Dino transfer on Dedicated server

Hey guys, new to posting and I had a few questions. I rent a dedicated server, and we are nearing completion of the caves and artifact hunting on the island. Upon completion, we want to move on to Scorched Earth. Will I be able to transfer Dino’s and items to the new map? It will be on the same rented server. Also, is the limit on items and Dino’s per person or as a whole? Thanks in advance!

I should have mentioned. I play on Xbox, and the server is rented from Nitrado, showing as an unofficial PC server.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 4:20 PM, AbaddonSOH said:

Hey guys, new to posting and I had a few questions. I rent a dedicated server, and we are nearing completion of the caves and artifact hunting on the island. Upon completion, we want to move on to Scorched Earth. Will I be able to transfer Dino’s and items to the new map? It will be on the same rented server. Also, is the limit on items and Dino’s per person or as a whole? Thanks in advance!

I should have mentioned. I play on Xbox, and the server is rented from Nitrado, showing as an unofficial PC server.

You can move everything just fine, just not your character. Your character will simply respawn when you change the map.

I’d recommend altering the transfer timers if you can. For example, I’ve removed the upload timer and increased the expiry timer to 30 days for my cluster - 2 servers rotate maps.

you can transfer your character as well, but it is a pain and you if you transfer back to the island, at first you will not see any of your beds or the structures you own will not belong to you anymore. what you have to do is kill yourself and spawn up and then most of the time(not all) you will have all of your stuff back and can see your beds again. its a pain, creating a new character on your scorched earth server is the best way to go. i have all the maps with nitrado and i transfer dinos/gear over and just create a new character. if starting over with your character is the issue, then open up admin command in game and type your password in, then do admincheat gmbuff    then gmbuff again to turn it back off......it will give you all of your levels so that you dont have to start over again. there is an admin command for giving yourself exp but gmbuff is way easier. 

3 hours ago, Xcaliber02 said:

you can transfer your character as well, but it is a pain and you if you transfer back to the island, at first you will not see any of your beds or the structures you own will not belong to you anymore. what you have to do is kill yourself and spawn up and then most of the time(not all) you will have all of your stuff back and can see your beds again. its a pain, creating a new character on your scorched earth server is the best way to go.

All of that is wrong.

On 10/9/2018 at 9:31 PM, Xcaliber02 said:

i do it all the time on my servers....do your homework before you post useless replies.

Do your homework next time. OP only has one server, not a cluster. You can’t create multiple characters for the same server, just one. Tribe/alliance data is stored on the server when you change maps. I know this because I have a server that rotates maps.

Archived