RTX 2080 BSOD in Ark

turbodonkey

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SamueL125 said:

I noticed that these freezing "without a reason" do not relate to the problems of the video driver. This is the usual loading location. When I installed the game on a fast SSD, the time of freezing was greatly reduced, although their number remained the same. That is, these freezes do not refer to the problem described above, although they are similar to it.

Actually they do, 99% of these freezes have a corresponding entry in the systems log files, where you can see them for yourself. Which have a drive D3D Device being lost.

12 months ago this was the number one cause of crashes, since then we now get this BSOD instead.

7 hours ago, WanT said:

Official 417.71 Game Ready WHQL Display Driver Feedback Thread (Released 1/15/19)
[...]
Issues and updates:
[...]
2453173-ARK Survival may crash with bad pool caller error and eventual BSOD
[...]
(source: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1093879/geforce-drivers/official-417-71-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-1-15-19-/1/ )

Seems like no fix for ARK (again ...). I suppose, that we won't get any kind of fix for this game at all anymore. 
The new project is ATLAS, why support the "old thing"?

Really disappointed. I think, it is time to abandon this game for good, because if they really wanted to, they would have fixed these problems already.

Just to be clear, I'm only stating my own opinion.

Atlas is Ark code, therefore there will be a time when Atlas will experience this as well.

16 hours ago, SamueL125 said:

I noticed that these freezing "without a reason" do not relate to the problems of the video driver. This is the usual loading location. When I installed the game on a fast SSD, the time of freezing was greatly reduced, although their number remained the same. That is, these freezes do not refer to the problem described above, although they are similar to it.

That freezing is totally different to the freezes that the GPU experience. 99% of the time the freezes of the GPU you can't even switch applications or move the mouse. The freezing you are talking about you can certainly still move the mouse and you can even switch to another application that might be running.

To know for sure whether the freeze is due to disc access (which has been there from day one and especially noticeable when entering caves), is to view your event logs and check for yourself.

But I am afraid the freezes you are talking about are not the freezes I was mentioning. 

With 417.71 drivers no BSOD anymore with my RTX 2070, but i've noticed frequent framerate drops. At lest no after 2/3 hours of playing, usually I had BSOD after a range of 5-40min.

I noticed that these freezing "without a reason" do not relate to the problems of the video driver. 

I have freezes when I exit from jungle or ice cave on ragnarok. With GTX 970 were less frequent.

On 1/16/2019 at 5:03 AM, roccog said:

With 417.71 drivers no BSOD anymore with my RTX 2070, but i've noticed frequent framerate drops. At lest no after 2/3 hours of playing, usually I had BSOD after a range of 5-40min.

I noticed that these freezing "without a reason" do not relate to the problems of the video driver. 

I have freezes when I exit from jungle or ice cave on ragnarok. With GTX 970 were less frequent.

I played with my shadows turned up to medium for a few hours.  Worked fine.  I am cautiously optimistic.  Before even on medium it would crash quite soon.

4 minutes ago, SarcoSnack said:

I played with my shadows turned up to medium for a few hours.  Worked fine.  I am cautiously optimistic.  Before even on medium it would crash quite soon.

Just played for 5 minutes and it crashed.  Note sure why now.  I played for 3 hours yesterday no problem.  20 minutes earlier.  5 minutes later sometime and a crash.

RTX 2070 - Driver Ver. 417.35 & 417.71

Just tried to play the base version of the game again (TheIsland) and got a freeze (no bluescreen, just a freeze - i could tab out and kill the game - no Bad_Pool_Anything).
Tried again, worked for about 15 sec and got a freeze again, this time WITH a Bad_Pool_Header Kernel-something (I think everybody knows these errors better than their significant other, thanks to ARK ...).

Really disappointed (mostly because I couldn't refund the GPU, seems like "unplayability of a game" is not enough for a GPU to be refunded (was expecting it, but still ...)).
Heard ATLAS has the same problems. Doesn't feel like these things will ever be fixed -.-.

Ok, finishing the rant now. 

TL;DR: RTX 2070 with 417.35 & 417.71 - freeze and / or crash - no change since 2018 - game still (nearly) unplayable - Map: TheIsland

This is strange, but after installing update 417.71 I turned on all the shadows and played 1080Ti half a month without problems, but yesterday and today the game crushes twice in the winter biome on island. In this case, there was really no BSOD. Bravo NVIDIA! You turned off the BSOD, but did not fix the problem :D

1 hour ago, SamueL125 said:

This is strange, but after installing update 417.71 I turned on all the shadows and played 1080Ti half a month without problems, but yesterday and today the game crushes twice in the winter biome on island. In this case, there was really no BSOD. Bravo NVIDIA! You turned off the BSOD, but did not fix the problem :D

nVidia has Ark crashes as a known issue in the 417.71 release notes.

And I have been saying for months that it has not been fixed on the 1080ti, I can go days, weeks without the crash and then out of nowhere bang it will crash.

Also this BSOD is also a part of the Device D3D being lost issue over 12 months ago too.

So, from now on, I will not follow every new driver, I just turned off the landscape shadow and will enjoy the game. I know this will not fix the problem with the game code and driver, but it will fix the problem with 1080Ti, because without shadows of landscape this card work without crashes.
Looking at how the Atlas came out, I think the game developers have more serious things to do than deal with our problem. But I’m extremely dissatisfied with the work of Nvidia’s programmers - they could refine the driver profile for this game, as enthusiasts do this with the help of NVvidiaprofilinspektor to solve problems in other games ...

Archived