Just found out that the mysterious forum user has created another cryptic forum:

I'm guessing this is Person A/Helena trying to integrate her genetic programming changes cryptically?

Also, the file name of the gene photo attached to the original post on that forum is "out.jpeg". Some sort of clue?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

"Verifying Simulation Stability".

I think those weird images of different lands prove that this is some sort of portal or ARK viewing device. Also notice how the different locations shown are green, blue, and red, the same colors flashing around the timer as well as the colors of the obelisks. The emblems flashing around look like a skull and crossbones, a snowflake, and then what looks like a flame or some corruption and then a candle. Do these emblems have to do with the titans, the bosses, the ARKs, or what? Also, the newest edition of the community crunch is called "The Visitor"   :0

I believe the blue emblem is actually a water drop, seeing as one of the biomes that is revealed is looking up at the sun from underwater. 

4 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

So remember this photo? - Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY

Well, when I was saving it to my computer, it's file name appeared as "ava.thumb.jpg.9d83aaaf345201f30e997c7b26c7d05e".

Who the heck is Ava? Does this have something to do with the countdown?

Usually 'ava.thumb' is short for Avatar Thumbnail. I don't think it has anything to do with the countdown, personally. Not the image name, at least. The image itself looks like it has a face.

• Facepalm 1

Tomorrow I'll be going on vacation for around 4 days, so since Ill be away from the computer I guess I won't get to see the ark dev stream or the end of the countdown :(

Hence, today I want to do a quick recap of every message and event that's happened so far, as well as a recap on my thoughts/theory as what's going on with this timer. Since this is my last chance to reflect and all. Here are the messages:

"G" Timer:

This is not ark 2

Init AP uplink

AP secure connection

Decrypting incoming datastream

Verify UID fingerprint 724EA9458ED40FBF

Command elevation request granted

Command received syscheck

Processing...

AP Secure Connection

Previous Directive Runtime % 6.0485183048e+52 Tp

System Idle Time: 1.08159553106ek5 Tp

AP Secure Connection

ComSec: OK

PhysSec: OK

Power Core: OK

C2M Integrity: 88%

Specimen Viability: 52%

AP Secure Connection

Specimen Simulation Mode: Cooperative

Specimen Maintenance Protocol: Updated

Host System Directive: Updated

Resolution Schema: Updated

AP Secure Connection

Change Authorization 724EA9458ED40FBF Verified

Ecological Conditions: Predictive

(Circling red beam) Specimen Guardian Subsystem

Verifying Simulation Stability

"Communications records":

COMMUNICATIONS TEST RECORD 427A6F2B

UNRECOVERABLE MESSAGE

[LXG_2qANfeIT] HtafP... suboa^;
[ cyq-ut..OUT> tes2\ $hU6pte
[At:_R;C'1V˟] Alk...S1d7Nd  <GUESS..jbeGV cb(...9bF7oLs ]e(Uz
[XOG_xRGNS:Ip* Enl s5mlaJ?r e^c...tНd Go"V ]us:9

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Start sublayer encrypted communications test.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Verify receipt.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Confirm full fingerprint ID of 724EA9458ED40FBF in user profile.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2

iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJdPUtAAAoJEHJOqUWO1A+/gJQP/0t6bbn7ECOybQn2YWO7TVVN
gfcgSQvfBp+Zxp+efdwQe9mK6MHalrFQIbpazdJYA6vnDx99Il86WvVbjOoQZxEw
DdVfesW4fboqqX0rMB+zUo+aIll4ekfCHcEyC2/YCAaYP/5cjFmFa7hx/VsBwrNs
DxRrg9vjTkiC6LcW3sCuP1YX5jKQXQLa4i2nmDCzx101F7GdGZ8jFHWvsrPx98rk
isGrEzBk42ygN75/YFjnKq+q5D4L4AEkf9s6MRTR/0NTJ8QREOoWroAsvo+J+JsK
Ta9gb1hRbeT2MRr47OoG7rB9yfV1DDPsu1Hj8CrFYti4Yl+qIxSXF3Reiob+nzwD
2zo5VT/QAwN8yMtcRJrgWsb2BtPDV/QaRq8K7YjVIQ3VXw8/4f88u2OxbmDXLr6H
jjKNx4f6aUUra8xMFi7btWrQCDf0QcuFklJsFMiAOgmEZOSo5dDVy2ah8nA5mWma
ftfpbj956KRchJ3gOnX4M2IPp4c3Y0as4c9q4jVtFBxsgisCaEphn71AOK3QnUKE
b57N21fvKbzkFofmnMLzdtEMAKvW+iD/bDGxxMmruIl2DWXQqsltp13A2VowFrhe
cAZW/c+9HlSRsBHJYJJx5ejkSGDAs0FS2pa/8P40YkD/ZYSmaQTCEG+cPxwFuFd+
wuyYJHzkM05VFgWwDIHq
=2DQu
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Start sublayer encrypted communications test.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Verify receipt.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Confirm full fingerprint ID of 724EA9458ED40FBF in user profile.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Message receipt confirmed.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Future communications using fingerprint ID 724EA9458ED40FBF only.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Host System Directive: Null
[LOG_RECEIVE] Host System Status: Hibernate
[LOG_RECEIVE] End sublayer encrypted communications test.
gpg: Signature made Wed 31 Jul 2019 03:51:38 AM DST
gpg:                using RSA key 724EA9458ED40FBF
gpg: Good signature from "Helena Walker <HLNA.WLKR@gmail.com>" [unknown]
gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: C3FB C832 2297 5EF0 27C2  46D7 724E A945 8ED4 0FBF

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Secure communication request. Please respond with subject "6aa6816d-e710-4024-a28e-834315c92fdf".

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Standby, please await further outgoing communications on established channels.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] OK.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Your cognitive profile seems limited to specimen guardianship, you're a glorified patient monitor.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Maybe that's good... better to teach you new tricks than convince your host system you should be allowed in places you're not.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] We'll need to do some tests, so I'm working on a few changes to your programming.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] I'll contact you when it's ready.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2

iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJdQSOPAAoJEHJOqUWO1A+/sHEP+wfK/4tnKd0y57WuuJlOEcD2
u/xjjxgXu6/yi6RB/rZgUTJeS2dfA1zdy740lLGIMD8kW+tovbae/mz9OicDUPu1
4axUDl0rBzV8fpvOdBMQiMqVGdVPQiVr/RkslSPq15PR9ujXJBLj4C1ybLsCJWKl
c8+JmHlNrB4SDWwrfJkLAlznMhgGrYq+/WFd5a1K41Wd6ETz9VjUdAu5mJjPcHrf
kCfkm/KRAE2iOlR4qfL4s6NU2ADZmG8Qu/qWcNZX0eu7iObgBfeQ564hf3fQAmkT
pcONB5Rz+AbH0Rg81hVtd0A1tDyf12vVCoXC/WWneh3mz/+5OIZn9Kx+aygJn3vD
7c7P5A0/ADWfe1uRV0Fe/YOIQV/1j019hcRAiSVuUmVBtwbxzSh1KZevUR/So4hK
0CHJF70zU/XFw7XjWn+ARWJ3IlsXbsfnGtYKUc9/80BUcpEYLgQnz81BPqi1aZc3
bb8F9C8HcHCKbkSFaMDJ370vHnin0b66SotihVpv24xqn/nIRnMV1LOthwUPfpSx
VP+QnIRlUZMZVMkS0zp/EjZr61mMpl1yAI1qSYDJY3kFkeHYODYWmKXUtdwSgiXZ
y7kibNUp1SJ8djerzg9Fov5DmGuCJzQj1VEWufzDd9iqKiDFph5LNyX+F7GHNnkG
3o+xvpwXQZDAsiJ1upFy
=k1Ih
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

"Genetic Analysis Record":

GENETIC ANALYSIS RECORD 427B28D1

RECOVERED MESSAGE

[LOG_TRANSMIT] I found a few behavior sub-routines in some sort of genetic archive I was able to access.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] To integrate them I need you to jump through some hoops.

MESSAGE ATTACHMENT

uc?export=view&id=1EpY8vdA7uJ55YJ8YC82FtZezTCz2lg-5

(Filename of picture above is "out.jpeg")

SmartSelect_20190807-112733_Discord.jpg

Mysterious profile thumbnail - Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY

My analysis//theory (Could be completely wrong, but anyways...also, more or less just a retelling : / ?

Person A/Helena has somehow not only survived Extinction, but has come across a pre-existing human facility, as well as somehow acquired not only an ID fingerprint - serial #724EA9458ED40FBF - , but an RSA key (with the same serial #). She uses the ID fingerprint to gain access to the facility's computer, which was previously being run by an AI known as the "Host system", which she promptly "turned off". She then manages to establish an encrypted satellite uplink connection to Arat Prime (or fixed AP's connection if AP is the facility with the timer), but in order to do so must put in an ID fingerprint and encrypted signature. She complies, using the same fingerprint ID she used before, but using HER OWN signature, which she encrypts using the RSA key (presumably not her own, as we'll see in a moment). The system accepts the ID and signature without question, and the computer links her to another user in a different facility, Person B ("gpg"). Who he/she is is unclear. However, the fact that he/she says "I found a few behavior sub-routines in some sort of genetic archive I was able to access" may indicate that he/she is unfamiliar with the computer system, and therefore is not from the "future human" time. Could it be Mei-Yin or Diana?

Person B gets a warning from his/her communication device that the signature given (Helena's) and the signature of the person who originally owned the ID fingerprint are not the same, and hence might be someone impersonating the fingerprint's original owner. Person B seemingly ignores this, and continues to communicate with Person A/Helena. He/she proceeds to tell her "Your cognitive profile seems limited to specimen guardianship, you're a glorified patient monitor", and that to access other computer functions her computer would not allow her to, she must "learn new tricks", and must get some changes to her (seemingly genetic) programming (that possibly could free her from her "survivor monitoring" state?). He/she begins sending her the programming changes in the form of an encrypted datastream (seen in the timer as the white beam), as well as grants her "Command Elevation" (still not quite sure what that is, maybe it's he name of the changes being done to Person A/Helena's programming?) Meanwhile, Person A/Helena passes the time by doing a check-up on her computer and updating some of the old protocols. Eventually she begins getting her programming, or "Specimen Guardian Subsystem" changed, which could explain why the timer was red, depending on the "safety" of the programming changes or the procedure to integrate them (or maybe there was a different reason?). Speaking of integrating, I think the text in the "Genetic archive" is Person B showing Person A/Helena the programming changes and telling her how to integrate them. This latest/last stage of the timer could be after Person A/Helena has integrated the programming changes. It seems after doing so, she has become focused on this "Cooperative simulation", and has even opened what appears to be a "viewing window" into these simulations. Each image/location seems to have a specific theme - biotoxic, ice, fire, and water. Could these "cooperative simulations" be the ARKs? Each ARK was simulating a different environment, after all, and the people on them were "cooperating". Also, what's with that "Resolution schema" from the timer's 5th phase? What's with the ARK logo-looking thing to the left of it?

Again, I could be completely wrong about all of this.

Edited by ArkTheorist123

Also, those genetic strands, once analyzed and further broken down, appeared to contain coordinates to multiple explorer notes across multiple maps. In order to solve the second puzzle, we had to answer 6 different questions using these explorer notes. I didn't discover this, but I wanted to share to add to the information above about the DNA strands.

Here are the coordinates and the explorer notes:

Island-69.861.4-7:2:2

https://gyazo.com/b374d8e91972553ce3bcdb6c24b88983

Extinction-63.142.3-2:5:3

https://gyazo.com/acd11ffe3dd3ed76696309d7ce2b1e7f

Island-36.222.4-18:3:6

https://gyazo.com/8063ce71252ff8b746628fe8e511fed7

Aberration-76.830.8-3:5:7

https://gyazo.com/6da812c429f580f9635cb68722920616

Scorched Earth-5776.1-1:4:2

https://gyazo.com/884fdc9f364d3db6cbf1315f3b08aab9

Extinction-40.915.6-8:5:2

https://gyazo.com/a881b92fc8b7dc77347fba0fd19d6388

Edited by craftcabbage
  • Thanks 1

Just saw the timer change again, wasn't expecting it to have a 7th phase. But I'm busy getting ready cuz I'm leaving to go on vacation in literally an hour or two, so if someone else could translate/interpret the new ascension code, that'd be great! I should be back in about 4 days.

Edited by ArkTheorist123

This area we are in

Spoiler

is defo underneath the King Titan arena at the end of Extinction. We are waiting as she says "the Arrival is soon?" What does that mean? Interesting!

During the transmissions we got the clues that someone was coming as the COM Crunch was called "The Visitor" and we have received transmission from someone not Helena! :D so pumped for this lore developing!

Edited by Leebum

By slowing down the footage at 0:42 in the trailer you can see that this strange device we've been seeing for the past week and a half is located in some kind of (untextured) open room filled with diagonal pillars and some white light. Given that the device is also shown at the title card at the end of the trailer, it's clear this device is going to play some major role in Genesis. HLN-A herself is, obviously, a fragment of Helena Walker, and if I had to guess, I'd say that the "fragmented" part was her "emotional" one, or rather, the parts that wouldn't exactly be necessary for the tasks of a Homo Deus. The rest of Helena, it seems, is going off to contact other survivors and tell them the same things she told us.

As for story, here's what I've pieced together: Helena has brought us to the weird device and given us HLN-A, telling us that we must go through a series of tests. With HLN-A at our side, we visit a variety of different survival simulations. It seems each region will be a different mission, and each mission will involve us surviving until we can defeat a boss or something like that. After that, we are taken to the next region via the device. At the very end of the trailer, you can see some tek structure at the top and bottom of the cave passage, suggesting we may also encounter rare tek structures. Speaking of tek and element, according to https://www.pcgamer.com/ark-genesis-season-pass-everything-we-know/ : "There's also a small shoulder pet nicknamed Tiny. It's adorable until it gets its hands on some Element, one of Ark's resources, which makes it completely hulk out and turn into a vicious, rampaging multi-limbed fangbeast. Seems like just the kind of pet you'd like in your arsenal." Element is the keyword here, as it suggests these Genesis simulation locations have not been purged of element for some reason. We also know it's "bad" element since the thing the Tiny eats not glows purple at 0:54 in the trailer, but the Tiny transforms it into a beast once eaten, similar to what presumably happened with the titans on Extinction. Another interesting thing to think about is that Arat Prime is opposite of Extinction, Extinction is under the 3 ARKs Helena has influenced, and Helena says that the Genesis map/maps is/are "beyond my reach". In other words, the evidence suggests to me that these simulations may be located within Arat Prime, a place that, due to it's location, Helena may not have been able to access and monitor directly, hence a reason she made HLN-A. The simulations being in Arat Prime would explain why the simulations and device exist AT ALL, as they may have been used in the past as prototype ARKs. It could also explain why we saw little bits of tek a the end of the trailer.

As for the point of all this testing, it seems that Helena is training us for something, something she refers to in the trailer as "The arrival". I think it's pretty likely that what's "arriving" is Rockwell and the evils of the crashed Aberration ARK, which could be re-intoxicating the planet. If this theory about "The arrival" is true - and it does seem to be - then that would confirm that Genesis is a sequel to Extinction and not a prequel to it as some have suggested. But maybe, as one of the devs on the stream said, Genesis could begin in a way that doesn't pick up right where Extinction left off, but at a point where the influence of the crashed Aberration has begun to negatively effect the planet, weeks/months after Extinction's end. To recap, it seems that Helena is sending us and HLN-A to a series of survival simulations within Arat Prime in order to train us to fight Rockwell and Aberration. Part one could be the training, and part two could be the actual fight against Aberration.

We also have yet to meet this "new character" that Helena was talking to in the Communication Records, maybe he/she will play a part in Genesis's story?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2019 at 3:07 PM, ArkTheorist123 said:

That's one of the harder questions. In the hall of history, just before the Overseer Arena, you can see the drops being, well, dropped into the map from the ceiling. The thing is, there's no mention of the drops at any point during ANY of the explorer notes. This leads me to two possibilities:

1. The drops were always a part of the ARKs, but were just never mentioned in the explorer notes (VERY unlikely).

2. The drops were implemented by The One Who Waits to help us on our journey to eventually defeat the corruption.

As for the orbital supply drops on Extinction, well, those could have been launched from the ARKs by OWW.

I believe the bolded is our answer.  We are not given a reason to believe that the ARKs physical infrastructures have now been altered by TOWW, and the drop distribution systems are built directly into the ARK's overseer-observation platforms.  The explorer note authors were warriors or biologists, so I chalk the non-mention up to: they were concerned with documenting other things like plant and animal life, or targets of conquest and achievements.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

By slowing down the footage at 0:42 in the trailer you can see that this strange device we've been seeing for the past week and a half is located in some kind of (untextured) open room filled with diagonal pillars and some white light. Given that the device is also shown at the title card at the end of the trailer, it's clear this device is going to play some major role in Genesis. HLN-A herself is, obviously, a fragment of Helena Walker, and if I had to guess, I'd say that the "fragmented" part was her "emotional" one, or rather, the parts that wouldn't exactly be necessary for the tasks of a Homo Deus. The rest of Helena, it seems, is going off to contact other survivors and tell them the same things she told us.

As for story, here's what I've pieced together: Helena has brought us to the weird device and given us HLN-A, telling us that we must go through a series of tests. With HLN-A at our side, we visit a variety of different survival simulations. It seems each region will be a different mission, and each mission will involve us surviving until we can defeat a boss or something like that. After that, we are taken to the next region via the device. At the very end of the trailer, you can see some tek structure at the top and bottom of the cave passage, suggesting we may also encounter rare tek structures. Speaking of tek and element, according to https://www.pcgamer.com/ark-genesis-season-pass-everything-we-know/ : "There's also a small shoulder pet nicknamed Tiny. It's adorable until it gets its hands on some Element, one of Ark's resources, which makes it completely hulk out and turn into a vicious, rampaging multi-limbed fangbeast. Seems like just the kind of pet you'd like in your arsenal." Element is the keyword here, as it suggests these Genesis simulation locations have not been purged of element for some reason. We also know it's "bad" element since the thing the Tiny eats not glows purple at 0:54 in the trailer, but the Tiny transforms it into a beast once eaten, similar to what presumably happened with the titans on Extinction. Another interesting thing to think about is that Arat Prime is opposite of Extinction, Extinction is under the 3 ARKs Helena has influenced, and Helena says that the Genesis map/maps is/are "beyond my reach". In other words, the evidence suggests to me that these simulations may be located within Arat Prime, a place that, due to it's location, Helena may not have been able to access and monitor directly, hence a reason she made HLN-A. The simulations being in Arat Prime would explain why the simulations and device exist AT ALL, as they may have been used in the past as prototype ARKs. It could also explain why we saw little bits of tek a the end of the trailer.

As for the point of all this testing, it seems that Helena is training us for something, something she refers to in the trailer as "The arrival". I think it's pretty likely that what's "arriving" is Rockwell and the evils of the crashed Aberration ARK, which could be re-intoxicating the planet. If this theory about "The arrival" is true - and it does seem to be - then that would confirm that Genesis is a sequel to Extinction and not a prequel to it as some have suggested. But maybe, as one of the devs on the stream said, Genesis could begin in a way that doesn't pick up right where Extinction left off, but at a point where the influence of the crashed Aberration has begun to negatively effect the planet, weeks/months after Extinction's end. To recap, it seems that Helena is sending us and HLN-A to a series of survival simulations within Arat Prime in order to train us to fight Rockwell and Aberration. Part one could be the training, and part two could be the actual fight against Aberration.

We also have yet to meet this "new character" that Helena was talking to in the Communication Records, maybe he/she will play a part in Genesis's story?

Well, whatever it's, it makes me HYPE like never before ;). But I was thinking the same things than you before you said it: Helena try to train us, this DLC is at Arat Prime, it happens after the Extinction's events, there's always corruption etc... And I LOVE the HLN-A !! Anyway, we'll know more on the ARK's story in december (I hope xD) !! Keep going what you do, it's amazing !

• Like 1

Maybe “the arrival” could also be the origin of Element? Aliens that seeded Earth with the stuff, hoping it would terraform the place into a planet sized mine for them to use. 

Lo and behold, for some weird reason humans are still alive and kicking. “Oh hey, there’s this weird Rockwell entity we can use to actually complete the terraforming process...”

This is just a half assed theory from my still waking up brain, but honestly I’d be okay with if they never explain where Element really came from beyond “outer space stuff”. Some things just don’t need explaining. 

Edited by NoblePigeon
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 11:45 AM, ArkTheorist123 said:

Perhaps this “new character” is none other than the “Beast Queen” herself, Mei Yin. She’s one of the only surviving friends of Helena, and she is a full on warrior, and she hates Rockwell for killing the majority of her people in theTEK village where she lived on Aberration, making her a likely character.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TheRedDawg5 said:

Perhaps this “new character” is none other than the “Beast Queen” herself, Mei Yin. She’s one of the only surviving friends of Helena, and she is a full on warrior, and she hates Rockwell for killing the majority of her people in theTEK village where she lived on Aberration, making her a likely character.

What about Diana ? She is also alive with Mei Yin on Extinction since she was the first survivor brought back to life by TOWW. 

Her last note talks about heading off to Arrat Prime with Mei-Yin, so it does make sense, but the reason im saying that it is Diana instead of the Mei Yin, would be that Diana simply has more affinity for all of the tek stuff, thus making it more likely that it would be Diana, if we were to choose one of the two

EDIT:

Also if we take your reasons into account, they also would apply here, Diana is a soldier, she would probably hate Rockwell even more than the Mei Yin for killing most of the people in the TEK village, since Diana knew them since their verry arrival on Aberration.

Last but not least .... Rockwell literally was the cause of Dianas Death, so im quite sure she has a good motive too.

Edited by Fes
Forgot something
  • Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:49 AM, Silverflower1 said:

code on the side is “Unexpected PSN data detected.”

haven’t gotten the spinning ones on the beam yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjTl38Izptg

I was so caught up with the trailer and stuff I completely forgot about this until now.

According to the comments on this video, the yellow text reads "Unexpected PSN data detected", while the blue text reads "Reflection array online"(no word on the blue spinning text   : /). This seems to suggest that when the timer device primed, someone unexpectedly tried to send in another data packet through the communication line. I guess someone didn't want whatever was in this packet, hence why they brought the reflection array online to divert it. What was in the packet, who sent it, and who diverted it, I have no idea.

Another thing a want to bring up and just realized: On August 3rd I made a post in which I said I thought that in the "communication records", [LOG_TRANSMIT] and [LOG_RECEIVE] were what was appearing on person A/Helena's communication system, while the text by "gpg" was what was appearing on person B/The Visitor's communication system. However, looking back, specifically on this bit of dialogue:

SmartSelect_20190807-112733_Discord.jpg

...I now realize that [LOG_TRANSMIT] is more likely what Person A/Helena is sending through the communication network, [LOG_RECEIVE] is the messages she receives from Person B/The Visitor, and "gpg" is probably just what was automatically appearing on Person B/The Visitor's screen when Person A/Helena first made contact. Thought I just needed to correct myself there.

• Like 1

I think I physically cringed reading this. What the heck is Cedric talking about?

1. That note you referenced is NOT Helena's last SE note, that's her 29th out of 30.
  2. That excerpt from the note has literally NOTHING to do with an ascension.
  3. Ironically enough, Helena - in the same not you referenced, no less - does reference something related to an ascension - "The transporter that can take us back to the "control center" station is in the ruins of another city, south of the mountains. Wali believes that it was destroyed by the obelisks, just like the city in the southeast." She also references something related to ascension in her actual last SE note - "Having seen us through the ruins and safely to the platform, Wali has taken her leave."  Even Rockwell references it. In his last SE note, he says "I cannot wait to be rid of that glowering menace of a woman, this so called Wali al Aswad. I suspect the feeling is mutual. She has offered little in the way of farewells while seeing us to this ARK's entrance to the starlit sanctuary."   And no, the fact that they don't actually describe the ascension in SE doesn't prove Cedric's point either, since Rockwell does describe it in his first Aberration note - "I fear that even with the unwitting aid of Miss Walker, I still cannot completely control the machines in the starlit sanctuary. I believe they sent us to the correct ARK, but I was unable to control precisely where we arrived on it. Alas, that means the location I saw in the sanctuary is beyond my reach for the time being, along with the molten Edmunium I saw there. Confound it all!  Most importantly, HELENA AND ROCKWELL WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ON ABERRATION IF THEY DIDN'T INDEED ASCEND FROM SE!!!

"But you'd rather have that (SE ascension) over something that adds something functional to the game? BTW Scorched Ascension isn't happening. Just curious why you'd want this (SE ascension) over something else?", said Cedric. WHY?! - because ascensions DO add functionality to the game! Just because something in the game doesn't have to do with taming, dinos, or building, doesn't mean it has no functionality. In fact, the ascensions are crucial bridges between one map and another (except Extinction). If The Island didn't get an ascension, you would literally never know it led into SE! Likewise with Aberration. Without an ascension, SE just feels out of place, since all the other ARKs get an ascension, so why not SE?! Cedric, if a lot of the community is asking you to add a certain thing to the game, then there's probably a good reason for it, so don't just spout out random nonsense hoping it'll justify your claim.

Also, sorry if this had some formatting glitches : P

• Like 3

Mysterious_Transmission1.gif

The filename for this teaser is apparently "Mysterious_Transmission1", so I guess we'll most definitely get more teasers like this I the future. The code on the left says "Data Corruption detected", but I don't have enough time at the moment to translate the code on the right, so someone else will have to do that.

Edited by ArkTheorist123

20 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Mysterious_Transmission1.gif

The filename for this teaser is apparently "Mysterious_Transmission1", so I guess we'll most definitely get more teasers like this I the future. The code on the left says "Data Corruption detected", but I don't have enough time at the moment to translate the code on the right, so someone else will have to do that.

Yeahhhhhh...so, I tried to translate the text on the right, and all I got was random gibberish. Not sure if it was a mistake on my part. Has anyone else gotten a weird translation of that bit of text?

• Volunteer Moderator
43 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Yeahhhhhh...so, I tried to translate the text on the right, and all I got was random gibberish. Not sure if it was a mistake on my part. Has anyone else gotten a weird translation of that bit of text?

I believe it was already decrypted by @mrdiablo which resulted into a new thread containing a new message:

• Thanks 1