Question for the PS4 players

Wikus

Hi guys , I just noticed someone in the steam forums saying that Ark on PS4 is ruined and unplayable.
Is this really so ? If yes what is the major issues ?

Reason I ask is I currently play on Xbox , and I am considering getting Ark for PS4 , so that post caught my eye and got me worried now if I should rather stay away from Ark on
PS4 ?

Your opinions as PS4 players please.
PS: I play single player on Ark , not online.

Thanx

31 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

Who said that? Some PC player who never played it on PS4?

It is not ruined and it is playable. There can be lag issues and sometimes disconnecting, but that's far from making the game unplayable or ruining it. From my experience at least.

I play on official server on PS4. 

It was someone ranting on steam that said it has become unplayable on PS4 and now want it for free on pc.
So I was wondering what this major issues can be then and if it's known issues. And the only reason it even caught my eye is cos I am considering to get it on PS4 myself.

So there is no such major issues on PS4 then and this was one of those unfounded rants like one see every now and then ?

1 hour ago, Wikus said:

It was someone ranting on steam that said it has become unplayable on PS4 and now want it for free on pc.
So I was wondering what this major issues can be then and if it's known issues. And the only reason it even caught my eye is cos I am considering to get it on PS4 myself.

So there is no such major issues on PS4 then and this was one of those unfounded rants like one see every now and then ?

From MY experience there's no major issue. I don't know if his rant was unfounded. Maybe it's something with his connection or he has just very low tolerance. I don't know.

I can just tell you from my experience and no one of the players on my official servers ever said it's unplayable either. In the PS4 beginning days of Ark it was bad from my experience with the lag, but that' long ago. The performance is not perfect but we're having fun on PS4.

1 hour ago, AdligerAdler said:

From MY experience there's no major issue. I don't know if his rant was unfounded. Maybe it's something with his connection or he has just very low tolerance. I don't know.

I can just tell you from my experience and no one of the players on my official servers ever said it's unplayable either. In the PS4 beginning days of Ark it was bad from my experience with the lag, but that' long ago. The performance is not perfect but we're having fun on PS4.

Ok thanx for the reply

12 minutes ago, Wikus said:

Ok thanx for the reply

Hello,

As I understand the process, PC version gets ported at the same time to XBOX and a third company ports it to PS4.

So bugs PC have, Xbox most likely also gets but PS4 get a range of unique bugs to PS4 plus pc bugs.

If you have problems on XBOX I try to look for solutions on forum. Xbox section.

My best tip right now is to set dino count slider to 0 and search for crash areas. Once you find one type destroywilddinos and after that type saveworld this actually helps removing crash areas. However I need to play more to see if problems reoccur. But I do not know your specific problem on xbox.

You can read ps4 bugs under ps4 section un this forum. Also Xbox bugs have a section, but people dumps all poop there so it is mostly dead. Or not working. Plus win10 bugs.plus crossark bugs. In the same toilet.

Well to help wild card you can buy the steam and vr version as well. At least you know the process (as I undetstand it) and that the mobile version is free.

Regards,

Ariana 

I play PS4, and the last 6 months ARK has run pretty smooth, with very few blue screens of death.  Sure the year or so before that could be frustrating with lots of crash bugs, but they seem to have gotten rid of almost all of that.

My biggest issues are the lag that happens when playing near a large base with many dinos and nametags on.  Turning of the name boxes tends to reduce a lot of lag.  I have this issue both on nitrado server and in single player. But once again this is when near/in a very large base with many dinos.  OTherwise, not too many issues.  and I only have a PS4 slim, not the PS4 PRO

On 9/27/2018 at 6:12 PM, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

As I understand the process, PC version gets ported at the same time to XBOX and a third company ports it to PS4.

So bugs PC have, Xbox most likely also gets but PS4 get a range of unique bugs to PS4 plus pc bugs.

If you have problems on XBOX I try to look for solutions on forum. Xbox section.

My best tip right now is to set dino count slider to 0 and search for crash areas. Once you find one type destroywilddinos and after that type saveworld this actually helps removing crash areas. However I need to play more to see if problems reoccur. But I do not know your specific problem on xbox.

You can read ps4 bugs under ps4 section un this forum. Also Xbox bugs have a section, but people dumps all poop there so it is mostly dead. Or not working. Plus win10 bugs.plus crossark bugs. In the same toilet.

Well to help wild card you can buy the steam and vr version as well. At least you know the process (as I undetstand it) and that the mobile version is free.

Regards,

Ariana 

My reason for getting it for PS4 actually has nothing to do with Ark issues on Xbox.
Lemme explain. I am getting tired of issues on Xbox overall. Lots of live and applications issues these days. Things like live not working , app downloads not working , party chat constantly breaking , games completely disappearing and have to be re-installed , purchasing not working etc etc etc. But I don't want to turn this into a war against Xbox or anything. Bottom line I am thinking of taking my gaming as a whole over to PS4. Ark is one of my most played games so naturally I will then buy it again for PS4 if I decide to move my gaming over to PS4. So that's where my original question came from. I saw someone on steam stating the PS4 version has become unplayable and that caught my eye and got me worried about it if I should go over to PS4 with my gaming will I not be able to play Ark on it then cos he/she made it sound like it is completely unplayable on PS4. But from the responses here so far it sounds to me like he/she was exaggerating like one often get on gaming forums. 

On 9/28/2018 at 2:55 PM, Aushegun said:

I play PS4, and the last 6 months ARK has run pretty smooth, with very few blue screens of death.  Sure the year or so before that could be frustrating with lots of crash bugs, but they seem to have gotten rid of almost all of that.

My biggest issues are the lag that happens when playing near a large base with many dinos and nametags on.  Turning of the name boxes tends to reduce a lot of lag.  I have this issue both on nitrado server and in single player. But once again this is when near/in a very large base with many dinos.  OTherwise, not too many issues.  and I only have a PS4 slim, not the PS4 PRO

Out of curiosity whats single player like on the Ps4 ? On my xbox it does nothing but crash constantly. Been tempted to buy Ark on the PS4 for ages (bought a ps4 ages ago as I got money back from Mr Tax man), mostly for single player to see if it holds out better than the xbox. Not really planning on switching to playing Ark on the Ps4 anytime soon, really just wondering. TBH though Ark is the only real reason I still play xbox, all the good exclusives seem to be on the PS4 lol.

45 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Out of curiosity whats single player like on the Ps4 ? On my xbox it does nothing but crash constantly. Been tempted to buy Ark on the PS4 for ages (bought a ps4 ages ago as I got money back from Mr Tax man), mostly for single player to see if it holds out better than the xbox. Not really planning on switching to playing Ark on the Ps4 anytime soon, really just wondering. TBH though Ark is the only real reason I still play xbox, all the good exclusives seem to be on the PS4 lol.

I also only play single player. Ark online is a mess I don't care about. So my question is also just for the single player part. I have noted the guys that mentioned the lag , but that's not relevant to me personally.

34 minutes ago, Wikus said:

I also only play single player. Ark online is a mess I don't care about. So my question is also just for the single player part. I have noted the guys that mentioned the lag , but that's not relevant to me personally.

Unfortunately I cant play on single player on my xbox now, it crashes so much. I nearly quit playing Ark altogether because of the single player issues I had after I left Official, until I lucked out on joining the current unofficial server I play on, honestly couldnt ask for a better server, basically a glorified single player. The server is the only reason I still play ark on xbox or at all. 

Am just wondering about single player on PS4 just to keep my options open, just in case my xbox kicks the bucket or I have to make a decision on xbox vs ps4 for various reasons.

6 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Unfortunately I cant play on single player on my xbox now, it crashes so much. I nearly quit playing Ark altogether because of the single player issues I had after I left Official, until I lucked out on joining the current unofficial server I play on, honestly couldnt ask for a better server, basically a glorified single player. The server is the only reason I still play ark on xbox or at all. 

Am just wondering about single player on PS4 just to keep my options open, just in case my xbox kicks the bucket or I have to make a decision on xbox vs ps4 for various reasons.

Trade in your Xbox for an X. Ark is much better on both the PS4 Pro and One X. The higher memory on both consoles alone is a huge win.

23 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Trade in your Xbox for an X. Ark is much better on both the PS4 Pro and One X. The higher memory on both consoles alone is a huge win.

That might be an idea. Now you mention it, just looked up the X and its a heck of a lot cheaper than it was last time I looked plus a trade in its actually more my price range. How does single player fair on the X ?

Shall sleep on it alot, trying to save up my pennies atm for when I fluke out on a 'real' job and have to move out. 

As I mentioned earlier, I have very few issues with ARK on my PS4 slim. It really has played well over the last 6-10 months. The biggest issue is the lag created when near a huge base with many dinos.

As far as the PS4 overall, I have not had any issues with crashes or programs disappearing. I use my PS4 every day to watch Netflix/Amazon Prime/ and PS Vue (TV).

I do think I will upgrade to a PS4 PRO someday. But overall, I've been very happy with it.

Archived