incredibly weak and will not be able to use any of it's features. In short, taming it will mean you'll have to manage it constantly.

Riding through lava now? I wonder what we'll find inside a volcano

I also wonder if taming it will be done from eggs like wyverns and drakes or feeding them fuel while it's raining.

7 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Genesis stream showcase: Ocean platform

That "dock" structure from the 6th mysterious transmission. As it turns out, it's actually stationary, essentially a floating island. It has a large open space in the middle for either more foundations or a pen for sea creatures. The platform comes in two variants - the smaller wooden version or the bigger metal version.

Ocean Platform Concept Art.jpg

(Note: top picture shows wooden version, bottom one shows metal version)

This one is going to be fun for sure.

One minor nitpick though, the smaller one on the bottom is just a cutout version of the upper one that also has details (rust) added on, so the bottom one will probably be what it looks like in game. You can tell it's not the wooden one because the wooden one has nets.

• Like 1

Genesis stream showcase: Fishing net

Swing it like a bola and launch it at fish to capture them, then reel it in to get an amount of meat that depends on the amount of fish caught and their size. The more fish you catch per load, however, the harder it becomes to reel it in, with a possibility the fish may even escape. There is also a chance you will catch some low-tier loot.

Dossier_Fishing_Net_Torn.gifFishing Net Concept Art.jpg

Edited by ArkTheorist123
  • Like 1

Genesis stream showcase: Mining drill

A super-harvester that runs on gasoline. Clicking and holding the fire button will enable you to harvest large quantities of resources from trees, rocks, corpses, etc. Holding down the button for too long, however, will cause it to overheat and become useless for a short time, and also damage it's durability.

Mining Drill Concept Art.jpg

• Like 2

Genesis stream showcase: Tek shoulder cannon

An element-fueled tek cannon that goes on your shoulder. It can be equipped via the shied slot and is compatible with all other armor. It can be enabled/disabled via an option in the interact menu and once activated can have it's preferences changed via whistling as if it were a creature. It also can have it's preferences changed as if it were an automatic turret. It will automatically detect enemies that the player cannot. It comes in three modes: a standard-fire mode, a rapid-fire mode that causes the thing to overheat when used for too long, and a sniper mode. The normal and sniper modes are quite slow, though.

Dossier_Tek_Shoulder_Cannon_Torn.gifTek Shoulder Cannon Concept Art.jpg

(Note: this is another item that resembles the thing from mysterious transmission #5)

• Like 2

Genesis stream showcase: Bloodstalker

That "Hexapod" creature from the 4th mysterious mystery, the bloodstalker is a giant spider-like creature that can shoot webs to either trap prey and reel them in so it can drink its blood, or swing from surface to surface like a living grappling hook. He can float while falling, walk on water, give a boost to the vision of it's rider to help find targets, and can climb on walls. If a player pulls out a weapon while riding it, the bloodstalker will go into "sentry mode", where it stands upright to help the player aim better. The only disadvantage I see is probably the process the getting it on your side, since it could probably very well use those same features against you.

Dossier Bloodstalker Torn.gifBloodstalker Concept Art.jpgBloodstalker Image.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

that can shoot webs to either trap prey and reel them in so it can drink its blood, or swing from surface to surface like a living grappling hook. He can float while falling, walk on water, give a boost to the vision of it's rider to help find targets, and can climb on walls.

I have seen people asking for some of these abilities to be added to the araneo in a tlc. It's nice to think that the devs may have seen those suggestions and gone one step further with the idea.

There's a freakin' lunar biome... God, I didn't expect that. With space whales and low gavity and space and all that stuff... That's too much for me. HYPE OVERLOAD. No seriously, I'm so so SO happy, this biome's gonna be AMAZING ! This DLC will definitely be better than Extinction, and by far, imo. On the other hand, I hope they have a good explanation for this biome, because... yeah that's strange. I just hope they won't just say ''Oh it's a simulation and here's why it's so incredible''. It would piss me off x) 

• Like 3

Genesis stream showcase (last one!): Lunar biome and Astrocetus

The lunar biome is a group of space rocks that has low gravity and oxygen vents the survivor needs to survive since the biome has a low atmosphere. The vents can also be used to launch yourself into...space, much like the geysers from Extinction's desert dome. It's day-night cycle is like Aberration's, but with a less...gradual shift into fiery chaos. Of course, there will be safe havens for this event, like rocks or spires. My word of advice is if it's blocking the sun, it's safe to hide behind to avoid melting.

The Astrocetus is a space whale that travels in groups and can teleport, even as a group, via a sort of bubble. If you manage to tame one or several (taming them is no easy feat, they are few and of an alpha tier), you can use this teleportation ability to your advantage. One of their attacks is a tail whip. Their saddle comes with 3 ball turrets, turning the creature into a bomber. Finally, you can jump/walk on them like the desert titan.

I believe at one point they also said they designed a mission that involved playing vero-gravity basketball with bulbdogs XD

Aaaand that is the last reveal from the stream. You can watch the full reveals recap and breakdown here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/503477992

Also, I can't be the only person who thinks the lunar biome looks like Xen from Black Mesa ( https://cdn1-www.gamerevolution.com/assets/uploads/2018/11/Black-Mesa-Xen.jpg ), right?

Edited by ArkTheorist123
  • Like 2

I was only able to watch a little bit of the stream, so thank you very much for these by the way!

3 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Genesis stream showcase: Tek shoulder cannon

An element-fueled tek cannon that goes on your shoulder. It can be equipped via the shied slot and is compatible with all other armor. It can be enabled/disabled via an option in the interact menu and once activated can have it's preferences changed via whistling as if it were a creature. It also can have it's preferences changed as if it were an automatic turret. It will automatically detect enemies that the player cannot. It comes in three modes: a standard-fire mode, a rapid-fire mode that causes the thing to overheat when used for too long, and a sniper mode. The normal and sniper modes are quite slow, though.

Dossier_Tek_Shoulder_Cannon_Torn.gifTek Shoulder Cannon Concept Art.jpg

(Note: this is another item that resembles the thing from mysterious transmission #5)

I want this so badly. You can not imagine how much I want to have a cool shoulder cannon. You can not imagine how much I want this. It's not possible.

2 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Genesis stream showcase: Bloodstalker

That "Hexapod" creature from the 4th mysterious mystery, the bloodstalker is a giant spider-like creature that can shoot webs to either trap prey and reel them in so it can drink its blood, or swing from surface to surface like a living grappling hook. He can float while falling, walk on water, give a boost to the vision of it's rider to help find targets, and can climb on walls. If a player pulls out a weapon while riding it, the bloodstalker will go into "sentry mode", where it stands upright to help the player aim better. The only disadvantage I see is probably the process the getting it on your side, since it could probably very well use those same features against you.

Dossier Bloodstalker Torn.gifBloodstalker Concept Art.jpgBloodstalker Image.jpg

ACTUALLY WAIT I want this too. Both of them. These things are cool and I can't wait to play with them! Imagine swinging around, grabbing things between swings, and letting your shoulder-cannon destroy them as you keep flying

Genesis stream showcase: Biome-specific reskins

There will be volcanic, snow, bog, and ocean variants for the normal creatures.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Genesis#/media/File:Biome-Specific_Reskins_Concept_Art.jpg (actual image wasn't pasting for some reason :P )

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You also can't imagine how long I've wanted this. Actually, nevermind that, you can, since you can assume it's been as long as I've had the game.

AND the concept art that's there now looks cool, I like it!

Genesis stream showcase: Moeder

An ocean-based mother eel mini-boss that resides in an ocean cave. You will have to fight her projectile-shooting baby eels to get to her. The fight itself apparently involves a light of cool light effects.

Moeder Concept Art.jpg

A """""""""""""mini-boss""""""""""""" hmm?
I can't explain exactly why, but something about it just doesn't seem like a mini boss...
Perhaps it's because of how utterly massive that thing is and how "mini" doesn't fit it at all? I should keep searching for answers.

Seriously though I can't wait to fight that

And those eels stand no chance, I can't be hit by any projectile. It's impossible. Bring it on!

1 hour ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Genesis stream showcase (last one!): Lunar biome and Astrocetus

The lunar biome is a group of space rocks that has low gravity and oxygen vents the survivor needs to survive since the biome has a low atmosphere. The vents can also be used to launch yourself into...space, much like the geysers from Extinction's desert dome. It's day-night cycle is like Aberration's, but with a less...gradual shift into fiery chaos. Of course, there will be safe havens for this event, like rocks or spires. My word of advice is if it's blocking the sun, it's safe to hide behind to avoid melting.

The Astrocetus is a space whale that travels in groups and can teleport, even as a group, via a sort of bubble. If you manage to tame one or several (taming them is no easy feat, they are few and of an alpha tier), you can use this teleportation ability to your advantage. One of their attacks is a tail whip. Their saddle comes with 3 ball turrets, turning the creature into a bomber. Finally, you can jump/walk on them like the desert titan.

I believe at one point they also said they designed a mission that involved playing vero-gravity basketball with bulbdogs XD

Aaaand that is the last reveal from the stream. You can watch the full reveals recap and breakdown here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/503477992

Also, I can't be the only person who thinks the lunar biome looks like Xen from Black Mesa ( https://cdn1-www.gamerevolution.com/assets/uploads/2018/11/Black-Mesa-Xen.jpg ), right?

Huh?

I'm sorry, what?

>rewatches trailer for the 4th time

I'M SORRY WHAT

Can't wait to play Genesis! So many cool new things coming in!

• Like 3

Genesis stream showcase: Biome-specific reskins

There will be volcanic, snow, bog, and ocean variants for the normal creatures.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Genesis#/media/File:Biome-Specific_Reskins_Concept_Art.jpg (actual image wasn't pasting for some reason :P )

Also:
Allo confirmed for volcano

Saber in the snow

Tape in space

Spino and parasaur in the bog

Not sure where the paracer and raptor are though.

BIGGER ALSO:

The fact that we have a lunar biome with lunar creatures means that they probably plan on playing around with the moon at some point in the future. The real, non simulation moon. After all, the simulation must have a purpose (even if we aren't 100% sure what the exact purpose is) so they wouldn't throw in random things that have no basis in (Ark) reality.

1 hour ago, Lucraft said:

I hope they have a good explanation for this biome, because... yeah that's strange. I just hope they won't just say ''Oh it's a simulation and here's why it's so incredible''. It would piss me off x) 

4 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

The fact that we have a lunar biome with lunar creatures means that they probably plan on playing around with the moon at some point in the future. The real, non simulation moon. After all, the simulation must have a purpose (even if we aren't 100% sure what the exact purpose is) so they wouldn't throw in random things that have no basis in (Ark) reality.

Now for a bit more lore-based stuff...

From what we can tell, the simulation includes at least a volcanic, ocean, snow, bog, and lunar biome. The lunar biome is the most interesting one to me. As the devs briefly mention in the stream ( 0:38 in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wDHW8Il9ng), the lunar biome isn't just some random group of rocks, but the remains of a "broken moon" orbiting some planet. Hmmm, now where have we seen a broken moon before?See the source image

Obviously I don't think the lunar biome we play isn't in the simulation, since the planet shown in the trailer looks more like a gas giant than Earth, but it's an eerie coincidence considering that we've seen a broken moon throughout pretty much the entire game, from the Island to Extinction. There's also the fact that nearly every other biome has some "real-life" equivalent. Surely the humans that originally created the simulation wouldn't make this biome for no reason, nor would Helena send us there for no reason?

So, here are my ideas: One, the Genesis simulation may have originally been designed by humans to simulate the effects of element on different environments, including moons. This would kind of explain the Ferox, a creature that pretty much lives just to consume element. It would also sort of explain why there's element in the simulation in the first place and why everything from the creatures to the plants look so mutated (if faulty coding in the age-old simulation isn't to blame).

Two, if that first point is correct, corruption may have reached the moon and could be the reason why the moon is destroyed, hence the reasoning behind the broken moon simulation with the seemingly corruption-mutated creatures - the humans were there when it reached the moon, and wanted to simulate the effects. You could say that the broken moon in the current game doesn't have any purple spots on it, but then again corrupted Earth never did either.  If this is true, does it mean that corruption drains it's host planet of life until it breaks apart? Because if so, then Earth got lucky.

The only question I can't answer is why Helena is sending us to the lunar biome of all things. Is it something to do with the arrival?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Now for a bit more lore-based stuff...

From what we can tell, the simulation includes at least a volcanic, ocean, snow, bog, and lunar biome. The lunar biome is the most interesting one to me. As the devs briefly mention in the stream ( 0:38 in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wDHW8Il9ng), the lunar biome isn't just some random group of rocks, but the remains of a "broken moon" orbiting some planet. Hmmm, now where have we seen a broken moon before?See the source image

Obviously I don't think the lunar biome we play isn't in the simulation, since the planet shown in the trailer looks more like a gas giant than Earth, but it's an eerie coincidence considering that we've seen a broken moon throughout pretty much the entire game, from the Island to Extinction. There's also the fact that nearly every other biome has some "real-life" equivalent. Surely the humans that originally created the simulation wouldn't make this biome for no reason, nor would Helena send us there for no reason?

So, here are my ideas: One, the Genesis simulation may have originally been designed by humans to simulate the effects of element on different environments, including moons. This would kind of explain the Ferox, a creature that pretty much lives just to consume element. It would also sort of explain why there's element in the simulation in the first place and why everything from the creatures to the plants look so mutated (if faulty coding in the age-old simulation isn't to blame).

Two, if that first point is correct, corruption may have reached the moon and could be the reason why the moon is destroyed, hence the reasoning behind the broken moon simulation with the seemingly corruption-mutated creatures - the humans were there when it reached the moon, and wanted to simulate the effects. You could say that the broken moon in the current game doesn't have any purple spots on it, but then again corrupted Earth never did either.  If this is true, does it mean that corruption drains it's host planet of life until it breaks apart? Because if so, then Earth got lucky.

The only question I can't answer is why Helena is sending us to the lunar biome of all things. Is it something to do with the arrival?

Could you link to anywhere the arrival is mentioned again please? I'm doing a think but I can't remember where it is and I need to look at it again to complete the think.

Also, the System's calculations are perfect, so it's certainly not just bugged from time.
I agree that the moon must be important.

3 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Could you link to anywhere the arrival is mentioned again please? I'm doing a think but I can't remember where it is and I need to look at it again to complete the think.

Also, the System's calculations are perfect, so it's certainly not just bugged from time.
I agree that the moon must be important.

The arrival is mentioned is in the Genesis trailer ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgmk9MGoQtY ) at 0:33 when Helena says "The arrival is soon". Hope that helps :) 

The Origin of the Arks?

So I was telling my husband (who’s never played ark) about how I’m not really sure if its aliens or what that puts you on the arks. I showed him what Rockwell Overseer looks like since he looks pretty alien XD. He has an interesting theory: 

“In ark the Rockwell overseer looks like roots and it made me think what if earth became self aware and had remembered everything that humans created. If the earth could will itself to more any part of itself and knew how to build by watching humans. If the earth could build on a grand scale and move materials from one part of the world to another and build the arks and brought humans to the ark and implanted a gem from a larger gem from its center giving earth a direct link to humans and letting them download information from the earth’s millions of years of watching humans creations be completed.”

As always, his theories blow my freaking mind. It makes so much sense!! Gotta love my hubby ❤️

On 11/3/2019 at 7:17 PM, ArkTheorist123 said:

The arrival is mentioned is in the Genesis trailer ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgmk9MGoQtY ) at 0:33 when Helena says "The arrival is soon". Hope that helps :) 

Thank you.
I went through all the current transmissions trying to find it but didn't think to check the trailer again >_< 
Watching the survivor charge the ferox is still maximum hype btw

Anyway, I'm still convinced that Genesis is before Extinction, so the Arrival would most likely mean the Arks arriving back on Earth OR the arrival of more survivors on Earth, but I have recently gotten another idea from this thread, and it came from LED's post:

On 11/3/2019 at 3:49 PM, LEDminer said:

But on the serious side, maybe the story involves us "fixing" the moon, since it effects the earth in many ways (tidal waves for instance) and having it break apart will mess up a lot of things.

First off, I don't think the moon as it exists in Ark would actually have a much different impact on the Earth than it does irl. The reason being that it still has a center of gravity that would be approximately equal to the moon before... uhh... whatever happened to it.

BUT, if one (or two, or all) of the pieces of the moon were pushed out of their proper orbit by whatever happened, they could now be on a collision course with Earth, which could very well cause its another Extinction. In this scenario the Arrival would mean the Arrival of moon pieces on Earth's surface.

This idea would also explain why there is a lunar biome, but I don't see how the simulation could help prevent such a thing, which is where my version of this idea falls short.

Of course, the simulation not being able to stop it does not disprove this idea, as this can still be the case even if we don't stop it immediately. We can also throw in previous ideas of Corruption infecting the "internet" which could potentially block us from using previously made technology already on Earth to stop the collision.

ACTUALLY as I made that last sentence, it reminded me of the messages in the Sanctuary about Arat Prime's "unable to confirm launch" (or whatever it was, that's what it meant.)
IF the moon is in a collision course, then AP might have been launching a bomb (or something else) at the moon to destroy/redirect/teleport the moon to avoid the collision, however, as the launch failed, the job falls onto us. 

• Like 3

Mysterious_Transmission8.gif

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Conflict is on the rise. We've had to get inventive.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Necessity is the mother of invention, after all.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-08
[LOG_RECEIVE] Handles and latches are aces...
[LOG_RECEIVE] When you've got a free hand.
[LOG_RECEIVE] But it's "handy" to let your feet contribute, too.

It's pretty obvious that this is the pressure plate from the stream.

• Like 1

Some of the descriptions of the official trailers for the revealed Genesis stuff has some extra info that I don't think was mentioned in the stream:

Cruise Missile: "Want to send someone a message? With a remote-controlled shoulder missile that can be written on, you’re able to do that quite literally. If that message doesn’t go through, feel free to hop on the missile for a ride and deliver it in person!"

Fishing Net: "If you're looking to fish on-the-go and don't have time to take a seat, the Fishing Net in ARK: Genesis will come in handy. The Fishing Net is a one-time use item that's convenient to capture multiple fish at once, and offers a chance to give you extra rewards in return."

Lunar Biome: "The Lunar Biome brings new gameplay mechanics and visuals in ARK: Genesis. Experience a low-gravity biome with a perplexing light cycle and irradiating sunlight that’s dangerous if you’re exposed to it. Adapting to the meteor bombardments and electrical storms will be a challenging, but rewarding experience. It is only in the Lunar Biome will you find the elusive Astrocetus."

• Like 2

Guys, that Broken Moon theorie is AMAZING. Y'all are genius :D 

I know I only post useless comments, but I just can't understand how you come up with so many good ideas... 

Now that I think about it, the ''Arrival'' could really mean this. I just don't know how I didn't see it sooner, being a fan of space. But if the ARKs are locking themselves because of the Moon's crash, it actually means than breaking the system on Aberration was a really really REALLY bad idea... Cause if that's true, it means if we waited a little more, the Element would have been destroyed by the crash, and then, after some thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of years, the ARKs would have been able to fall safety. While there... The life we made appear will be pulverised. :/ 

So did we do a big mistake ?? Pretty embarrassing... Even if we can fix it or something, I wonder how. ''Fixing'' the actual Moon must be a little hard, even with the advanced Homo deus technology. It's not just a rock, it's a big rock. Maybe we're gonna use Arat Prime as a Gravitationnal Laser to re-place the Moon's part together, fixing it's orbit. Or maybe not.

Anyway, I really enjoy reading what you post guys, please keep doing that :) 

Edited by Lucraft

1 hour ago, LEDminer said:

@TinyHippoTo add on to the moon theory, I just thought of something.

The arks were apparently in some kind of "broken" state, where they wouldn't let you advance to the earth, or at least that's what is said in the "one who waits" notes. Helena and co. went to earth from Aberration with the portal thing they built, allowing them to bypass the "broken" system.

What if the arks weren't broken, but were aware of the situation and didn't want to let survivors progress to earth, because of the moon supposedly being on collision course with the earth? Since if the arks returned back to earth while the moon fragments were heading toward it, then it would just wipe out all the life brought with the arks returning, similarly to how dinosaurs are believed to have gone extinct on earth by an asteroid.

47 minutes ago, Lucraft said:

Guys, that Broken Moon theorie is AMAZING. Y'all are genius :D 

I know I only post useless comments, but I just can't understand how you come up with so many good ideas... 

Now that I think about it, the ''Arrival'' could really mean this. I just don't know how I didn't see it sooner, being a fan of space. But if the ARKs are locking themselves because of the Moon's crash, it actually means than breaking the system on Aberration was a really really REALLY bad idea... Cause if that's true, it means if we waited a little more, the Element would have been destroyed by the crash, and then, after some thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of years, the ARKs would have been able to fall safety. While there... The life we made appear will be pulverised. :/ 

So did we do a big mistake ?? Pretty embarrassing... Even if we can fix it or something, I wonder how. ''Fixing'' the actual Moon must be a little hard, even with the advanced Homo deus technology. It's not just a rock, it's a big rock. Maybe we're gonna use Arat Prime as a Gravitationnal Laser to re-place the Moon's part together, fixing it's orbit. Or maybe not.

Anyway, I really enjoy reading what you post guys, please keep doing that :) 

Firstly, the Arks were specifically not waiting for the moon to crash. They were testing survivors until it got some that it decided could survive on Earth. This was impossible, as the conditions on Earth grew constantly worse, and so the System was constantly making new, more difficult challenges. Because of this, there would always be a new challenge no matter how many Arks you go through. No matter how many times you succeed you could never really win. We know for a fact that it wasn't referring to the moon because of the line "The problem is that the System’s purpose is not wholly static. The goalposts have moved. The bar has been raised, and now it is entirely out of the System’s reach." The goalposts don't move when the problem is a crashing moon. The threat posed by that is Extinction-level, but it doesn't change.
Also, if the Arks weren't returning because of the moon, they also wouldn't return upon defeating the King Titan, as the Lunar threat was still there.

Second, waiting for the Arks to land on their own is a horrible idea as well. There are 3 big reasons why.
1) A Lunar crash would most likely not destroy all of the element on Earth. Yes, a Lunar crash would cause an utterly absurd amount of damage and cause nearly everything we know to go extinct, but consider that we've now seen element existing as a solid, liquid, and a gas in various different ways, and it exists far underground, as well as around the moon itself. Any stray pieces of the moon that landed after most of the moon already landed could therefore bring more element to Earth even if all the element there was destroyed.
2) If the moon crashes before we fight off the King Titan, who is (was) the head of the Corruption, then the Moon would take out all of the super equipment needed to kill it. It would destroy all mek blueprints, there'd be no megamek to help us kill it. Nothing but Corruption and lifeless rock.
3) Even if, by some miracle, literally every speck of element on Earth and on the Moon were destroyed by the crash, we still have Aberration, which is, as we know, already Corrupted from the inside with Rockwell as the head.

So there was certainly no mistake made on Helena's part by leading us to Earth from Aberration. We had to go down to eliminate the Corruption. There was no other way.

Now, the subject of how we might fix the Lunar orbit/ There are a few ways to fix it which I briefly mentioned in my earlier post.
Destroy: Probably the hardest. Even if you blast the moon, you now have more, smaller moon parts flying at Earth instead of less, bigger ones. You'd have to blast every single bit until the remaining pieces are small enough to burn away upon entering the atmosphere.
Redirect: What Lu said about AP acting like a gravity gun. It would mean doing some cool tek magic stuff to actually push the Moon back into its proper orbit. We have seen a gravity grenade that we got on Extinction, so we know that the technology exists to manipulate gravity, so this idea is certainly possible. The other way to redirect it is to launch/build a mega-structure on the moon itself to work as a super-huge rocket to propel the Moon further away to get back into orbit.
Teleport: Finally, instead of pushing it into orbit, we could just teleport it right to where we want it. Again, we know that teleportation tech is available. It could just as easily be completely unrelated, but somehow the ability of the astrocetuses/astroceti/astrocetus/astrocetuseseses to teleport makes me consider this option more.

Also, no one only posts useless comments. Even if you don't think you're contributing much, consider that LED made a post that started as a joke and spiraled into this.

That was a longer post than I expected, but I just want to add before I go that they ninja-added Genesis Chronicles II with the corrupted avatar boots skin in the most recent update.

• Like 3