Conquest Servers Are Open!

Jen

1 hour ago, RaidenSola said:

It's cute that they think the 2x is going to help prevent being wiped permanently by an alpha.  Unless only the losers get a 2x, the alpha will just keep attacking you as you try to rebuild.  It's same-old same-old at double the speed.  These guys really don't know how their own game works.

and you do? lol. i love how you say that and yet, you're not the one designing the game

This is a great addition to ark, 6man servers for smaller scale pvp and 25man servers for large scale pvp. Its a shame that console has to rely on pc to like it, even if it doesnt do well on pc it should be tested on console to see how many people really would be into it. Everyone i know and play with is so hyped for this and watching pc success closely! This with the new extinction map will revitalise the game for so many people that quit coz of all the mega tribe politics BS plaguing normal official servers.

11 hours ago, DXPE13 said:

This is a great addition to ark, 6man servers for smaller scale pvp and 25man servers for large scale pvp. Its a shame that console has to rely on pc to like it, even if it doesnt do well on pc it should be tested on console to see how many people really would be into it. Everyone i know and play with is so hyped for this and watching pc success closely! This with the new extinction map will revitalise the game for so many people that quit coz of all the mega tribe politics BS plaguing normal official servers.

I actually agree with you! I can’t tell you how many ppl on console are stoked for this!

14 hours ago, JonasHR said:

they have edited the post, last night they said Alliances are allowed that's why

BTW

IS THEY ALREADY OPEN?

Simple solution, don’t ally anyone?. It’s meant to be large scale wars and if alliances are an issue, just avoid it and keep solid war going.. even on small tribes ppl managed to make server alliances. So I mean it is what it is.

Informal alliances. You guys have zero real backbone when it comes to enforcing. It's really simple: a screen shot of a log where there's more than 1 tribe name raiding a tribe within the same game day equals both/all raiding tribes banned from the server because it was obviously an allied raid which is equivalent to mega tribe raid which you claim players would not have a problem with by joining these servers. And for those saying they have played them and it hasn't happened, wake up... it hasn't even been a week & it will happen. The fact you guys actually listened to the hands that feed you, & we as players do feed you (remember that), by disabling tribe alliances speaks volumes. Sadly those volumes were muted and became nullified when you threw out the sugar coated wishy washy phrase of informal alliances are allowed. Which only amplifies your lack of enforcing anything to benefit the playability of the majority of your player base by allowing something that ensures the in game status of the ones your in bed with. Good luck, you'll need it... unless you edit that as well after accepting the error of your ways. 

Edited by Myosapien

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

Hey everybody look on ARKs twitter, there's a new creature/suit/thing/whatever that they haven't released here yet. maybe i just didn't reload this page. anyway if you don't have twitter look at loadedcrysis's newest video

Lets keep threads on topic please.

You can discuss that one here: 

19 hours ago, Myosapien said:

Informal alliances. You guys have zero real backbone when it comes to enforcing. It's really simple: a screen shot of a log where there's more than 1 tribe name raiding a tribe within the same game day equals both/all raiding tribes banned from the server because it was obviously an allied raid which is equivalent to mega tribe raid which you claim players would not have a problem with by joining these servers. And for those saying they have played them and it hasn't happened, wake up... it hasn't even been a week & it will happen. The fact you guys actually listened to the hands that feed you, & we as players do feed you (remember that), by disabling tribe alliances speaks volumes. Sadly those volumes were muted and became nullified when you threw out the sugar coated wishy washy phrase of informal alliances are allowed. Which only amplifies your lack of enforcing anything to benefit the playability of the majority of your player base by allowing something that ensures the in game status of the ones your in bed with. Good luck, you'll need it... unless you edit that as well after accepting the error of your ways. 

Are you serious? Informal alliances have been a part of the game sense the start of this game. Before the alliance system was a thing and before server transfers where even a thing. Get used to the fact that people will join forces to fight common a enemy.  Remember this historical quote? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

I feel your the same type of person who wants offline raid protection and would love to just admin abuse the hell out of anyone for being better at the game then you. They have made you this option on unofficial servers where you can make and play however you like. This on the other hand is official and they made it a even playing field. Have you ever heard you can't have your cake and eat it too? Well you can't have equal opportunity and equal out come. You have to pick one or the other. So I would advise you to join a private/unofficial server and leave the devs alone for making a new server type to EXPAND the games play modes.

3 hours ago, PrimalBroom744 said:

Are you serious? Informal alliances have been a part of the game sense the start of this game. Before the alliance system was a thing and before server transfers where even a thing. Get used to the fact that people will join forces to fight common a enemy.  Remember this historical quote? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

I feel your the same type of person who wants offline raid protection and would love to just admin abuse the hell out of anyone for being better at the game then you. They have made you this option on unofficial servers where you can make and play however you like. This on the other hand is official and they made it a even playing field. Have you ever heard you can't have your cake and eat it too? Well you can't have equal opportunity and equal out come. You have to pick one or the other. So I would advise you to join a private/unofficial server and leave the devs alone for making a new server type to EXPAND the games play modes.

Informal alliances have been a part of it from the beginning. Totally agree with you. The fact that this is being advertised with the whole not having to worry about the problems of mega tribes, the idea that the "enforcement team" will try to ensure fair gameplay to the now informal alliances are allowed is just like management who constantly changes policy to fit their agenda or cya because they know  nothing of or could care less about the actual field operations. Informal alliances basically mean small people will be mega raided. Just as many others have already said, this will be just another cluster of official servers but with a permanent evolution rate. They should have left out the whole phrase of not worrying about mega tribe problems because that was a very misleading statement. Their enforcement team does a bang up job of all the coc violators... not. So why think they could make any part of this fair gameplay? There's too much brokenness in Ark for their efforts to have any significant positive impact on creating a level playing field. Your assumption of me wanting ORP couldn't be farther from reality. I in fact do host an unofficial PvP cluster and have for some time. I despise ORP, always have and therefor will never activate it. ORP especially has zero place in PvP for obvious reasons. So no, I'm not for it, and I have lost players over time simply because I won't activate it. And ya know what? That's fine by me because I would rather have quality players over quantity of players any day. As for abuse, you sound as though you're one of those who is like a Ford vs Chevy type guy or vice versa whereas your approach on Ark is official being the ony way to go. And that's fine, to each his own. I say this simply because 75% or more of the players out there who say they won't touch unofficial is for 2 main reasons. 1 being the most legitimate reason the fear of the admin shutting it down without notice whereas official will always be there. This is a great argument which can only be countered by admins like myself who are as passionate about this game as you are (otherwise you wouldn't have responded the way you did), and are working  adults with full time jobs that can fully support running a cluster with ease similar to people who swing through the drive thru on a daily basis. Otherwise you got some kid running it, admin abusing the hell out of it and shutting it down one day because their birthday money they got from grandma a couple months ago ran out. The other reason that's argued maybe sums up about 25% of unofficial servers and that's admin abuse. Which while that percentage is sad to say the least, it's a lot lower than the number of players on official who cheat, dupe, mesh, crash servers, aimbot whatever the case may be. These things, while they still can happen on unofficial, are not as likely to happen as official. And just like the greater majority of admins out there, I myself can truly say I dont abuse my players and just like the good non-abusive admins such as myself, I have a decent size player base that will back that up 100%,  some of which I have to use translation apps to speak to. So your whole ORP & abuse assumption about me is wrong. I like truth. I don't like deception. And when I read the description of these servers I felt it was a little deceiving to offer players this idea of a safe haven so to speak where they wouldn't have problems of a mega tribe. I guess if you want to get really technical about it, they won't have to worry about problems of a mega tribe... just a mega "informal alliance". And that, my friend, is the truth that nobody wants to hear. 

Edited by Myosapien