12 minutes ago, TravisMichael said:

Prove that. I've seen nothing in the established lore that there are multiple Island Arks.

We're on an Island ark for the overseer boss fight, you look out the main overseer window slightly to the left, there's another Island ark. That makes at least two of them. Nevermind the uncountable amount of island ark's you fly thru on your way to scorched earth in the ending cinematic.

Edited by JasonTheCTM
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

40 minutes ago, JasonTheCTM said:

We're on an Island ark for the overseer boss fight, you look out the main overseer window slightly to the left, there's another Island ark. That makes at least two of them. Nevermind the uncountable amount of island ark's you fly thru on your way to scorched earth in the ending cinematic.

Pretty sure those are just placeholder images. Wildcard probably just used the image of the Island Ark instead of designing a new Ark that we'll never actually get to see.

56 minutes ago, TravisMichael said:

Prove that. I've seen nothing in the established lore that there are multiple Island Arks.

47 minutes ago, JasonTheCTM said:

+1

5 minutes ago, TravisMichael said:

Pretty sure those are just placeholder images. Wildcard probably just used the image of the Island Ark instead of designing a new Ark that we'll never actually get to see.

On that same note, why would the creators of the arks bother designing even more versions than they need. It less expensive to create 2 “the island arks” than two unique arks. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

+1

On that same note, why would the creators of the arks bother designing even more versions than they need. It less expensive to create 2 “the island arks” than two unique arks. 

Suddenly you know how much it costs to create Arks?

The Arks were made for the humans to grow, survive and evolve in strength. Once they had finished with one Ark they would Ascend to the next Ark where they would be tested anew.

So, what would be the point of having them learn and grow on the Island then send off to another copy of the place they just were. Each of the Arks were supposed to be a unique and different Ark. 

So, you saying 'Oh, it's cheaper to build two of the same Arks." Is the STUPIDEST of answers you could have come up with.

• Facepalm 2

8 minutes ago, TravisMichael said:

Suddenly you know how much it costs to create Arks?

The Arks were made for the humans to grow, survive and evolve in strength. Once they had finished with one Ark they would Ascend to the next Ark where they would be tested anew.

So, what would be the point of having them learn and grow on the Island then send off to another copy of the place they just were. Each of the Arks were supposed to be a unique and different Ark. 

So, you saying 'Oh, it's cheaper to build two of the same Arks." Is the STUPIDEST of answers you could have come up with.

Lol. It is always cheaper to build two of the same exact things than two different things. Its pretty much manufacturing 101.

And yes, there are multiple island arks as you see others upon ascension. And you kinda disproved your own point when you said they were probably just placeholders so WC wouldn't have to spend more to make a different one.... Since its cheaper to make two things the same and all.

Your basically telling people your right and not to believe our own lying eyes.

And no, "Humans" are extinct. Our players are homo deus clones. Why would we have to grow and evolve when we could just be genetically altered from the start to be better. If the overseers can make wyvs etc. Im sure a badass homo species would be simple.

• Like 1

Did the music change since that person made that? Because the music sounds different now. Also, the mystery account, https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/profile/1204632-ê€2š¥ëìy/&tab=activity

has anybody tried messaging this? idk if it would work, but if they have messages enabled it might be worth trying to send them on of the "keys."

1 hour ago, TravisMichael said:

It is also the most accurate answer.

The arks would also have a limit of how many humans it could support at once. By having multiple arks it would speed up the process. There is still enough variety of arks. That would be like saying that each individual wildcard server should be a different ark. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, ishootpaint said:

Lol. It is always cheaper to build two of the same exact things than two different things. Its pretty much manufacturing 101.

And yes, there are multiple island arks as you see others upon ascension. And you kinda disproved your own point when you said they were probably just placeholders so WC wouldn't have to spend more to make a different one.... Since its cheaper to make two things the same and all.

Your basically telling people your right and not to believe our own lying eyes.

And no, "Humans" are extinct. Our players are homo deus clones. Why would we have to grow and evolve when we could just be genetically altered from the start to be better. If the overseers can make wyvs etc. Im sure a badass homo species would be simple.

I said those Arks were PLACEHOLDER Images you moron. They may be the same/similar image but they're not supposed to actually be the Island Ark. Why would WC go the trouble of making an image for a new Ark that the player doesn't visit? We see Aberration and Scorched because we visit them, so they were showing the player the other levels

And no the survivors are not homo deus clones. Did you even read the explorer notes? Helena is from 2008. Rockwell and Me Yin are much older than that. They are clones of humans from the past.

• Facepalm 4

1 minute ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

It is also the most accurate answer.

The arks would also have a limit of how many humans it could support at once. By having multiple arks it would speed up the process. There is still enough variety of arks. That would be like saying that each individual wildcard server should be a different ark. 

I didn't know you were an expert at ark engineering.

• Facepalm 4

1 minute ago, TravisMichael said:

I said those Arks were PLACEHOLDER Images you moron. They may be the same/similar image but they're not supposed to actually be the Island Ark. Why would WC go the trouble of making an image for a new Ark that the player doesn't visit? We see Aberration and Scorched because we visit them, so they were showing the player the other levels

And no the survivors are not homo deus clones. Did you even read the explorer notes? Helena is from 2008. Rockwell and Me Yin are much older than that. They are clones of humans from the past.

1. What is the point to not have multiple of the same arks. Ever heard of the invention of interchange parts?

2. I never said that the survivors were homo-deus colones. 

1 minute ago, TravisMichael said:

I didn't know you were an expert at ark engineering.

3. The island has an area of 49km. It would be unlivable with a certain amount of people on it. Each human needs to meet their own needs of shelter, food, water. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, TravisMichael said:

That escalated quickly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TravisMichael said:

I know what you said. Your losing ground the more you call people names. Clones cannot have memories, those memories are either made up or artificially recreated and implanted from the lives of real people(i dont buy the timetravel theory). Memories arn't stored in DNA but in areas of your brain that can be accessed when needed. How would they have access to brains from the 1800s and ancient china?(without the aforementioned time travel theory)

And it would take all of a half hour to draw a shape of a new made up ark as a placeholder(edit: or just simply use rag or the center if its just a non cannon ark as you suggest), by far the easiest part of making that cutscene. Those cutscenes ARE lore, and if they show other island arks then thats the reality of it. Your grasping at straws saying things that are there are not what they are because YOU think they are just placeholders. Any proof that they are placeholders? Because looking out at space from the oveseers room and seeing another island seems more concrete than what you are saying.

Like i said, your telling us your right even tho those that have ascended or atlast watched the cutscene would know your assumption is incorrect. Im not sure why your calling people names and getting upset because people disagree with you. Doesn't make you soud credible or intelligent, but rather the opposite.

If you want to have a logical discussion then by all means lay out your theory, but don't throw salt when people find holes in it. If you disagree then just politely disagree, ill take no pain from it. For all we know a new DLC is about to drop and prove us all wrong.

Edited by ishootpaint
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ishootpaint said:

I know what you said. Your losing ground the more you call people names. Clones cannot have memories, those memories are either made up or artificially recreated and implanted from the lives of real people(i dont buy the timetravel theory). Memories arn't stored in DNA but in areas of your brain that can be accessed when needed. How would they have access to brains from the 1800s and ancient china?(without the aforementioned time travel theory)

And it would take all of a half hour to draw a shape of a new made up ark as a placeholder(edit: or just simply use rag or the center if its just a non cannon ark as you suggest), by far the easiest part of making that cutscene. Those cutscenes ARE lore, and if they show other island arks then thats the reality of it. Your grasping at straws saying things that are there are not what they are because YOU think they are just placeholders. Any proof that they are placeholders? Because looking out at space from the oveseers room and seeing another island seems more concrete than what you are saying.

Like i said, your telling us your right even tho those that have ascended or atlast watched the cutscene would know your assumption is incorrect. Im not sure why your calling people names and getting upset because people disagree with you. Doesn't make you soud credible or intelligent, but rather the opposite.

If you want to have a logical discussion then by all means lay out your theory, but don't throw salt when people find holes in it. If you disagree then just politely disagree, ill take no pain from it. For all we know a new DLC is about to drop and prove us all wrong.

Not to mention the fact that:

1. In the Island ascension cutscene ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I9ipgYk6k0 ), we start by flying away from the Island we were just on, only to fly over ANOTHER Island.

2. In Mei-Yin's final Island note she says "I suspect this command center was created by something with technology far beyond most normal comprehension.

In the distance I can see several worlds, one that is clearly a place I've been."

So, yeah, it's confirmed both in the game and in the lore.  Also, TravisMichael , you were right when you said the survivors are clones and not Homo Dei, but I do also agree with ishootpaint when he says the survivors are likely not clones of people that actually existed.

Edited by ArkTheorist123
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Not to mention the fact that:

1. In the Island ascension cutscene ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I9ipgYk6k0 ), we start by flying away from the Island we were just on, only to fly over ANOTHER Island.

2. In Mei-Yin's final Island note she says "I suspect this command center was created by something with technology far beyond most normal comprehension.

In the distance I can see several worlds, one that is clearly a place I've been."

So, yeah, it's confirmed both in the game and in the lore.  Also, TravisMichael , you were right when you said the survivors are clones and not Homo Dei, but I do also agree with ishootpaint when he says the survivors are likely not clones of people that actually existed.

The only thing I can think of to say about this that might have an ounce of hope as a counter arguement is that one graduate kid on Aberration that "spawned" in thought it was a dream and jumped off a cliff to wake up because he had the same dream or a similar one "a few nights ago". If he's not a clone, then someone flarped up that artificial memory seeding algorithm.

Edited by JasonTheCTM

something I'd like to point out, is Helenas 18th note in Aberration. She mentions tubes filled with Homo Sapiens. She also mentions how they might've been made artificially, and that their memories are artificial. She later dismisses this, saying they might be able to reach back in time and grab someone, no matter how unlikely she thinks it is. I just saw this note had to do with the current discussion, and thought I'd mention it.