Primal Pass in Amber shop ?

Mensana21

My theory is that they bring in a lot more revenue from a recurring subscription model rather than the ad supported stream.

Most of the things you purchase with amber have no real ‘direct’ cost and are only for virtual items and services. For example think about the collars for your Dino’s,; apart from the original costs of designing, coding and creating the collars there is no ongoing cost, so after a while they earn 100% profit. Compared to the primal pass which has ongoing costs such as the primal pass servers and the extra tame Dino slots, which require more server space. They may not take up a lot of space and it may only cost a few cents, but it’s still a cost.

Does that make sense?

subscriptions also bring in extra money when people drop out of using a service without cutting it off. I’ve not watched our $150/month tv service, but I’m still paying for it! If they switched it to pay by Amber players may not come back every month.

Theres also the consideration regarding players purchases in the sense that if players spent all of their Amber on paying for primal pass then they won’t have amber to spend on the other virtual products that bring in a far better profit %.

There are a whole laundry list of psychological reasons a d business reasons as to the hows and whys, but essentially, the way it’s setup is more profitable.

I can’t say that this is how the devs view things, but that’s kinda my thinking behind my comment.

☹️ I didn’t mean to kill your idea.

with games that are released “free” like this they need to claw back costs and create revenue wherever possible. To be honest I’m actually blown away by how easy it is to earn amber via ads... but at the same time it’s because of those ads that I subscribed to primal pass.

i wanted the 2x exp without the annoying ads and getting the gifts without the ads is just a bonus. It actually took me a whilebefore I realised that I could get amber via ads too. Most games you get stuck with the ads and you are forced to pay for in game currency, so I quite like the way they have it setup.

All of that said, maybe if they made primal pass purchasable on a daily basis for a set amount of Amber they could still make money off of it. Yours certainly isn’t a bad idea, it may just not be lucrative enough for them.

Archived