Alpha Dragon Island w Theris?

collin13

I was wondering if anyone could give me a little insight on how a alpha dragon boss fight on the island would go with theris? How many should I bring and do I need a pig or just a bunch of veggie cakes? The theri right now is hatching at 396 melee with 9.2k health, I will soon to have 400+ melee at hatch but I need to know what I should level my hp and melee too. What saddle armor should I have at a minimum? Have any of you done the fight with these hatching stat theris? How did it turn out for you? what was your sad armor and your stats before you went in? 

1 hour ago, collin13 said:

I was wondering if anyone could give me a little insight on how a alpha dragon boss fight on the island would go with theris? How many should I bring and do I need a pig or just a bunch of veggie cakes? The theri right now is hatching at 396 melee with 9.2k health, I will soon to have 400+ melee at hatch but I need to know what I should level my hp and melee too. What saddle armor should I have at a minimum? Have any of you done the fight with these hatching stat theris? How did it turn out for you? what was your sad armor and your stats before you went in? 

Are you going to make the boss solo or in tribe?

I have done dragon on official PvP with theri. We had 10.6k hp and 461m starting theri that were levelled up to arrive 21k health and 700-800 melee. Took 9 on theri plus 1 on yuti and then how ever many cakes you can carry without making the theri heavy. We took rex too deal with the fliers but they died pretty quick. Doable with just the theri and yuti ?

I agree with the more melee for sure and less hits from the boss flamron. Angelicviki thank you for the in put thats what Im trying to hear from any an everyone. I not sure if the PvE world has those starting stats yet but I will keep an eye out for them. 10.6k and 461 melee is beastly. If you dont mind me asking if you can recall what your saddle armor may have been or is? Also angelicviki it was 9 riders but how many theris in total did you bring? Im going to go for my 19 theri and 1 yuty and make sure my whistle game is on point or should I not need the whole lot of theris? 

16 hours ago, flamron said:

Dragon takes 1/4 HP with the flame attack.

20%

16 hours ago, flamron said:

It’s reduced with herbivores some though.

it is not. %-based damage in not reduced by anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sole reason why people prefer Theris in Dragon fight is because of Cake (and lots of them). They heal for 400 + 10% of max HP (that 10% is maxed at 2100 bringing total maximum heal amount from cake to 2500).
Thats where "optimal" stats theorycrafting begins:
- the less max HP on your theriz - the easier it is for them to survive flame breath. For example: cake will heal 14% of max hp on 10k max hp Theriz (400+1000)
- flame breath is not the only attack dragon does; his bite and fireballs deal a substantial amount of damage as well.

So players have to balance effectiveness of cake heal to withstand flame breath and amount of buffer HP against normal dragon attacks. It just naturally comes to 21k max HP on Theriz - you hit cake healing potential cap and have enough HP to not die very fast to other than breath factors.

None of that will work if you lack DPS to kill the Dragon so it is never a good idea to sacrifice melee just to hit that 21k hp number - you want to have ~700% melee or more for a comfortable fight (assuming you know what you are doing and control your theriz properly during the fight).

• Volunteer Moderator

how we've been doin' it :) 

Official PVE-423 (Legacy)

theriz - fight stats - 22-25k health and min 800 melee -- our last group was 25k hp/1.3k melee
player - fight stats - min 450hp, high weight and movement speed for the shooters. being level 100, some players may not be able to re-roll. they should do an ascension fight first for extra levels, the last thing you want is players getting one shot by meteors (or killed by first mob) because they didnt come with proper stats.

theriz had 115-120 Asc saddles -- we usually give 5 cakes per theriz -- most come out with 2-3 still in their inventory.

yuty was 100% imprint 28k hp/4k stam/350ish melee -- 124 Asc saddle -- good tamed yuty is just fine too, i like the extra movement speed from imprinting tho

AR's were 290 Asc, 1.5k rounds each player -- make sure they bring the ammo, a shooter with no ammo is uesless and = dead theriz

flak or riot min 1300 armor

med brew- healing 
focal chili- faster movement speed
shadow steak- reduces recoil 
cactus broth or calien soup- deals with heat
dont use enduro stew, med brews do not heal while the stew buff is in effect

take 10 players -- 3 players have a theriz and are guards against the mobs, the others are shooters on foot that run to the guards when the mobs come (dimorphs/pteras). one (yuty) is in control of the hoard. when the dragon is chewing on the hoard all 9 are to be shooting the dragon. once the theriz are "screamed" the yuty driver should also be shooting. the yuty driver should not be the alone in a tribe, there has to be someone else to take the hoard if the yuty driver dies. usually one of my tribemates will try to turn the dragon so when i send the hoard they can attack the rear of the dragon first. you want the hoard to surround the dragon. if they are 3 deep in front of the dragon you will lose theriz. ofc, keep your theriz out of the lava.

advice would be to practice on a vanilla dedicated server with no mods, anyone that is going to the fight has to attend 3 winning practice fights.

thats basically what worked for us. counting practice and Official fights ive done Alpha Dragon 30+ times, and each fight is different. using this tactic we have never lost, and if done well the fight should be over right at the 2 minute mark. the last 2 fights i didnt follow my own rules by not taking enough players and not making sure all players had been to practice fights. through both fights we lost ttl of 31 theriz (including 16 25k/1.3k) and both yuty. we still won but it was at too great a cost.

Hello,

As the previous writer I agree  training is the most important thing,  do it in single player even where the cost of a loss is not important just have full difficulty and week spawned in therizinosaorus 20 of them and use kill command on the dragon if things go south. On official you add your yuti for possible safty margins. The Yutiranus you also need to learn 14 Therizinosaurus and a yuti in single player.

And start on easy dragon 5 minutes or less.

Good luck and have fun because on official it is never a walk in the park.

Regards,

Ariana 

We ran it just the one time. 1 Yuty, 1 Rex , to fight off dimorphs, and 18 Theri's. A combo of 9.2k-9.5k hp hatch and 408-419 melee. All had 100+ saddles. 5 stacks of veggie cakes in each Theri. All had 21k hp, 700+ melee. We went in with 6 riders. We won but only walked out with 2 Theri's and 3 people.

@ yekrucifixion187 yes, thats my goal as well I already have all the engrams besides AB but I need tek cave and rock well for levels, thats it so I go alpha everything. I just want to see if where my theris are were a standing chance and what the real strategy that wins the boss is. To all that commented thank you much for you time .  I found out a lot an I need a better theri BP other than that I should be golden lol.

Archived