RTX 2080 BSOD in Ark

turbodonkey

People with Nvidia GPUs (especially RTX cards) we all have been experiencing many crashes and hard crashes where it would lock your PC up. Finally Nvidia fixed this issue a short while back and I have been passing this out to people that I know have an RTX card. but this drive has a fix specifically for Ark https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4789?linkId=100000005609593 so far except the normal Ark issues this driver has been solid, hope this helps

@SprAYer0 @BruceYale

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Sinate said:

My wife and I had this BSOD/crash to desktop issue for ages with our 2080's on certain maps, but maybe 3 weeks ago we got the latest nvidia drivers and have not had a single crash or BSOD since. Did they maybe fix it? or have we been really lucky?

Did you play with max settings or low shadows?

And it seems like the crash is caused by an old Unreal Engine version and not by a Nvidia driver issue.

This is a hot topic.  I do not have the newer nvidia graphic card but you know my pc will die eventually and may end up with it.  I know of hundreds of people who cannot play Ark but bought it because of this specific issue. 

On a side note WC might want to care a little more about those Linux people as well.

Contrary to what people try to tell you, ARK is still suffering from this issue and no amount of verification or driver updates are going to help. So far WildCard hasn't even bothered to acknowledge it, as far as I am aware.

The good news is that there is a decent workaround that doesn't butcher your graphics quality, and has resulted in a 100% stable game for me on a 20-series NVIDIA card. Quite simply, venture to the graphics settings, and set "Terrain Shadows" to "Low". This was all I had to do to get the game perfectly stable. Any other settings can be on Epic or whatever you prefer, just that one should be Low. The impact on graphics quality, in my experience, is extremely low.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 5:35 PM, PascalP said:

How long did you test it? 

Been playing for hours on end for the past 3 weeks. Finally took down a few Island bosses with my buddy. I've been through caves, been underwater, ported into and out of Arenas. Flown on argents, wyverns. Graphics are still cranked (especially shadows). No BSOD once. There was one really weird error message that ark gave me saying it couldn't access something, but it only happened once, and it didn't cause the game to crash it just minimized me temporarily. Steam shows me at 183 hours over the past two weeks. (I should probably cut it back a bit...)

Looks like they fixed it on 10/10:

(source: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/388254-pc-patch-notes-client-v3007-server-3007/)

Version: v299.27 - 10/10/19

• Fixed an exploit
  • Fixed an issue with rare BSOD (blue screen of death) occurence

Archived