Wow. I guess unlike creature teasers from other expansions, each Genesis teaser will have it's own mini-ARG attached to it. Here's the two new convos between Helena and The Visitor:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Well, here's a preview: I'm faring better than the "patients."
[LOG_TRANSMIT] That's not surprising.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] I'll look forward to your terminal entry using validation code 129d6915-b24e-4dec-963a-08fbde6cc6d6
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
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=gck6
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-01
[LOG_RECEIVE] The simulation is creating some doozies.
[LOG_RECEIVE] This lifeform is small but aggressive and really dangerous in large numbers.
[LOG_RECEIVE] They must have a weakness but nobody has figured it out.
[LOG_RECEIVE] ... at least I hope they have a weakness.

Those last five lines seem to both 100% prove that Genesis revolves around a simulation, and also suggest that while Helena and The Visitor can go into or out of the simulation and move around in it, they don't actually control it or anything it creates. Hence, it creates stuff like that...thing...in the first teaser. To me it kind of looks like a cross between a seeker, the Manticore and the Desert Titan. All we know for sure is that it 100% can fly. Also, as mentioned in the "Specimen Observation Record" forum, if you go into "Edit Profile", scroll to the bottom to the "Terminal Command Line" field (yes, its back), put in the code 129d6915-b24e-4dec-963a-08fbde6cc6d6 , and save, you will get the "Genesis Mysterious Mysteries 01" forum achievement. Grab yours now!

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:53 AM, ArkTheorist123 said:

Uh, guys, is this real?

So Epic Ark was getting a lot of skepticism in the comments of this first video, from me and even from Cedric (https://twitter.com/ComplexMinded/status/1176200340066037760). So to prove it was legit, he made this second video containing "raw footage" of a new image:

Here's where things get interesting: there a couple of other people both in the comments of the vids and on twitter that have reported seeing the same images! (https://twitter.com/Supertotoo/status/1176227974632345600) This leads me to believe that these images are indeed real. That being said, here's my take on the two current images:

First video's image (0:17):

I want to point out that the face doesn't look like the default female character face, meaning it might be an explorer we may meet face-to-face on Genesis, but who? Helena, as we know, appears in the trailer as mostly translucent with no discernible facial features, ruling her out. Mei-Yin also has a scar over one eye that she got when battling Nerva, as she says in her early Aberration notes, ruling her out also. That just leaves Diana, though she's depicted in the explorer notes as having longer hair (maybe she cut it?). Or maybe it's a completely new character (The Visitor?), who knows. Also, is it just me, or is there - in the mist image, just under the face - what looks like a satellite dish array? Is that related to Arat Prime?

Second video's image (6:38):

Epic ARK said this looks like some trilobite-looking creature. The background in the image sort of looks like those blue light patterns from the Genesis countdown. My best guess is that this is some kind of sneak-peek at a Genesis creature. As for why Ced tried to deny this was real, I guess he was either trying to draw attention away from it (for some reason), or maybe it's someone in Wildcard that's teasing Genesis without permission (something kind of similar happened back in August when the Genesis season pass was released on the PlayStation store a day BEFORE Genesis was officially announced).

I just find it funny that of all the ways Wildcard could have further teased Genesis, like updating HLN-A with some new voice lines, they chose THIS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

So Epic Ark was getting a lot of skepticism in the comments of this first video, from me and even from Cedric (https://twitter.com/ComplexMinded/status/1176200340066037760). So to prove it was legit, he made this second video containing "raw footage" of a new image:

Here's where things get interesting: there a couple of other people both in the comments of the vids and on twitter that have reported seeing the same images! (https://twitter.com/Supertotoo/status/1176227974632345600) This leads me to believe that these images are indeed real. That being said, here's my take on the two current images:

First video's image (0:17):

I want to point out that the face doesn't look like the default female character face, meaning it might be an explorer we may meet face-to-face on Genesis, but who? Helena, as we know, appears in the trailer as mostly translucent with no discernible facial features, ruling her out. Mei-Yin also has a scar over one eye that she got when battling Nerva, as she says in her early Aberration notes, ruling her out also. That just leaves Diana, though she's depicted in the explorer notes as having longer hair (maybe she cut it?). Or maybe it's a completely new character (The Visitor?), who knows. Also, is it just me, or is there - in the mist image, just under the face - what looks like a satellite dish array? Is that related to Arat Prime?

Second video's image (6:38):

Epic ARK said this looks like some trilobite-looking creature. The background in the image sort of looks like those blue light patterns from the Genesis countdown. My best guess is that this is some kind of sneak-peek at a Genesis creature. As for why Ced tried to deny this was real, I guess he was either trying to draw attention away from it (for some reason), or maybe it's someone in Wildcard that's teasing Genesis without permission (something kind of similar happened back in August when the Genesis season pass was released on the PlayStation store a day BEFORE Genesis was officially announced).

I just find it funny that of all the ways Wildcard could have further teased Genesis, like updating HLN-A with some new voice lines, they chose THIS.

I saw exactly one other person on that video claim it was real, and was unable to recreate it myself (even made sure hln-a was there just in case that mattered.) Since Ced says no, I couldn't see it, and you couldn't see it, only the video maker and one other person(with no proof) claims it was real, I'd say it's likely to be fake.

3 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Mysterious_Transmission2.gif

To me this looks like either some sort of sentry turret with cameras or just a camera.

We did quite a bit of talking about it on the community crunch that revealed it if you're interested in reading/joining that. Honestly I'm still not sure what I think it is.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 7:29 AM, ArkTheorist123 said:

So, here's a recap/interpretation of what I think is going on here:

Helena (person A) has somehow not only survived Extinction, but has come across a pre-existing human facility, as well as somehow acquired not only an ID fingerprint - serial #724EA9458ED40FBF - , but an RSA key (with the same serial #). She uses the ID fingerprint to gain access to the facility's communication system. She then manages to establish an encrypted satellite uplink connection to Arat Prime (or fixed AP's connection if AP is the facility with the timer), but in order to do so must put in an ID fingerprint and encrypted signature. She complies, using the same fingerprint ID she used before, but using HER OWN signature, which she encrypts using the RSA key (presumably not her own, as we'll see in a moment). The system accepts the ID and signature, but person B gets a warning from his/her communication device that the signature given (Helena's) and the signature of the person who originally owned the ID fingerprint are not the same, and hence might be someone impersonating the fingerprint's original owner. Person B seemingly ignores this, and proceeds to establish full communication with Helena. After doing so, he sends her that message about her "cognitive Profile" and tells her he will "change her programming" and will contact her when it's ready. Person B then grants her "command elevation"/"elevation" and also sends her the upgrade in the form of an encrypted datastream - the glowing beam in the timer! While being upgraded, she decides to pass the time by running a check-up on the system she's using, which is what we're currently seeing with the timer, given all the holograms and statuses for the coms, power core, etc (not to mention those holograms of what appears the be the device the beam is going into!).

You got this mixed up, and it changes the entire premise of the conversation on the pages afterwards. While LOG_TRANSMIT is indeed Helena, LOG_RECEIVE is not a person but an AI system, look at how the conversation proceeds. She starts an uplink to Arat Prime, she logs in and gets herself authorised with the command elevation, the AI runs through it's startup procedure with all the power core checks, and then Helena starts looking around in the system. *Helena* is the one that mentions the AI being a glorified patient monitor and proceeds to "teach it new tricks", note the way Helena speaks. She updates the AI's personality as seen in later messages when it responds to her more eloquently. Helena is not being changed, what she did here was begin the process to upgrade the Glorified Patient Monitor into an AI capable of creating the simulations that we're going to be playing through in Genesis.

You can see with the later updates, Helena found a genetic sample and has the AI integrate it, it complains about personality traits messing with it's neural core.

""Specimen Simulation Mode: Cooperative

Specimen Maintenance Protocol: Updated

Host System Directive: Updated

Resolution Schema: Updated

AP Secure Connection

Change Authorization 724EA9458ED40FBF Verified

Ecological Conditions: Predictive

Specimen Guardian Subsystem""

This is a breakdown of the simulation itself being created, the creatures they've spawned are cooperative, the directives of the simulations have been updated, the plan for what the simulation is suppose to train us for has been set, the environment is predictive to simulate what we might face in the 2nd coming DLC and the Guardian subsystem are the giant bosses we have to defeat.

Later again the AI is inside the simulation but doing much better than the 'patient specimens' it used to monitor trying to survive the simulation. It's reporting back to Helena, testing the simulation before we get there, it's talking to her like a person.. is it possible this whole thing was Helena creating the mini-HLNA that will guide us through Genesis?

Edited by necaradan666
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, necaradan666 said:

You got this mixed up, and it changes the entire premise of the conversation on the pages afterwards. While LOG_TRANSMIT is indeed Helena, LOG_RECEIVE is not a person but an AI system, look at how the conversation proceeds. She starts an uplink to Arat Prime, she logs in and gets herself authorised with the command elevation, the AI runs through it's startup procedure with all the power core checks, and then Helena starts looking around in the system. *Helena* is the one that mentions the AI being a glorified patient monitor and proceeds to "teach it new tricks", note the way Helena speaks. She updates the AI's personality as seen in later messages when it responds to her more eloquently. Helena is not being changed, what she did here was begin the process to upgrade the Glorified Patient Monitor into an AI capable of creating the simulations that we're going to be playing through in Genesis.

You can see with the later updates, Helena found a genetic sample and has the AI integrate it, it complains about personality traits messing with it's neural core.

""Specimen Simulation Mode: Cooperative

Specimen Maintenance Protocol: Updated

Host System Directive: Updated

Resolution Schema: Updated

AP Secure Connection

Change Authorization 724EA9458ED40FBF Verified

Ecological Conditions: Predictive

Specimen Guardian Subsystem""

This is a breakdown of the simulation itself being created, the creatures they've spawned are cooperative, the directives of the simulations have been updated, the plan for what the simulation is suppose to train us for has been set, the environment is predictive to simulate what we might face in the 2nd coming DLC and the Guardian subsystem are the giant bosses we have to defeat.

Later again the AI is inside the simulation but doing much better than the 'patient specimens' it used to monitor trying to survive the simulation. It's reporting back to Helena, testing the simulation before we get there, it's talking to her like a person.. is it possible this whole thing was Helena creating the mini-HLNA that will guide us through Genesis?

Big Brain xD! No seriously, what you're saying is true, it could really be the creation of the HLNA... Or maybe it's us ?? I mean, when you look at the trailer, it's clear than she created the character than we play in Genesis (part 1 at least). This thing is speaking about a specimen, but a bot isn't a specimen. A specimen, if I'm right, is a life-form. WE ARE a life-form. Hmmm... I can't stop thinking about that... What are we ?? In the game of course xD. We are some Homo Sapiens re-created with Homo Deus DNA, yes, but... Is our mind true ? Our memories ?? Or are we really ''programmed'' to do something that the system WANT us to do... So many questions. And I have the feeling that every answers are in Arat Prime... Well anyway I can't wait to see the other transmissions. There's so many new thing to learn !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lucraft said:

Big Brain xD! No seriously, what you're saying is true, it could really be the creation of the HLNA... Or maybe it's us ?? I mean, when you look at the trailer, it's clear than she created the character than we play in Genesis (part 1 at least). This thing is speaking about a specimen, but a bot isn't a specimen. A specimen, if I'm right, is a life-form. WE ARE a life-form. Hmmm... I can't stop thinking about that... What are we ?? In the game of course xD. We are some Homo Sapiens re-created with Homo Deus DNA, yes, but... Is our mind true ? Our memories ?? Or are we really ''programmed'' to do something that the system WANT us to do... So many questions. And I have the feeling that every answers are in Arat Prime... Well anyway I can't wait to see the other transmissions. There's so many new thing to learn !

In a way I agree, she did create the player character, but only in a way. Due to her tampering the Ark's system creates Survivors that can respawn.

I imagine what's happening in the trailer is something different. If Genesis is going to take place in a simulation running from Arat Prime then how do you expect we're going to get there? We're certainly not going to be riding a dino all the way from Extinction to the other side of the planet where Arat Prime is located.. no we're going to be digitized and teleported in the same way we have between the Arks. Much easier on the devs that way.

A specimen is a sample of any material being experimented on, including rocks. So it doesn't have to be a lifeform. However the specimens being mentioned are undoubtedly the assorted lifeforms associated with the 'glorified patient monitoring.' The AI's previous job was looking after some sort of specimens for uncounted years between the Earth getting wrecked and us arriving from an Ark. I suspect this means that as well as facilities for running a simulation somewhat like those running on the Arks, Arat Prime must also have some systems similar to those the Arks use to create living creatures and store them in tubes, that's where the patient monitoring comes in. Perhaps prototypes for those found on the Arks. 

As to your last statements.. here's something to think about;  All these characters leaving explorer notes everywhere have had memories, But the Player character? You are never given a backstory of any kind.. your first memory is waking up on The Island.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:49 PM, TinyHippo said:

I saw exactly one other person on that video claim it was real, and was unable to recreate it myself (even made sure hln-a was there just in case that mattered.) Since Ced says no, I couldn't see it, and you couldn't see it, only the video maker and one other person(with no proof) claims it was real, I'd say it's likely to be fake.

I dunno, Epic ARK isn't really a clickbait channel. I mean, it might be possible to fake this if you got into ARK's files (ARK is an online game and Extinction is an official map, though, right? Which is why I say might), but whether someone would actually have the nerve to fake it in the first place is a different matter. All his other 170 videos from the past 2 years are legit and focus on cinematics and mods rather than clickbait. And it's not like his channel is in any sort of decline that would have him fake this for publicity, either. As he said himself, it would be stupid of him to kill his reputation after 2 years of legit vids over a dumb clickbait. Even if the amount of people saying they've also seen these images is low (like two or more from what I've seen),  the fact that they're being  mentioned by other people at all should add at least a little credibility to the video's authenticity. The low amount of people saying they've seen them could also be because maybe it's on a specific platform, on a specific mode (one person said they got it to work in singleplayer if that helps), and/or under other requirements we haven't figured out yet. Or maybe it's just the fact that since the vids have so little views there's nobody really looking for them in the first place. I guess the only way you could really definitively prove or disprove the vids authenticity is if one of the guys on the dev team actually said "this is real" or "this is fake" (I wouldn't count Cedric's twitter post because he said something similar when Valguero was about to be released), or if someone somehow got into the game's files and found the images.

A vid showing a third image was just released. To me it looks like one of those images shows that debris surrounding the Aberration ARK, while the other seems to show more of those light patterns from the countdown.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

I dunno, Epic ARK isn't really a clickbait channel. I mean, it might be possible to fake this if you got into ARK's files (ARK is an online game and Extinction is an official map, though, right? Which is why I say might), but whether someone would actually have the nerve to fake it in the first place is a different matter. All his other 170 videos from the past 2 years are legit and focus on cinematics and mods rather than clickbait. And it's not like his channel is in any sort of decline that would have him fake this for publicity, either. As he said himself, it would be stupid of him to kill his reputation after 2 years of legit vids over a dumb clickbait. Even if the amount of people saying they've also seen these images is low (like two or more from what I've seen),  the fact that they're being  mentioned by other people at all should add at least a little credibility to the video's authenticity. The low amount of people saying they've seen them could also be because maybe it's on a specific platform, on a specific mode (one person said they got it to work in singleplayer if that helps), and/or under other requirements we haven't figured out yet. Or maybe it's just the fact that since the vids have so little views there's nobody really looking for them in the first place. I guess the only way you could really definitively prove or disprove the vids authenticity is if one of the guys on the dev team actually said "this is real" or "this is fake" (I wouldn't count Cedric's twitter post because he said something similar when Valguero was about to be released), or if someone somehow got into the game's files and found the images.

A vid showing a third image was just released. To me it looks like one of those images shows that debris surrounding the Aberration ARK, while the other seems to show more of those light patterns from the countdown.

Hmmm, well I don't really know about the guy but legit videos for 2+ years as you say does lend a lot to his claims I agree.

But even then, the fact that it can't be reproduced and that even Ced said it's fake makes me not want to believe it.

I'll play devil's advocate though, when I went and tested, it was on a test singleplayer world. I suppose it might have something to do with your ascension level, worth checking out later.

• Like 3

Where did the stuff from aberration come from like the reapers rock drakes and other creatures Because they are on extinction so they would have to have Been on earth before the ark were made 

1 did they get created by the system just for aberration(not possible)

2 did they mutate naturally on earth (seems unlikely)

3 did element mutate them on earth 

4 did humans make them on earth 

Edited by Truthgamer10055

20 hours ago, Truthgamer10055 said:

Where did the stuff from aberration come from like the reapers rock drakes and other creatures Because they are on extinction so they would have to have Been on earth before the ark were made 

1 did they get created by the system just for aberration(not possible)

2 did they mutate naturally on earth (seems unlikely)

3 did element mutate them on earth 

4 did humans make them on earth 

The Sunken Forest on Extinction was most likely a prototype version of Aberration before it sunk into the ground, similar to how the other two domes are prototypes of SE and the snow biome on the Island. Hence, the proto-Aberration might have housed the (man-made) reapers and rock drakes we end up seeing in the official Aberration, similar to how the desert dome houses the morellatops, a SE creature. So, when that proto-Aberration sunk into the ground, it must have taken down the shield surrounding it, allowing the reapers and rock drakes within to escape into the wastelands. This would explain the existence of the both the normal and corrupted reapers and rock drakes. The surviving vegetation from the proto-Aberration would later go on to blossom into the Sunken Forest we know today.

• Like 2

@ArkTheorist123

Well, I've been trying, but I simply can not get the messages to show up for me.

I can't fathom why someone would lie on what was a legit youtube channel for multiple years before, but I also have reason not to believe him since I can't reproduce it.

I've tried everything I think might affect it: Ascension level, actual level, having HLN-A, having a tek helmet on, and even went as far as killing the king titan in the singleplayer world just to see if that would do it.

If you have any other ideas post or try them, but it's just not appearing for me, so I'm gonna have to call it fake for now.

• Like 1

I thought we were going to get some more voice lines from HLN-A. Though given they say "Survivors with the cosmetic HLN-A will find some explorer notes provide a glimpse of what to expect in the forthcoming Genesis expansion", I guess there's still a possibility that if you collect these special explorer notes with HLN-A equipped, she may say something special. As for the new thing they just teased with that third transmission, it's late where I am so I don't have time to translate the text next to it right now, though someone else is more than welcome to do that. For now it looks to me like some sort of eggshell. Here is the ARG that comes with it: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/472542-supply-manifest-record-4c3328cc/&tab=comments#comment-2634834

Mysterious_Transmission3.gif

Gen_Chron_Header.jpg

Not sure if the gem in the above picture is important or not.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Gen_Chron_Header.jpg

Not sure if the gem in the above picture is important or not.

Well the Extinction Chronicles had the implant shown where the crystal is shown now, and the implant is pretty important. I doubt they replaced it with some random drawing of a thing.

Not that I have any idea what it actually is, but it's definitely important.

• Like 2

Mysterious_Transmission4.gif

[LOG_RECEIVE] Rumors everywhere. The bog has a boogeyman.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Today's rumors are tomorrow's folk tales.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-05
[LOG_RECEIVE] We find the lucky ones trapped in giant webs.
[LOG_RECEIVE] But we find the unlucky ones as corpses, drained of blood.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Unluckiest of all are the ones we never find.

Given the above text, I assume that this is some spider creature that spits webs and lives in bogs (hence they say "The bog has a boogeyman"). It seems that if you get trapped in it's web, it will attack you and slowly drain you of health. I wonder how we'll be able to combat that...if at all.

Also, is [LOG_RECEIVE] saying that there are more of itself? I mean, it's saying that someone or something is spreading rumors, and "everywhere", and also that "WE find the lucky ones in giant webs". Is it referring to itself and Helena, or, if it's a specimen-monitoring AI as necaradan666 suggested, more of itself, monitoring the specimens? Interesting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Mysterious_Transmission4.gif

[LOG_RECEIVE] Rumors everywhere. The bog has a boogeyman.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Today's rumors are tomorrow's folk tales.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-05
[LOG_RECEIVE] We find the lucky ones trapped in giant webs.
[LOG_RECEIVE] But we find the unlucky ones as corpses, drained of blood.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Unluckiest of all are the ones we never find.

Given the above text, I assume that this is some spider creature that spits webs and lives in bogs (hence they say "The bog has a boogeyman"). It seems that if you get trapped in it's web, it will attack you and slowly drain you of health. I wonder how we'll be able to combat that...if at all.

Also, is [LOG_RECEIVE] saying that there are more of itself? I mean, it's saying that someone or something is spreading rumors, and "everywhere", and also that "WE find the lucky ones in giant webs". Is it referring to itself and Helena, or, if it's a specimen-monitoring AI as necaradan666 suggested, more of itself, monitoring the specimens? Interesting.

Hmm
Given that it's called a bogeyman I'd say we could guess that the thing itself is pretty large and strong (you wouldn't call an araneo a bogeyman, it'd have to be at least 3x as tough imo) I'm thinking almost karkinos sized, but a bit smaller.
I'm guessing that it'll lay beartrap-like webs hidden in the ground that immobilize you if you step into it.

I thought it was referring to it and the survivors when it said "we". There are already humans there so I don't think we can assume anything from that word.

• Like 3