RTX 2080 BSOD in Ark

turbodonkey

Happening on 2080ti FE cards as well. I get freeze and BSOD when I try to force close the game from freeze. I can get it to happen on scorched by flying an argy for 2 minutes on with max settings 3440x1440 and max FOV set.

I'm figuring they never tested the game at these settings because no one could run it previously lol.

My errors are mainly KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION and occasional SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION nvlddmkm.sys

I have got my money's worth with thousands of hours logged on ARK but this is the end of the road. Can't play, will be uninstalling as NVIDIA or ARK aren't acknowledging and fixing these issues.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone got a response from NVIDIA that they are aware of it? 

Update: I was thinking about one thing, i tested aberration  on single player when i first got the RTX 2080. That worked fine for hours, been testing it now on my Official server. No BSOD so it seems this bug is triggered by the "old maps". If its the driver or the game itself that cause it its hard to say.

This is extremely disappointing from WC. I'd just gotten back into Ark, and half the reason I got a 2080 was to play it.

The complete lack of response from WC have just resulted in both my partner and I removing Ark. Neither of us will be buying Extinction (or Aberration) while it's unplayable. And likely, we'll just forget about the game like we did after the first terraforming of the island destroyed our base on official. 

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. 

Just FYI ARK does run fine without any problems in DX10 mode for RTX cards. Yeah, not the solution anyone wants, but until Devs fix their Sh!z it's the best solution available.

I just can't believe they gave away a 2080ti on their charity livestream, and whoever gets the card will think its a lemon if they try to play ARK. If that isn't the biggest troll from WC, i don't know what is.

3 hours ago, Swordguy said:

Just FYI ARK does run fine without any problems in DX10 mode for RTX cards. Yeah, not the solution anyone wants, but until Devs fix their Sh!z it's the best solution available.

I just can't believe they gave away a 2080ti on their charity livestream, and whoever gets the card will think its a lemon if they try to play ARK. If that isn't the biggest troll from WC, i don't know what is.

I agree, I commented that also under stream since i was feeling it was false advertisement. They where bragging about the card only since they are partnered with NVIDIA. If I was NVIDIA or wildcard I would be embarrassed. Poor soul that got that card only to experience bluescreen

49 minutes ago, Vikingskyr said:

how do i fix this ? https://imgur.com/a/GHvweaE

First, I would try: 

Verify that you don't have any weird launch options set for the game.

Second, I would try:

Download latest driver package from Nvidia;

Uninstall current driver software completely;

Reboot

Reinstall driver software using downloaded package.

See what the game looks like using 'default' settings.

Adjust from there.

Sort of the basics, but who knows.

Well, tried the new driver. Seemed again to do fine while on the ground walking around, but as soon as I flew a flying mount around the north end of the Ragnarok island, just east of the cave entrance (the super dark cave, don't remember the name of it though), I got a BSOD for Bad_pool_Caller again.... Back to hoping someone will care about this issue so we can play again.

Archived